No announcement yet.

Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news Rui Hachimura will miss Japan's last two #FIBAWC games due to knee discomfort and general fatigue.

Imagine IBN if one our Gilas will miss the next two games because of General Fatigue..

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
      In other news Rui Hachimura will miss Japan's last two #FIBAWC games due to knee discomfort and general fatigue.

Imagine IBN if one our Gilas will miss the next two games because of General Fatigue..
      If only we will be facing Japan instead of Tunisia in the classification pool
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        What about DDO?
        ddo is still drive and kick but your primary offensive option is to drive while the perimeter is just your contigency plan. remember, your aim in ddo is to beat your defender through dribble penetration.

like plays of uk:

Attack
        defend
        Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
          In other news Rui Hachimura will miss Japan's last two #FIBAWC games due to knee discomfort and general fatigue.

It's either they (he) are/is exercising prudence and caution, or there is a gentlemen's agreement between Japan Federation and Washington that in case they won't move further, rest Hachi. Context here is different.

I wonder though how Japan's fandom reacts.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
            Because they have some success even without a naturalized player then. Can we have same success or better without a naturalized player with the Euro system?
            They have ra guna now but still tinatambakan parin sila...

Yes i believe we can proper time to rest and to prepare. we can be successful even without Naturalized player. just looking at korea locals vs our locals i believe lamang tayo. specially if we use euro style just like gilas 1 but this time with our best talent available.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
              ddo is still drive and kick but your primary offensive option is to drive while the perimeter is just your contigency plan. remember, your aim in ddo is to beat your defender through dribble penetration.

like plays of uk:
              Ok, I get it.

So this means that Korea's drive-and-kick play is more of baiting the defense to collapse in order to open up the shooters, while DDO is more of really finishing the drive with a lay-up or a floater with the option of kicking it out to the shooter as a contingency measure.

Thanks bro.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• I think Rui is overrated. Dude just seems like a system player to me and he struggles against nba level defense. He has the build to be a star player but if the wizards mess it up then its over for his career in the nba. The good thing is who else is gonna get the ball other than beal (wall is injured)? I really hope he does well but I just don’t see it.
                I want him to prove me wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
                  +100 i don't understand this people wanting to copy korean style... they can't even compete againts world class teams atleast at one ponit (2014 and 2016) we showed we can...

If there's 1 thing i want to copy on korea is their personal attitude and discipline but cultural na yan e every sport yan talaga character nila dito satin happy go lucky..

Euro system is definitely the way to go.
                  Euro system does not suit asian players though. They run alot of half court sets to create mismatches in defense and use their size advantage.

Asians dont have that size and have to play a blitz game with 3 pointers and fastbreaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                    I think Rui is overrated. Dude just seems like a system player to me and he struggles against nba level defense. He has the build to be a star player but if the wizards mess it up then its over for his career in the nba. The good thing is who else is gonna get the ball other than beal (wall is injured)? I really hope he does well but I just don’t see it.
                    I want him to prove me wrong though.
                    Well, we have to remember, he's only 21. He hasn't reach his peak yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                      Euro system does not suit asian players though. They run alot of half court sets to create mismatches in defense and use their size advantage.

Asians dont have that size and have to play a blitz game with 3 pointers and fastbreaks.
                      Gilas 1 already proved we can excell on that system and beside euro style are not limited on the size alone you need to be committed and play the right way.

Comment

• Is the game tonight televise on local tv?

Thanks!

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post

Comment

So you want us to use our shitty system instead? Hell no. We have size in our youth players anyway.

Comment

need to combine 2014 gilas pace, korean discipline, shooting and stamina, china's size

Comment

Ok, I get it.

So this means that Korea's drive-and-kick play is more of baiting the defense to collapse in order to open up the shooters, while DDO is more of really finishing the drive with a lay-up or a floater with the option of kicking it out to the shooter as a contingency measure.

Thanks bro.
                              as you can see, korean team is the best example in asia to take advantage of plays involving the screens. they play alot of stagger screens involving kim sunhyung and choi junyong as the ballhandler with ra guna and kim jongkyu in pnr as the roll men while lee junghyun and park chanhee will pop out off the screens (puro off ball screens).

kaya tayo hirap na hirap sa korea because they don't just provide screen once but multiple times and it is all stagger screen and off ball screens kaya maiiwan talaga ang mga defenders natin.
                              Attack
                              defend
                              Unite

Comment

Ok, I get it.

Thanks bro.
                                kaya nga i am always wondering why guys like parks and jared d. drives then turn 360° then kick out. it is not the essence of ddo.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information