Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    I am hoping sbp will organize a pocket tournament for Gilas here in Manila or Cebu. I am also hoping we could invite the likes of Venezuela and Dominican Republic, Angola, Spain, Poland, and Czech Republic. Just wishful thinking. Baka naman mangyari. Hehehe
    Very feasible, given the close proximity to China. But i want bigger teams. Canada. France, Spain, Argentina and the like.

Comment

I am hoping sbp will organize a pocket tournament for Gilas here in Manila or Cebu. I am also hoping we could invite the likes of Venezuela and Dominican Republic, Angola, Spain, Poland, and Czech Republic. Just wishful thinking. Baka naman mangyari. Hehehe
      i agree with this, maybe a cheaper alternative too if sponsors would provide accomodation and transportatiom for the visiting team, maybe mr.analyzed can invite the kiwis.Other European and South American team may be invited as well.Kung sabagay China is just a 3 hour flight away.
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• The Gilas History recap

Here is a good recap of the SBP’s journey of bringing back the Philippines to the World Stage of Basketball. From the start of Rajko Toroman 2009, to Chot Reyes, to Tab Baldwin, to Chot Reyes , to the Yeng Guaio eras of present time 2019. We commend the SBP for all it’s efforts and taking every basketball loving Filipino’s hearts through a journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
          Very feasible, given the close proximity to China. But i want bigger teams. Canada. France, Spain, Argentina and the like.
          But the thing is they are too big of a team that may decline our invitation if ever. Baka mag-inarte kasi sikat unlike lesser known and newbie teams in World Cup. I think they accept any invitation for tune ups.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

• If kouame will improve his slashing, dribbling and shooting for the next 2 years, he is really a viable candidate to replace Blatche.

Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

But the thing is they are too big of a team that may decline our invitation if ever. Baka mag-inarte kasi sikat unlike lesser known and newbie teams in World Cup. I think they accept any invitation for tune ups.
              That's where experience and knowledge on the process of how to do things comes into play, there are ways (tricks of the trade) of getting what you want .
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                The risk of just buying your way to success is our problems and weaknesses of our programs are hidden, it gives a false sense of security that we're OK in basketball development and output when we really are not
                I'm actually more excited with the U19 World Cup Batang Gilas team, as a true reflection of "our" basketball .
                Well said. We Filipinos are too optimistic that we are almost delusional. We tend to look the other way when there is a problem and when we try to solve the problem, we solve it in the most easiest and quickest way (band aid solution, buying our way to success, etc). We take criticism as an insult, that when someone speaks negatively, we take it personally as an attack on us, and we brand them as being unpatriotic. Most of our Pinoy brothers are in the impression that we are the "best in Asia", that we have the "best PG in Asia", the best guards in Asia, etc, etc. but all these accolades are self proclaimed and are not a reflection of what our basketball status is right now. Sometimes we need a dose of reali ty

Comment

• the south american countries knowing their situation were notvmag iinarte some even wanted to play well to get jobs here in pba or abl..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• UNITED States will have a No. 1 seed for the FIBA World Cup this summer in China.

FIBA announced the eight top seeds Tuesday, based on the latest world rankings that were updated following the end of qualifying for the World Cup. China got a No. 1 seed as the host nation. The other No. 1 seeds will be Spain, France, Serbia, Argentina, Lithuania and Greece.

Any of the pods sans china and the US will do.

Comment

• So based on world rankings alone, here's what the pots may look like:

Pot 1
                      China us spain france serbia argentina lithuania greece

Pot 2
                      Russia aus brazil italy PR turkey DR Venezuela

Pot 3
                      Germany canada czech poland iran montenegro phils korea

Pot 4
                      Nigeria senegal NZ angola japan jordan tunisia civ

So best case for us imo is China DR phils civ.

Comment

• Originally posted by excelsior View Post
                        So based on world rankings alone, here's what the pots may look like:

Pot 1
                        China us spain france serbia argentina lithuania greece

Pot 2
                        Russia aus brazil italy PR turkey DR Venezuela

Pot 3
                        Germany canada czech poland iran montenegro phils korea

Pot 4
                        Nigeria senegal NZ angola japan jordan tunisia civ

So best case for us imo is China DR phils civ.
                        I don't think FIBA will place two Asian teams in one group. There will be at most 4 groups with 2 European teams as there are 8 groups and 12 qualified EU teams. So as long as we don't get grouped with two EU teams then we are good.
                        Originally posted by gideon
                        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• I have a question. So my boss who is from germany and a bigtime basketball fan sd that dont be shocked if they let the likes of pringle stan etc as locals. FIBA world is not like fiba asia. Given the said scenario. Pringle and Stand will be auto locked?
                          You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cammomile View Post
                            I have a question. So my boss who is from germany and a bigtime basketball fan sd that dont be shocked if they let the likes of pringle stan etc as locals. FIBA world is not like fiba asia. Given the said scenario. Pringle and Stand will be auto locked?
                            Is he an insider or something?
                            Well, Standharder is an upgrade over Erram, and Pringle an upgrade over many guards, Paul Lee for example.

Comment

• Looks like Remy Martin is for real

Imagine him with Clarkson as the guards in gilas

Blatche
                              Junmar
                              Jap
                              Edu/Stan
                              Norwood
                              Rosario
                              Lassiter
                              Castro
                              Lee- he gives toughness to the team
                              Clarkson
                              Remy
                              Stanley

This would be the strongest RP team
                              2 NBA vets
                              1 NCAA star guard and young forward
                              5x PBA mvp
                              2x Asia best guard

Hope sbp can get them
                              I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by Cammomile View Post
                                I have a question. So my boss who is from germany and a bigtime basketball fan sd that dont be shocked if they let the likes of pringle stan etc as locals. FIBA world is not like fiba asia. Given the said scenario. Pringle and Stand will be auto locked?
                                It's not FIBA central that we would worry about but the host nation China, as host they're the admistrators of the eligibility checks prior to tournament, even if FiBA takes a blind eye the host nation won't, especially with Asian rivals who are competing for the 1 and only spot for the Olympics.
                                Basically non Asian teams can possibly sneak things thru and China won't care as long as they don't play them, but Asian teams no way, they China will scrutinise everything
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information