Philippines at 2019 Fiba World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
    The full confirmed plan for tuneups, russian camp and twice a week practices starting from June. The 1 month full practice requested by Yeng will still be discussed.
    https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019...buildup-okayed
    Hmm, what's the point to start practices from June?

Comment

The full confirmed plan for tuneups, russian camp and twice a week practices starting from June. The 1 month full practice requested by Yeng will still be discussed.
      https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019...buildup-okayed
      Now that is fucked up.
      GILAS WISHLIST:
      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Tune ups with russia and spain
        SBP president Al Panlilio is deep in talks with European teams Russia and Spain for possible matches against Gilas Pilipinas.

Comment

Again, what's the point to fly to you to Russia or Spain? You have such a great chance to make friendlies in your country, invite teams you want and have great advantage without having any acclimatization issues other teams will have and you would travel to Europe? Such a wrong federation move

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            Again, what's the point to fly to you to Russia or Spain? You have such a great chance to make friendlies in your country, invite teams you want and have great advantage without having any acclimatization issues other teams will have and you would travel to Europe? Such a wrong federation move
            Don’t ask me man. I’m just a fan haha

Comment

Don’t ask me man. I’m just a fan haha
              Yeah mate, I know don't get me wrong, I'm just questioning your federation ideas. I mean we, Lithuania, were making the same mistakes before and it had horrible consequences

Comment

Yeah mate, I know don't get me wrong, I'm just questioning your federation ideas. I mean we, Lithuania, were making the same mistakes before and it had horrible consequences
                because of pro league PBA. around july the 2nd conference is ongoing and in playoffs.. now last i read, the talks is ongoing to allow the Team to prepare early about 1 month.. thus the SBP can’t plan full throttle about the preparation.
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Lithuania, do you think Sabonis, Valanciunas and fellow euroleague players can go far in the world cup?

Comment

Speaking of Lithuania, do you think Sabonis, Valanciunas and fellow euroleague players can go far in the world cup?
                    Hard to say now. We were drawn into very difficult group with Australia and Canada. Now none knows what kind of teams they will bring, Canada doesn't even has a coach yet. At worst we might not even qualify to next round, that's realistic if Can and Aus will come with best rosters, but if we will, we might go to PO. Too early to say

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      because of pro league PBA. around july the 2nd conference is ongoing and in playoffs.. now last i read, the talks is ongoing to allow the Team to prepare early about 1 month.. thus the SBP can’t plan full throttle about the preparation.
                      1 month a bit too little, ideal preparations would be around 6-7 weeks IMO. Few weeks for physical ones, few for tactical and basketball. Starting that early like in June would be too much, the same like going too late like just one month till competition

Comment

Too hot , the climate on the place that gilas will be playing in the 1st round would be around the same as what those tuneups would give us.

Comment

• Originally posted by deviant View Post
                          Too hot , the climate on the place that gilas will be playing in the 1st round would be around the same as what those tuneups would give us.
                          Makes sense. It would be ideal if Gilas plays in the Asian part of Russia (thus less travel), but I think the better Russian teams are in the European side.

Comment

• Beggars cant be choosers.

the russian and spanish trips likely will cost less to organize for the sbp. lots of fans would like to see gilas against foreign teams, but wont pay for Php1,000 and more advanced tickets for at least 10,000 seats. pobre nga, kahit pba live games cant afford nga.

Why? you cant even find a good neutralizer for a below-average center like fajardo, or even a slow tag-team of aguilar and slaughter. Di naman bobo paying fans; alam ng vast majority san miguel teams will win championships almost always as the lack of size of non-sanmig teams has reached ridiculous levels. if you can see bigs like fajardo being brutalized in live games by capable international-grade young bigs, say like sotto and edu, and fans will troop back to stadiums. midgets can only offer so much entertainment only.

watch the big ang physically dominant monsters work their magic in material games like the nba qfs, sfs, and finals. As the dubs coach kerr noticed, the game becomes different when linebackers go up against the gsw volleyball players. the teams' gladiators will always win the last vital ten games of nba championships.

the sbp can only sustain public support and private profitable financing of NT teams by arranging sponsored and live attendance by pitting the NTs against real NBA or NBA-grade teams. thousands of years ago, romans, aztecs and incas already knew gladiatorial games work best when the stakes are high.

unfortunately, even fiba is too incredibly stupid and incompetent. it cant raise murderously profitable commercial games like europeans do for high-profile european private football clubs. instead, you get total idiots like china-controlled hagop to run asian basketball. if fiba-asia allows all nt and club teams to source up to 5 "naturalized" capable 6'10 and above players, it will be shocked to find out that extra hundred millions fans will watch olympic and world baller tournaments because even teams like vietnam, indonesia, thailand and malaysia will become genuinely competitive. Fiba asia can then swim in money instead of mediocrity. fiba asia is too biased for china, and fiba itself is too biased for the usa in setting game competitiveness policy. besides, from a human rights POV, gifted players belong to teams and publics that genuinely appreciate them. birthplace should never be a fatal flaw for players. if the nba didnt internationalize player pools, it will have only ten or less profitable teams today.

Live game tickets are absolute, undeniable public support for major basketball games, not televised and youtube games or forum puso-puso shoutouts.

Magpayaman muna pilipinas din. Php1,000 per ticket per live game for 10,000 ass support for men's football and volleyball, and we'll be asian powers in these sports in 10 years. Sure-ball iyan at pwede mo nang iwanan ang mga kawawang koboy sa pba. puro kamaganak, kapitbahay, girlfriends at kaklase ng mga players lang nagtyatyaga sa live games.

besides, from the POV of NT players, they would much rather play against strangers than too old, or too familiar faces and too-slow, too-non-furious local baller styles.
                            Last edited by ccharmed; 05-09-2019, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Hard to say now. We were drawn into very difficult group with Australia and Canada. Now none knows what kind of teams they will bring, Canada doesn't even has a coach yet. At worst we might not even qualify to next round, that's realistic if Can and Aus will come with best rosters, but if we will, we might go to PO. Too early to say
                              We are in a group with Serbia, Italy and Angola:
                              The official website of FIBA, the International Basketball Federation, and the governing body of Basketball. FIBA organises the most famous and prestigious international basketball competitions including the FIBA Basketball World Cup, the FIBA World Championship for Women and the FIBA 3x3 World Tour. The website features live and on demand videos, basketball news, over 70,00 players profile and thousands of teams profiles, schedules and statistics of all FIBA Events as well as results and statistics from over 80 national basketball leagues.
                              Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
                                We are in a group with Serbia, Italy and Angola:
                                http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...up/2019/groups
                                The one you are replying to is a Lithuanian.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information