Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
    alam ba nila 5x mvp? if they do, do they even care? do they even know the name junmar fajardo? do they even know that he is a basketball? hahaha
    Ah ok Wala ba Sila scout? Lol oo na di na magaling si junemar pinapabayaan Lang Ng kalaban Yan Kaya nakaka score.

Comment

• Somebody Bring back Romeo

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
        I didn't know we're talking about that, we're talking about JM value
        Lol why not Senegal din Naman Yung topic e ano kala mo ikaw Lang marunong mag jump Ng topic? Beside Nasa topic padin Naman ako ah.

Comment

• Originally posted by b@tu View Post
          I have nothing personally against Fajardo but with all those saying he's special or that he's a good offensive player when it comes to internationals, let's take a look at his PPG during some major tournaments/qualifiers.

2014 FIBA WC

vs Croatia: 2 pts
          vs Greece: 10 pts
          vs Argentia: 6 pts
          vs Puerto Rico: 0 pts
          vs Senegal: 15 points

AVG: 6.6 PPG

2016 OQT Manila

vs France: 0 pts
          vs New Zealand: 11 pts

AVG: 5.5 PPG

2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification

vs Japan: 6 pts
          vs Taiwan: 17 pts
          vs Australia: 15 pts
          vs Japan: 7 pts
          vs Taiwan 22 pts
          vs Australia 10 pts
          vs Kazakhstan 14 pts
          vs Iran 8 pts
          vs Qatar 0 pts
          vs Kazakhstan 9 pts

AVG 10.8 pts

Though his numbers during the 2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification were better than in the past, they are still average at best. His PPG was ranked 32nd for the 2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification. This is only from a scoring perspective so take away from it what you will. He may have had his moments, but in terms of International basketball, he isn't a "special" or very good offensive player.
          So who is this special or very good offensive player in Australia that is way better than JF in terms of points. Also who played 6 games (half of the games in AQ and for consistency purposes) or more in Asian Qualifiers.and of course plays center position
          Last edited by zairex; 08-16-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
            So who is this special or very good offensive player in Australia that is way better than JF in terms of points. Also who played 6 games (half of the games in AQ and for consistency purposes) or more in Asian Qualifiers.

HUH??? Australia???

Comment

• Fajardo is a very good offensive player if given the opportunity to score. He has variety of post moves he can use against international big men and what I like most about him is he knows how to seal early in the paint which our team should utilize more especially when he's on the court. That moment in the Kazakhstan when he replaced Blatche after he got into foul trouble was crucial as he scored a bunch of points to maintain the lead while Blatche was out. He toyed with the Kazhak's bigs and that crucial moment sealed our World Cup stint.

The problem is he's basically a reliever of Blatche who plays like a point center in our team ala Nikola Jokic and it is only effective if we pair him with an athletic big that's why it's usually Japeth just like Jokic with Plumlee then several scoring guards around them.

Comment

HUH??? Australia???
                The topic here is who are the top 25 centers better than JF. considering Australia is the top team in AQ then they must have special centers. Besides how can you say JF is average against other centers if we will not compare him to the top centers of AQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by ros View Post
                  Fajardo is a very good offensive player if given the opportunity to score. He has variety of post moves he can use against international big men and what I like most about him is he knows how to seal early in the paint which our team should utilize more especially when he's on the court. That moment in the Kazakhstan when he replaced Blatche after he got into foul trouble was crucial as he scored a bunch of points to maintain the lead while Blatche was out. He toyed with the Kazhak's bigs and that crucial moment sealed our World Cup stint.

The problem is he's basically a reliever of Blatche who plays like a point center in our team ala Nikola Jokic and it is only effective if we pair him with an athletic big that's why it's usually Japeth just like Jokic with Plumlee then several scoring guards around them.
                  To add to the Kazakh game or our last game of AQ, JF scored 7 points and grab 5 rebounds including 3 offensive rebounds in 7.5 minutes of play. He was the highest scorer and rebounder in that stretch. When he entered the we had an 9 point lead that was cut down to 6 via triple of Zhegulin. then JF went to work and when he was sub out our lead balloon to 14 points. That's why Blatch lauds the effort of JF when Blatch was called for 4 fouls in the third quarter. Read the link below

If Yeng Guiao were asked, the addition of Andray Blatche was the game-changing move for Gilas Pilipinas during the final window of the 2019 FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers. “We did not have Andray in Manila,“ the eloquent tactician told a member of the Kazakhstan press after the Philippines’ 93-75, World Cup-clinching win on Monday […]

Comment

I have nothing personally against Fajardo but with all those saying he's special or that he's a good offensive player when it comes to internationals, let's take a look at his PPG during some major tournaments/qualifiers.

2014 FIBA WC

vs Croatia: 2 pts
                    vs Greece: 10 pts
                    vs Argentia: 6 pts
                    vs Puerto Rico: 0 pts
                    vs Senegal: 15 points

AVG: 6.6 PPG

2016 OQT Manila

vs France: 0 pts
                    vs New Zealand: 11 pts

AVG: 5.5 PPG

2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification

vs Japan: 6 pts
                    vs Taiwan: 17 pts
                    vs Australia: 15 pts
                    vs Japan: 7 pts
                    vs Taiwan 22 pts
                    vs Australia 10 pts
                    vs Kazakhstan 14 pts
                    vs Iran 8 pts
                    vs Qatar 0 pts
                    vs Kazakhstan 9 pts

AVG 10.8 pts

Though his numbers during the 2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification were better than in the past, they are still average at best. His PPG was ranked 32nd for the 2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification. This is only from a scoring perspective so take away from it what you will. He may have had his moments, but in terms of International basketball, he isn't a "special" or very good offensive player.
                    And to use your own basis for evaluating an average Center.

To make this more an apple to apple comparison. I am taking away the stat of the fifth window because Blatch didn't play in that window. I will also be taking away the six window because JF was injured. That's why he scored 0 points and only played 4 mins in the Qatar game.

If we look at the average points of JF against AB at the end of the fourth window, JF had better averages than AB considering AB played more minutes.
                    JF averages 12.83 while Blatch averages 11.67 points per game. So how come we won those games if both JF and AB are average centers.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                      Had it been in the 90s or early 2000s, Junmar could be playing in the NBA right now but its 2019 where Back to the basket players and those who cant defend PNR becones extinct. This becomes more apparent in inyernational plays... With excellent scouts and availability of PBA games on Internet, Junmar will be exposed defensively and exploited by other teams, that his scoring cant overcompensate for his defensive deficiency...
                      this.. it’s not rocket science not to understand this..
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

And to use your own basis for evaluating an average Center.

To make this more an apple to apple comparison. I am taking away the stat of the fifth window because Blatch didn't play in that window. I will also be taking away the six window because JF was injured. That's why he scored 0 points and only played 4 mins in the Qatar game.

If we look at the average points of JF against AB at the end of the fourth window, JF had better averages than AB considering AB played more minutes.
                        JF averages 12.83 while Blatch averages 11.67 points per game. So how come we won those games if both JF and AB are average centers.
                        We won those games because of team play and Andray being Andray.

I’m giving Junemar the credit he deserves—a good role player. However, he is nowhere near the likes of Scola or Cousins.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                          We won those games because of team play and Andray being Andray.

I’m giving Junemar the credit he deserves—a good role player. However, he is nowhere near the likes of Scola or Cousins.
                          For a role player, he is top 3 in points average. That's more than a role player, he averages more points than 3 starters we have.

Kindly compare him to a player that played in AQ. Who among the centers of AQ have better points average with 6 games or more(for consistency sake). And their team qualified to the world cup 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                            Had it been in the 90s or early 2000s, Junmar could be playing in the NBA right now but its 2019 where Back to the basket players and those who cant defend PNR becones extinct. This becomes more apparent in inyernational plays... With excellent scouts and availability of PBA games on Internet, Junmar will be exposed defensively and exploited by other teams, that his scoring cant overcompensate for his defensive deficiency...
                            Just a counter argument.

Cavs have the two worst defenders in the league last 2017/18 season. Yet they still reach the finals. The two players are Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.

My point is, it common for a team to make defensive adjustments to minimize the defensive liabilities of players like what Cavs did. I hope we can do the same with JF.

Comment

For a role player, he is top 3 in points average. That's more than a role player, he averages more points than 3 starters we have.

Kindly compare him to a player that played in AQ. Who among the centers of AQ have better points average with 6 games or more(for consistency sake). And their team qualified to the world cup 2019
                              For me, personally, a player has to be consistent top notcher in points, rebounding, and assists to be more than a role player.

In the Asian Qualifiers, Junemar only made it to the top 10 in points while he ranked 18/19th rebounds and assists. He made significant contributions; I won't dispute that. However, I just don't see him being in the same tier as Ratliffe, Andray, and Fazekas... yet.

IMHO, Junemar has not been able to solidify himself as one of the best centers in Asia because (a) he is a late bloomer and (b) his participation has only been consistent since the Asia Cup 2017. Just look at his past performances:

FIBA Asia 2013: Barely played
                              World Cup 2014: Played one good game against Senegal
                              FIBA Asia 2015: DNP

Take note that Junemar was already 24 by the time he officially joined the NT in 2013 yet he rarely got to see action. If he started playing internationally since he was 16 like Kai, it would be a different story.
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                                I actually agree with tho I'm also suggesting to check his per 40 minutes averages and compare it with the other centers in FIBA Asia and Pacific. Junmar, as far as I remember was among the most efficient players in the last world cup. At one point, he was even the most efficient.

Anyway, despite being a late bloomer and all, Mr Analyzed"s list of 25 is still nowhere to be found
                                Despite all the setbacks, Junemar was able to deliver one way or another. He's earned that.

At least he is not an EJ Feihl.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information