Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    I think ray will give in on the public outcry, blackwater is just upset mvp froup pulled out stephenson from them joke..
    Too late for that bro, CYG will make it bad on him during practice. You know how Guiao hold grudges...

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
      Too late for that bro, CYG will make it bad on him during practice. You know how Guiao hold grudges...
      As if chot reyes did to him by making him a defensive player, he should learn his lesson..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

This too will pass. Dont know if his decision has blessing of Blackwater management especially that that one if his reason is to concentrate on BWE campaign...
        just get over it.. again lots of time for him. hey we forgive what lassiter did with various lame excuses and now will play in world cup this year after his return to gilas last year.. BRP jr. will get choosen for sure in the future..
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Sorry emotions got the better of me.. Wishing somebody got into his senses para matauhan, masyadong Pabebe at Primadonna na, rookie pa lang. He should have read the article on Ravena's impending return.
          KIEFER Ravena is ready to represent the country anew.

Banned for 18 months, the 6-foot guard will finally get his chance to train anew with Gilas Pilipinas with him finally being cleared for practice on Monday.

"I'm very excited. Kung iisipin mo, 500 na araw ko itong hinintay to play the sport you love. I've been working out by myself pero iba pa rin na kasama mo ang teammates and coaches and I'll be able to play with the team," he said.

Ravena has been allowed to practice with the national team and his mother ballclub NLEX on Monday -- a full two months away from the expiration of his Fiba-imposed suspension. He will be cleared to play by August 24.

He'll take that from nothing, as the 25-year-old playmaker will definitely be a big boost on Gilas Pilipinas' backcourt and his arrival couldn't be anymore timely after longtime national team staple Jayson Castro withdrew from the pool.

"News has been going around na walang masyado nagpa-practice sa team. Kilala niyo naman ako na kung pwede na talaga, di ako magda-dalawang isip na maglaro para sa country," he said.

Coach Yeng Guiao has repeatedly floated Ravena's names as the newest inclusions to the pool, though the outspoken mentor have stated worries on the conditioning of the two-time UAAP MVP.

Ravena, however, believes that he's better than ever with the shape he's currently in — one which is ready to don the national tri-colors anew with the biggest goal suiting up for the World Cup in China come August.

"I think I'll surprise a lot of people with my game shape and my conditioning right now," he said. "Honestly, last time I felt this was in third year college. I've lost a lot of weight, 22 pounds to be exact, and playing-wise, I think maraming magugulat kasi gusto ko talaga magulat ang mga ibang tao na hindi naniniwala na makakabalik ako sa dati."

"Totoo na mahirap din mawala ng isa't kalahating taon and it's really a mental game kung paano mo i-push ang sarili mo to work out and stay in tip-top shape. But ito yung pinakamalaking chance ko makabawi, hindi lang sa mga tao at sa mga taong sumusuporta sa akin, pati din sa national team dahil Pilipinas ang nadamay sa sitwasyon na nangyari sa akin."

Ravena says that he's worked so hard to get to this point, and if given the chance to be part of Gilas Pilipinas again for the international basketball showpiece, he won't let this opportunity go.

"If I have a chance to get included, this will be my first World Cup and this journey has been important to my career. I've learned a lot from this experience and yun lang iniisip ko," he said. "I want to give back para doon sa mga players na nag-sakripisyo na naglaro sa qualifiers at tumuloy ng journey na yun."

Comment

• so its a political game right...they saying that as sign of respect to the players by joining the tryout..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
              so its a political game right...they saying that as sign of respect to the players by joining the tryout..
              Robert Bolick is invited in the pool.

After Jayson Castro bid Gilas Pilipinas farewell, Yeng Guiao opened the Gilas Pilipinas pool, hoping to find someone who could fill the hole left by the two-time All-FIBA Asia team member. Besides the re-addition of Kiefer Ravena, Guiao invited NorthPort Batang Pier guard Robert Bolick to join the pool as well. And the 23-year-old guard […]

Jayson Castro bidding Gilas Pilipinas farewell, Yeng Guiao made sure to open the Gilas Pilipinas pool, hoping to find someone who could fill the hole left by the two-time All-FIBA Asia team member.

Besides the re-addition of Kiefer Ravena, Guiao invited NorthPort Batang Pier guard Robert Bolick to join the pool as well.

And the 23-year-old guard out of Ormoc, Leyte gladly heeded the call of duty. (Hello RayRay..)
              Trolls are inutile individuals who want to look like the wiser and the best. But generally their are helpless, weakest and the ugly..Bato bato sa langit ang tamaan guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by yobabs715ph View Post
                Robert Bolick is invited in the pool.

After Jayson Castro bid Gilas Pilipinas farewell, Yeng Guiao opened the Gilas Pilipinas pool, hoping to find someone who could fill the hole left by the two-time All-FIBA Asia team member. Besides the re-addition of Kiefer Ravena, Guiao invited NorthPort Batang Pier guard Robert Bolick to join the pool as well. And the 23-year-old guard […]

Jayson Castro bidding Gilas Pilipinas farewell, Yeng Guiao made sure to open the Gilas Pilipinas pool, hoping to find someone who could fill the hole left by the two-time All-FIBA Asia team member.

Besides the re-addition of Kiefer Ravena, Guiao invited NorthPort Batang Pier guard Robert Bolick to join the pool as well.

And the 23-year-old guard out of Ormoc, Leyte gladly heeded the call of duty. (Hello RayRay..)
                Who are the other invitees? SEEMS like CYG knows more threatrics than Chot Reyes....Papiecemeal mag announce... Hope Greg Slaughter and CY Perez gets called up...

Comment

Who are the other invitees? SEEMS like CYG knows more threatrics than Chot Reyes....Papiecemeal mag announce... Hope Greg Slaughter and CY Perez gets called up...
                  Bro lets forget that lame/full of excuses guy Mr. Parks, like many posters say here, it's his loss anyway. For sure di naman niya madadala laro niya sa Gilas, since he is a guy who needs ton of touches to be effective as a scorer. Same passive and timid Parks from before lang makikita natin, so no worries. Scrub/Fraud player, if not for his surname he'll just be another regular filam player.

Side note: why greg slaughter bro? We saw how ineffective he is vs kazakstan. What would he provide if ever vs Angola, italy or serbia? I feel those teams would run, and pick and roll him to death once they see how slow Greg and his reactions on the defensive side is. Since Castro for Kiefer spot is a lock, why should we go to Greg on the thirdy spot instead of a CJ Perez (I feel he will really help a lot)?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                    Bro lets forget that lame/full of excuses guy Mr. Parks, like many posters say here, it's his loss anyway. For sure di naman niya madadala laro niya sa Gilas, since he is a guy who needs ton of touches to be effective as a scorer. Same passive and timid Parks from before lang makikita natin, so no worries. Scrub/Fraud player, if not for his surname he'll just be another regular filam player.

Side note: why greg slaughter bro? We saw how ineffective he is vs kazakstan. What would he provide if ever vs Angola, italy or serbia? I feel those teams would run, and pick and roll him to death once they see how slow Greg and his reactions on the defensive side is. Since Castro for Kiefer spot is a lock, why should we go to Greg on the thirdy spot instead of a CJ Perez (I feel he will really help a lot)?
                    We need him to defend the marjanovic and other huge centers of other countries

Comment

Maybe because he saw a need for our team to have more able bodies (guys 6’9 & above) to throw at the bigs of the European teams. He wont play as much, just so Blatche can focus on the offensive end while JF & Greg alternates at the 5

Comment

• Greg lost weight and he did really well defending Fajardo.

Comment

Holding grudges and playing political favourites is an issue then, BTW just remembered in terms of exposure to the nuances of World competition, Alapags knowledge would be an asset,
                          Bragging aside it's actually astonishing that I might have more familiarity with the nuances of different styles of Americas, Euro teams and officials than the head coach of Gilas, as crazy as it may sound you only get that thru experience as part of staff which Yeng has none of,
                          You can't gain it by reading a book or simply stories of others. It's astonishing that he doesn't have assistance or consultancy to help him who have world experience.
                          Rather than working with people who are most competent and have experience, Yengs essential making decisions insularly on his experience working with people in the PBA and keeping his stakeholders happy. It's really not the best basketball decisions he's after but career management positioning.

Speaking of how things are so poorly managed, and driven politically, if you guys only knew.. the real story on how some of the suspensions were handled
                          Last edited by analyzed; 06-22-2019, 09:43 PM.
                          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                            We need him to defend the marjanovic and other huge centers of other countries
                            Exactly, we need his size and helft to match against those mammoth and equally slow footed bigs like Boban, Radjulica, Bargagni. WE dont want Blatche and JF to loss to much energy and fouls defending this guys, we want them to focus on offense. Besides the other bigs, Aguilar and Erram are just to lean to handle these guys. Si Almazan naman, has history of going AWOL and not yet dully healed. Besides he has lose weight and in fact finishing fastbreaks already in the PBA. Slaughter will just play spot and matchup minutes with those bigs, pag linabas na ang mga malalaking bruiser ng othee team he goes out already. You have to mixed and matched, pattern the compoaition of your team on the personnel of the opponent...

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                              Maybe because he saw a need for our team to have more able bodies (guys 6’9 & above) to throw at the bigs of the European teams. He wont play as much, just so Blatche can focus on the offensive end while JF & Greg alternates at the 5
                              Japhet and Erram or Almazan wont cut it defending against Boban type of guys.. Parang sa PBA imports, you let Slaughter defend the Stepheson type imports but not the Johnson type, you let Japhet handle them..

Comment

Moved on with Parks bro, exactly your point, he wont bring his game in Fiba, he even havibg difficulty against Batang Pier last night sa Fiba pa kaya...
                                Last edited by sajubeads; 06-23-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information