• Originally posted by bonifacio View Post
      this is my iteration
      c- blatche, fajardo
      pf- aguilar, edu,
      sf- norwood, rosario
      sg- lassiter, clarkson, parks
      pg- castro, martin, lee or pogoy
      like!
      Ang PRIDE parang panty, pag hindi binaba walang mangyayari...

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        i'm pretty sure the coach will allow aj and edu to play in the world cup. the level of competition there(world cup) will hasten up their development and their stints will definitely help their respective schools in their ncaa campaign. imagine aj guarding the likes of giannis, simmons, durant and wiggins in world cup while remy will be fit against the likes of patty mills, dante exum, rubio, kyrie and more. their coaches will probably like the idea as it will elevate their confidence since they will be up against competition above ncaa d1.

case in point, rui hachimura in gonzaga u.
        Hachimura even played during the 5th window of the World Cup qualifiers. That was Sept. 13 & 17. The 2019 FIBA World Cup would be held from Aug. 31 to Sept. 15.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Yeng plans to play big

PG: Gabe Norwood
          SG: Jordan Clarkson or Macio Lassiter
          SF: Troy Rosario
          PF: Japeth Aguilar
          C: Andray Blatche

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...e_featured_big

"Yes, we need some changes in terms of approach," said Guiao on Thursday. "We need to go big in the World Cup and, to do that, we need to make some changes."

"We have to convert someone like, say, a Troy Rosario, who is used to playing four his whole career, into a full-time winger. And we may need to ask Gabe to go back to being the point guard," he added.

Guiao made it clear he is not totally abandoning the small-ball system that enabled Gilas Pilipinas under Chot Reyes to make quite an impression during the last Fiba World Cup in Spain back in 2014.

"Small ball is our natural lineup. So we'll still be doing that, lalo na kapag andyan sina Paul (Lee), Jayson (Castro) at RR Pogoy sa loob," said the concurrent NLEX coach.

"But against those [World Cup] teams, we need to have that option to field a big lineup. And we need to prepare for that option. Hindi pwedeng bigla mo na lang gawin kapag andun na tayo."

Even with the planned overhaul, Guiao said he is very happy with the Team Pilipinas side that clinched a spot at the 2019 World Cup with courageous victories against Qatar and Kazakhstan in the sixth and final window.

At the most, Guiao said he plans to make "one or two changes" to the 14-man pool for the sixth window.

"The chemistry of that group with Andray was very good. In fact, I think that was the key to the victories against Qatar and Kazakhstan," Guiao said.

"So I don't want to make so much changes that can disrupt that chemistry. That was what happened in the fifth window. Chemistry wasn't good in the fifth window."

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
            Yeng plans to play big

"Yes, we need some changes in terms of approach," said Guiao on Thursday. "We need to go big in the World Cup and, to do that, we need to make some changes."

"We have to convert someone like, say, a Troy Rosario, who is used to playing four his whole career, into a full-time winger. And we may need to ask Gabe to go back to being the point guard," he added.

Guiao made it clear he is not totally abandoning the small-ball system that enabled Gilas Pilipinas under Chot Reyes to make quite an impression during the last Fiba World Cup in Spain back in 2014.

"Small ball is our natural lineup. So we'll still be doing that, lalo na kapag andyan sina Paul (Lee), Jayson (Castro) at RR Pogoy sa loob," said the concurrent NLEX coach.

"But against those [World Cup] teams, we need to have that option to field a big lineup. And we need to prepare for that option. Hindi pwedeng bigla mo na lang gawin kapag andun na tayo."

Even with the planned overhaul, Guiao said he is very happy with the Team Pilipinas side that clinched a spot at the 2019 World Cup with courageous victories against Qatar and Kazakhstan in the sixth and final window.

At the most, Guiao said he plans to make "one or two changes" to the 14-man pool for the sixth window.

"The chemistry of that group with Andray was very good. In fact, I think that was the key to the victories against Qatar and Kazakhstan," Guiao said.

"So I don't want to make so much changes that can disrupt that chemistry. That was what happened in the fifth window. Chemistry wasn't good in the fifth window."
            how about
            C Fajardo 6'10
            PF Blatche 6'11
            SF Rosario 6'7
            SG Clarkson 6'5
            PG Norwood 6'6

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
              how about
              C Fajardo 6'10
              PF Blatche 6'11
              SF Rosario 6'7
              SG Clarkson 6'5
              PG Norwood 6'6
              this lineup will put the NT at a disadvantage at defense. Troy, JC and Gabe will be taxed on both ends of the floor and Troy's lateral is not as good / fast as JC and Gabe. Let's not be taller just for the sake of being taller. Remember, 6'6 PJ Tucker and 6'8 Kenneth Faried in the frontcourt is as effective or maybe more, than the taller frontline from opposing teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                this lineup will put the NT at a disadvantage at defense. Troy, JC and Gabe will be taxed on both ends of the floor and Troy's lateral is not as good / fast as JC and Gabe. Let's not be taller just for the sake of being taller. Remember, 6'6 PJ Tucker and 6'8 Kenneth Faried in the frontcourt is as effective or maybe more, than the taller frontline from opposing teams.
                Agreed. Not so much on the taxing aspect but I feel Troy's laterals is not optimal for wing. They're ok. And sure Gabe has best size for PG especially on defense but offensively he will still be a dud. I don't think this will be Yeng's main lineup but he's just preparing to utilize it in case he needs to and not just trying it on the day of the game. Actually he did say that.

Another thing in that article is that he emphasizes he doesn't want to disrupt chemistry and will only have 1 or 2 changes. I think those could be:
                -just JC then a local
                or
                -just Remy(if JC not approved as a local) then a local
                If both JC and Remy, that will be a very significant change that will heavily change the team chemistry.
                Think about it; JC will take many shots thus taking away Andray's touches, or if Remy's on the floor he'll run a lot and Dray will just get tired. Both of these factors significantly change the chemistry of the team.

Yeng has a point.

But I'd like both JC & Remy if possible. Heck even add Edu to the mix!
                Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• I think Remy will most likely be the one who will play for us since he's already eligible. That means it will most likely be Barroca that will be dropped from the lineup. Castro will probably be our starting PG. Even though Paul Lee is not that great defensively but we still need his outside shooting and the creativity to score when needed especially since he's our best shooter other than Lassiter. IMO, the last guard slot should be a tossed up between Scottie Thompson and Matthew Wright.

IMO, I'm not really into the hype if JC or Remy will play. I just want our team to have better preparation because it's team chemistry that we need to improve. I'm fine if we have the same lineup in the last window for the World Cup.

Comment

• My fantasy Team:
                    Brickmann- 1
                    Martin-1
                    Clarkson-1/2
                    Lassiter-2/3
                    Holt-2/3
                    Norwood- 1/2/3
                    Adams-3
                    Edu-4
                    Standhardinger-4/5
                    Aguilar-4/5
                    Fajardo-5
                    Blatche-4/5
                    Tab assisted by Toroman and Chot
                    QF guaranteed
                    castro/ barefield, munzon/ gray, anthony/ david, erram/ tiongson, slaugher all waiting in the wings for any injuries
                    Last edited by fthesaint; 03-14-2019, 11:27 PM.
                    " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• Based on availabilities- Realistic Final 12
                      Castro-1
                      Martin-1
                      Barocca-1
                      Lassiter-2
                      Wright-2
                      Norwood-1/2/3
                      Pogoy-2/3
                      Rosario-3/4
                      Edu-3/4
                      Aguilar-4/5
                      Blatche-4/5
                      Fajardo-5
                      lee, parks, ravena, erram, slaughter - honorable mentions
                      Last edited by fthesaint; 03-14-2019, 11:33 PM.
                      " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• here is my most realistic Line - up that would have good balance on defense and offense mobile bigs and quick guards just lack a natural shooter on the starting 5 but we have Blatch, Clarkson and Castro who are scorers.

C - Edu 6'11"
                        PF - Aguilar 6' 9"
                        SF - Blatch 6' 11" (more conditioning 2014 world Cup blatch would fit for a 3 spot in the current Gilas pool)
                        SG - Clarkson 6' 5" (crossing Fingers on this one)
                        PG - Castro 5' 11"

Bench:

C - Fajardo
                        PF/SF - Rosario
                        SG - Pogoy or Wright
                        SG - Lassiter
                        SF/SG - Norwood
                        PG - Martin
                        PG - K. Ravena

Reserves:

Wright or Pogoy
                        Erram
                        Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
                          Agreed. Not so much on the taxing aspect but I feel Troy's laterals is not optimal for wing. They're ok. And sure Gabe has best size for PG especially on defense but offensively he will still be a dud. I don't think this will be Yeng's main lineup but he's just preparing to utilize it in case he needs to and not just trying it on the day of the game. Actually he did say that.

Another thing in that article is that he emphasizes he doesn't want to disrupt chemistry and will only have 1 or 2 changes. I think those could be:
                          -just JC then a local
                          or
                          -just Remy(if JC not approved as a local) then a local
                          If both JC and Remy, that will be a very significant change that will heavily change the team chemistry.
                          Think about it; JC will take many shots thus taking away Andray's touches, or if Remy's on the floor he'll run a lot and Dray will just get tired. Both of these factors significantly change the chemistry of the team.

Yeng has a point.

But I'd like both JC & Remy if possible. Heck even add Edu to the mix!
                          The most plausible changes would be Clarkson for Thirdy Ravena and Martin over Barroca... Anyway Barroca only played in the last window, so the chemistry and familiarity issue wont be much of a big deal. Barroca is in the lineup because of his defense, but Martin is a much better defender, more athletic and taller at around 6-1, can even play 2 guard.

Clarksons taking away shots from Blatche is a good problem for Yeng Guiao.. REMEMBER Clarkson used to play PG with the Lakers, and he can make plays for Blatche.. RECALL the PNR between Clarkson and Standhardinger, imagine the tandem of Clarkson and Blatche , that will certainly make thw opposing coaches nuts. BESIDES Blatvhe is there primary for his defense inside and not as our gunslinger...

I am also hoping that Edu would be the 12 th man over Pogoy as we need big guys with agility and length.. With Clarkson in, that makes Pogoy dispensable.. While Pogoy is there primarily there for defense, but Lassiter and Martin could cover for that and besides Clarkson is not himself a poor defender...

Comment

• I disagree with Yeng. Norwood is a liability in offense. I havent seen a more meek player than him. He has all the physical gifts and skills but zero shooting instinct. For some reason, whether to avoid injury or not to attract attention, Norwood almost never looks to score. A guard who doesnt score is almost useless. Even Bruce Bowen became a reliable 3 pt shooter. A 6'6 guard with athleticism and skills but doesnt score. Maybe he fears if he started dominating the PBA he either might get injured or have his papers scrutinized. I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                              I disagree with Yeng. Norwood is a liability in offense. I havent seen a more meek player than him. He has all the physical gifts and skills but zero shooting instinct. For some reason, whether to avoid injury or not to attract attention, Norwood almost never looks to score. A guard who doesnt score is almost useless. Even Bruce Bowen became a reliable 3 pt shooter. A 6'6 guard with athleticism and skills but doesnt score. Maybe he fears if he started dominating the PBA he either might get injured or have his papers scrutinized. I dunno.
                              Norwood also is also very passive offensively. Never mind if his outside shooting is suspect. Wala na syang/tayong magagawa kung mahina talaga shooting touch nya. But there are many ways to score other than outside shooting. I agree with U, Norwood has the physical gifts but he hasn't utilized them as much as he should have. I've seen many times that during transition situations, Norwood could have attacked the defense by driving it strong to the basket, instead he just backed-down and waited for his teammates for a halfcourt set up play. Sayang yung scoring opportunity. He is passive in offense. My point here is that, with his superior ball handling, athleticism & height (he is a good size swingman even in the international level), its relatively easy for him to attack the defense on dribble drives specially on transition when the opposing team's defense is not yet properly set up. Pag mag drive sya, its either he scores, or he drops it off inside on an open teammate or he gets fouled. It would be hard to stop an athletic 6-foot-5 swingman running the break.

Abueva on the other hand is the complete opposite of Norwood. Kung si Norwood takot sumaksak sa loob, si Abueva walang takot umatake nang umatake sa basket specially during transition. And that what makes Abueva such an effective player both in the PBA game & the FIBA game.

Nevertheless, one can't discredit Norwood for his contribution to Gilas & Philippine basketball as a whole.
                              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• How about letting AJ play at the world's stage with the senior team? pwede na siguro even being the 12th man.

Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                                Yeng plans to play big

Who is going to be his alternate at the small forward position? Parks? I don't mind having a small lineup with Remy Martin at the starting point guard position (if he is available and eligible to play) alongside Clarkson, that will be a heck of a back court Norwood of course will be the starting number 3 position.
                                "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information