Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Does it really matter if he isn't in the top 10 or top 20 of Asian centers? Yeah he has limitations and he isn't even our starting center. But we need him on our team. There's a huge gap in talent between him and our second best elligible bigman.
    Are you talking about Jap? Huge gap is an overstatement.
    #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
      Are you talking about Jap? Huge gap is an overstatement.
      Is Jap the PBA 2nd best elligible bigman? Ouch. I was thinking of Greg but both are below average..

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        Is Jap the PBA 2nd best elligible bigman? Ouch. I was thinking of Greg but both are below average..
        Ahh yes. I forgot about Greg. I wouldn't call Greg and Jap as less talented than Junmar though
        #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
          And this is what matters most. We need him. Period.

I don't know why this topic about JF is always brought up. Threads are hijacked by this argument. Someone always has to point out how mediocre he is and honestly what is the point of doing that? May galit ba kay JF? Does he get hurt seeing him wearing a Gilas uniform? Does having him on the team give him sleepless nights? What is point?

As long as he can play we'll need him. So you take the good and bad and you make the most out of it.
          I hope this ends this topic.

Junmar locally trained and all has achieved certain success in fiba. Averaging double figures is no easy task.

Its just unsettling for sone that soneone trained locally, loyal with the evil empire, coached by a backward coach has achieved this. Parang junmar is the embodiment of the things some of you hate in pinoy basketball but he keeps proving you wrong so kahit anong galing at husay ang pinapakita ni junmar sa fiba, di nyo mareconcile in your heads. Hence, the excuses.

Comment

• Japeth is the best partner to Blatche because of his defense. But lets say there was no Blatche. Who would you play more minutes? Japeth or JF? Since its a defense offense tradeoff lets say you can choose another eligibile big to offset their weakness which would you think will be strongee internationally? Lets pair JF with the next best defensive big, Erram. Lets pair Japeth with the next best offensive big Greg.

Unfortunately, Gregs game has fallen off a cliff. He wasnt the smoothest operator in the post but he made shots, defended and rebounded. Unfortunately, after all his injuries, he is just a shell of his former self. He is actually a liability to his team except for one opponent, SMB.

So by this measure, in a case without Blatche we need JF more than Japeth. We have somebody who is a decent defender and rim protector in Erram. Unfortunately, currently Greg is miles away from JF.

Comment

• Who said Belga over JF just to prove a point here this comment mapapa react ka. Kahit barangay coach ako I will never leave out JF.

Sino ba yun top 25 centers na yan better than JF ilabas na yan? Para malaman

Point is we will never know since lagat ng ito opinion lang.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                Great player in a great team, great player in a good team, great player in a bad team, good player in a great team, good player in a good team, good player in a bad team, average player in a great team, average player in a good team, average player in an average team or an average player in a bad team. Which do you think Junemar belonged to?
                Great player in a great team in the PBA, Good player in an good team in Asia, Average player in an average team team in Asia Pacific and average player in a bad team in World Cup...

Comment

• Originally posted by b@tu View Post
                  2014 FIBA World Cup 6.6 PPG
                  2016 OQT Manila 5.5 PPG
                  2019 FIBA Basketball WC qualification 10.8 PPG

From official FIBA Boxscores

2013 FIBA Asia Championship 0.4 PPG
                  2014 FIBA Asia Cup 1.8 PPG
                  2017 SEABA Championship 9.2 PPG
                  2017 FIBA Asia Cup 6.0 PPG

From Wikipedia. I feel they are accurate because the numbers from the 2014 FIBA WC match the numbers on Wikipedia as well.

EDIT: The boxscores from the 2017 SEABA Championship and 2017 FIBA Asia Cup are still available on FIBA's website but I don't want to go through all of them to get his scoring averages. LOL
                  Averages of elite Center...... Come on guys whats so bad if Junmar if just an average Center internationally?

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                    Averages of elite Center...... Come on guys whats so bad if Junmar if just an average Center internationally?
                    Nothing. He still would be in good company.
                    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• sasama ko ba sa list si the late cris bolado, bonel balingit, dong polistico, ej feihl..sa list that you mention, ha tagal walang laro gilas kaya aabot ng 25 pages itong 25 centers in asia pacific discussion
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• FIBA World Cup Power Rankings

19. Philippines

25. New Zealand.

Comment

• Change topic:

Serbia vs. Italia tune up now.

I guess they are playing each other because they know they are favored to advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                            Change topic:

Serbia vs. Italia tune up now.

I guess they are playing each other because they know they are favored to advance.

Hope our entire Gilas team is watching this game...

Comment

• perhaps this is a good counter proposition: instead of naming at least 25 centers in the asia pacific region that are better than junmar, why not name at least 25 centers in the asia pacific region who can replace him and make gilas a better team? they don't have to be as productive offensively as junmar, just outright compatible with blatche and the guards and preferably with big d1ck energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                                perhaps this is a good counter proposition: instead of naming at least 25 centers in the asia pacific region that are better than junmar, why not name at least 25 centers in the asia pacific region who can replace him and make gilas a better team? they don't have to be as productive offensively as junmar, just outright compatible with blatche and the guards and preferably with big d1ck energy.
                                LOL, like naturalize Ra Guna as a Filipino??? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information