Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 24

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I see the barrage of ugly attacks on social media too. Why? He grew up with Fener before going to the US, he is an excellent character to the best of my knowledge. why the hate?
    I think the reason is his extra motivation when playing against Fenerbahçe. As a guy who can rival calathes at laying bricks, he even shoots with higher % vs FB.

this was the general reason. reason for the chants last night: the fans are angry with him for his unsportsmanlike move on sloukas during the last seconds of the cup final. it looked like he was trying to injure kostas.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

I see the barrage of ugly attacks on social media too. Why? He grew up with Fener before going to the US, he is an excellent character to the best of my knowledge. why the hate?
    He got in the garbage time of the cup final, made some fouls, one of which was tripping Sloukas, after which he laughed. I don't know if it was in bad faith, but that was pretty much the reason for targeting him in the EL game. I don't recall him being singled out before, targeted chants are usually about Ataman in Efes games.

Edit: I watched the replay. He tripped Sloukas (38 secs left), shoved him in the inbound play, and got another foul against him while trying to steal the ball. All under 20 seconds. Then he got ejected with 5 fouls. I don't what was the reason for those fouls, but fans have a reason to protest him.

https://youtu.be/GAvhbbtHI-I
    Last edited by vivo; 03-01-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I don't recall him being singled out before, targeted chants are usually about Ataman in Efes games.
    Fans gave him the göksenin treatment with classic "gerizekalı" chant.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Quote Originally Posted by drskull View Post
    Fans gave him the göksenin treatment with classic "gerizekalı" chant.
    I know. It's not very creative, I find "doping yapsana" or "mola alsana" against Ataman more creative and annoying for the target (better).
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Barcelona vs Real Madrid has been a quiet bad match. RM with his 5th worst game ever at EL (49 of PIR). By the way, our level of intensity was like we played a match with our friends, I cant understand this.

If we can't sign Sfairopoulos, we should at least sign Pedoulakis.

Fener doesn't like aggressive defenders, such as Göksenin Köksal, maybe because of that. Or maybe they don't like him because Fener raised him as a basketball player but he preferred to join Efes in 2011 right after returning from USA even though Fener had his rights (later he said Kerem Tunçeri affected his decision to choose Efes over Fener, Kerem is a GS origin player), and then he stayed there and become the current captain of Efes, not sure. But I think mostly because of him being an aggressive defender.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    ---2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    we must not resign sfairopulous. he is a good coach techinically. he showed he could change mta historical philosophy but he collapsed because of his soft character. he collapsed under pargo's personality even misconsidering his strong bball convicitions to let hi play. also, becauseof pargo, absolutely impossbile to forgive him to stop zoosman explotion when he was starting showing his talent and cutting diba minutes.
    so it would be a big error confirming sfair. trinchieri absolutely the first name . also bartzokas ivanovic perasovic de raffaele sacchetti are great coaches
    anyay pedoulakis is good coach

Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

He got in the garbage time of the cup final, made some fouls, one of which was tripping Sloukas, after which he laughed. I don't know if it was in bad faith, but that was pretty much the reason for targeting him in the EL game. I don't recall him being singled out before, targeted chants are usually about Ataman in Efes games.

Edit: I watched the replay. He tripped Sloukas (38 secs left), shoved him in the inbound play, and got another foul against him while trying to steal the ball. All under 20 seconds. Then he got ejected with 5 fouls. I don't what was the reason for those fouls, but fans have a reason to protest him.

thanks. he does indeed trip Sloukas there at 38sec. strange move, understandable protest during the game. the level of reaction on social media still is not logical. majority of people there are nuts anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Fener doesn't like aggressive defenders, such as Göksenin Köksal, maybe because of that. Or maybe they don't like him because Fener raised him as a basketball player but he preferred to join Efes in 2011 right after returning from USA even though Fener had his rights (later he said Kerem Tunçeri affected his decision to choose Efes over Fener, Kerem is a GS origin player), and then he stayed there and become the current captain of Efes, not sure. But I think mostly because of him being an aggressive defender.
    yeah, that much of hate comes with the style, like Mirsad had it. Can be extremely annoying, but gotta respect his game and passion. Dogus is a bit like that imho, quite different than Koksal, who is actively provocative towards fans. Rasim Basak was like that, more provocation than actual game.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Wow, what happened to ''Blatt's position is secure, no matter what happens this year'' ?
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---

Wow, what happened to ''Blatt's position is secure, no matter what happens this year'' ?
    He's being blamed for burying players he brought to the team (Timma and Toupane) and saying "I never thought of signing another player before the EL deadline" when he's lost Strelnieks and the team is struggling with its guards as well as missing a decent C because Bogris is a clown towel-waiver. It's not just this. I wrote yesterday that they have imploded. It's not just one thing. But many problems that won't be solved. We should sweep them in the finals. We are on the way up with Pitino.

True but have a massive crisis with non payments, Strelnieks out for 6 weeks, the Printezis audio recording that was spewed by a team mate which has created mistrust, Blatt burying his own purchases on the bench etc, etc. Zalgiris and Bayern are going to be very tricky. Buducnost are not easy away either.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

His position is secure, I just said what we should do.

It is my prediction that he was very angry with the team who didn't fight on 4th period. Only 38 second left on the quarter and team were only on 1 foul (it came just 30 seconds before). That's why he was too aggressive on Sloukas. It was not correct but it was a way of showing to the team as the captain how the character of the team should be.

I really respect Fenerbahce Beko especially Obradovic & Datome. What I can't stand is some Fenerbahce fans overreacting some moments happened during a game with instant reactions. I will show more respect if they can criticize Vesely, Kalinic, Sloukas (these three can misbehave sometimes) as they criticize (sometimes I do as well) Real Madrid players (Reyes, Rudy, Campazzo, Llull), Efes, GS and Dacka players.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    It is my prediction that he was very angry with the team who didn't fight on 4th period. Only 38 second left on the quarter and team were only on 1 foul (it came just 30 seconds before). That's why he was too aggressive on Sloukas. It was not correct but it was a way of showing to the team as the captain how the character of the team should be.

I really respect Fenerbahce Beko especially Obradovic & Datome. What I can't stand is some Fenerbahce fans overreacting some moments happened during a game with instant reactions. I will show more respect if they can criticize Vesely, Kalinic, Sloukas (these three can misbehave sometimes) as they criticize (sometimes I do as well) Real Madrid players (Reyes, Rudy, Campazzo, Llull), Efes, GS and Dacka players.
    If Dogus didnt do that shit, peeps would keep on not giving a duck for him. If he wanted to show his team something he could use Rodrique
    I'm fine with jan, nikola and kostas for most of the time, only Jan pisses me off sometimes with his idiotic avenge shit, altho he's a lot better in that sense this year. Fener fans are reactive and got a good memory, it's not götsenin or dogus özdemiroğlu, for example Landesberg will be booed forever too.
    Ataman is a different case, to me he's a clown that I sincerely want him to be successful this year, but we will never forget the cathinecup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Barcelona vs Real Madrid has been a quiet bad match. RM with his 5th worst game ever at EL (49 of PIR). By the way, our level of intensity was like we played a match with our friends, I cant understand this.
    It's very simple, because of current competition format. We have 30 rounds, we have RM with cemented HCA and Barcelona fighting for the 4th spot, and RM players had their friendly match, they didn't even try to grab a victory, simple, they don't need it, and Barcelona did.

With this stupid format, with 16 teams (next year 18), and f4, we will have more and more meaningless games, and rather some NBA regular season games for the very poor. And even NBA doesn't have f4, that's ridiculous in this format. If we have PO series till the very end, RM certainly would play much better, with much more fight for every ball. And now we have this, 3 clubs on top who fights for nothing, 5-6 clubs at bottom who fights for nothing, boring el classico because this match doesn't mean anything to RM players.

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    It's very simple, because of current competition format. We have 30 rounds, we have RM with cemented HCA and Barcelona fighting for the 4th spot, and RM players had their friendly match, they didn't even try to grab a victory, simple, they don't need it, and Barcelona did.

With this stupid format, with 16 teams (next year 18), and f4, we will have more and more meaningless games, and rather some NBA regular season games for the very poor. And even NBA doesn't have f4, that's ridiculous in this format. If we have PO series till the very end, RM certainly would play much better, with much more fight for every ball. And now we have this, 3 clubs on top who fights for nothing, 5-6 clubs at bottom who fights for nothing, boring el classico because this match doesn't mean anything to RM players.
    Whoever takes the first spot, that team can escape from matching with 2nd and 3rd in the semi-final in F4.

It's basically ; 1st vs. 4th, and 2nd vs. 3rd in the final four.

Which is why we matched with Zalgris on the previous year, despite Oly having the home court advantage as the 3rd team on the league Zalgris managed to defeat Oly in the playoffs. And we finished the league in the 2nd place and matched with them.

This year 3 teams are powerful like the last year, but the difference is all these 3 teams will finish the league at top 3. That's different than last year (because Madrid had problems with Llull's injury, they finished in the 5th place) and different than 2 years before (just like Madrid with Llull, Bogdanovic had an injury, and we finished the league in the 5th place). This year is different. Whoever takes the 1st spot, that team will avoid matching with the 2nd most powerful and 3rd most powerful team in the semi-finals. Which is why it's important to be the first team in the league.

Which team do you want to match with in the semi-final? Barça/Efes or CSKA/Madrid? Obviously the answer is clear.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL

if you have your eyes on the prize it does not matter which team you match in any of the rounds. you'll match with the best team at the final anyways. imo it is better to match with the stronger team at last 8 stage. no surprises, first to 3.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Quote Originally Posted by drskull View Post
    if you have your eyes on the prize it does not matter which team you match in any of the rounds. you'll match with the best team at the final anyways. imo it is better to match with the stronger team at last 8 stage. no surprises, first to 3.
    This have been a prayer of coaches, players, GMs for ages But in reality, of course you want to play vs weaker team, even if it's a bit weaker one. That decreases chances for surprise elimination. It's much easier to reach final or title, when you have easier road to it. Let other big guns kill each other on other side of the bracket and come wounded/tired to the final. I won't put Zalgiris into discussion, cause we are basically out, but i.e. I'd like Lithuanian NT in upcoming World Cup, where main goal is to qualify to Olympics, to go to final stages against as weak rivals as possible. No way I'd like to play us vs some France, Spain, Serbia, let alone USA, earlier than some semi, when you can't escape it what so ever

real not wanting a barca win, kewl storey brutha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast