Olympiacos forfeited game vs PAO in the Greek Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
    Almost everybody here criticized severely DPG for his stupid tantrums about EL mafia, refs, Jordi, leaving the EL etc. Pao fans were embarrassed, Oly fans were happy about the new lows that the club hit everyday, and third parties were in a mix of amused/baffled by that insane person.

It’s just a shame that now that Aggelopouloi are doing the same thing for the Greek league, some Oly fans here side with that behavior and don’t recognize the similarities of the absurdity.
    I'd say that I have also observed the asymmetry

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
      I'd say that I have also observed the asymmetry
      Right? Like, how are you guys so oblivious to this simple observation?
      3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

We disagree in a simple thing..you guys think we play the ref card as an excuse..we think that continuous strange calls are biased..just let us have an opinion and dont call us dumbass followers.. Oly was awful yesterday but the same shit happens when oly is better..

Comment

Almost everybody here criticized severely DPG for his stupid tantrums about EL mafia, refs, Jordi, leaving the EL etc. Pao fans were embarrassed, Oly fans were happy about the new lows that the club hit everyday, and third parties were in a mix of amused/baffled by that insane person.

It’s just a shame that now that Aggelopouloi are doing the same thing for the Greek league, some Oly fans here side with that behavior and don’t recognize the similarities of the absurdity.
          There are no similarities, pao is a terrible team talking about imaginary enemies, this same terrible team transforms to the bad boy pistons in Greece while Oly is in danger of having everyone foul out.

People that don't see that are either blind or morons as I said. No other option.

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
            There is an agreed protocol by all teams of the league.

This shouldnt change half way through the season because it doesnt suit Oly and becaue they are throwing all their toys out of the cot.
            I hope so. We just need to end this domestic nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
              I hope so. We just need to end this domestic nonsense.
              You do you man. Your opinions and reasoning capabilities are known in this forum.

It’s all good.

Comment

can someone post a video of the first half so that we nongreeks not be so greek to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose Is God View Post
                  can someone post a video of the first half so that we nongreeks not be so greek to this?
                  It's on YouTube. All three foul calls called on first possession of the game were all ticky tack calls. In my opinion the third was the worst. With that tight of a whistle you can foul out an entire team in a half. I just can't agree with the taking your ball and going home action.
                  Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                    It's on YouTube. All three foul calls called on first possession of the game were all ticky tack calls. In my opinion the third was the worst. With that tight of a whistle you can foul out an entire team in a half. I just can't agree with the taking your ball and going home action.
                    The thing is that you can’t extrapolate like that :P If that was the case, we would play 10 minutes and then multiply everything by 4 :P

Comment

It doesn't matter if the refereeing was good or it seemed to be biased. Such things happen all the time in EL too. In the po last season, the refs in SEF seemed to favor Oly for example. Refs are an unpredictable factor but in the end, the best team wins anyway.

Imo PAO was playing much better than Oly which was underperforming for its standards, perhaps due to their financial problems. Even if the refs did not favor at all the home team (as they use to do always and everywhere) PAO was the better team in the court and oly fans know it. Instead of searching the reasons for the awful performance of Oly, the owners and their hardcore fans are searching for excuses. Very convenient.

Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG. I remember them, some time ago, threatening the federation that they would not allow their players to play with the national team. Imo, serious fans of the sport should condemn their stupid theatricals of both sides, no matter what club they support.
                      Last edited by Adon; 02-15-2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                        It doesn't matter if the refereeing was good or it seemed to be biased. Such things happen all the time in EL too. In the po last season, the refs in SEF seemed to favor Oly for example. Refs are an unpredictable factor but in the end, the best team wins anyway.

Imo PAO was playing much better than Oly which was underperforming for its standards, perhaps due to their financial problems. Even if the refs did not favor at all the home team (as they use to do always and everywhere) PAO was the better team in the court and oly fans know it. Instead of searching the reasons for the awful performance of Oly, the owners and their hardcore fans are searching for excuses. Very convenient.

Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG. I remember them, some time ago, threatening the federation that they would not allow their players to play with the national team. Imo, serious fans of the sport should condemn their stupid theatricals of both sides, no matter what club they support.
                        Saying that Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG is so wrong.
                        First of all let me tell you that I m an Oly fan, who has stopped watching football the last 15 years. I dont like Marinakis or Kokalis tactics at all. So certainly I m not a fan who wears "red glasses".

What I see in basketball is that DPG and his family (in the past) are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that oly was doing in football. Its like there is only PAO and noone else in basketball. EOK's president is a PAO supporter, and all the system is built on supporting pao.
                        Olympiacos has asked 16 times for random referees. Not one, not two , but 16 times. Each time same and same referees. Yes, our players had the option to come back and play. But why? we have done that in the past, what changed? Do you know how I m feeling? its easy... its the same feeling you have for football. exactly the same. Look at the fans. Oly fans enter the court in Basketball. Remember pao fans entering the pitch with full face in football? Leoforos?

About the game, referees were so bad. I have heard excuses like
                        "players were not paid"... --> players wouldnt have come to play if that was the problem and its not PAO business especially DPG
                        oly was shooting only 3s with airballs --> yes because when players like Leday on their first touch is stopped with a non call smackdown, then how can they approach the basket?
                        oly was not playing defense ---> with 3 fouls on the first 30 secs, no you cant play the same lvl defense as your opponent plays.
                        oly had many mistakes ---> you cant stay calm, and most of the mistakes were at the end of the 2nd quarter. Besides Pao would have more mistakes too if referees had seen Papapetrou travelling, Papaggiannis double dribble etc, and if also olympiacos could press at the same level.

And the worst of all, is that most of the PAO and not only, fans, accept that the referees were paid but they are happy because of football. I dont give a shit to football, this is basketball.

Comment

You seem to be (conveniently) forgetting though that Oly in soccer has won something like 21 championships in the past 24 years.

Since DPG took over I think Panathinaikos has one more championship than Oly. I completely fail to see the unfairness that you talk about. Unless you are used to winning everything all the time, I can’t see how DPG controls the league, but fails almost half of the time.

Comment

You seem to be (conveniently) forgetting though that Oly in soccer has won something like 21 championships in the past 24 years.

Since DPG took over I think Panathinaikos has one more championship than Oly. I completely fail to see the unfairness that you talk about. Unless you are used to winning everything all the time, I can’t see how DPG controls the league, but fails almost half of the time.

Since DPG took over, olympiakos is having its best period, with euroleague trophies, and F4's while on the other hand, pao is struggling, and has forgotten what a f4 is...
                            So its easy to understand how DPG failed half of the time (even so pao has won 1 more championship and almost all the cups). And i m not even speaking about the period since Aggelopoyloi took over... The numbers then are incredibly worse for oly.

Comment

Originally posted by samth8 View Post
                              Saying that Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG is so wrong.
                              Agreed, it was an exaggeration. DPG is a singular point, none can compare to him because he is a clown. But Aggelopoulos bross are just as unsportsmanlike as DPG and they give their own bad performance to their hardcore fans. If you are satisfied with them and you can't see the similarities with DPG ...

First of all let me tell you that I m an Oly fan, who has stopped watching football the last 15 years. I dont like Marinakis or Kokalis tactics at all. So certainly I m not a fan who wears "red glasses".
                              I don't like football. I've heard about "paraga" without having any personal opinion. I don't care really because I find football boring. Just for the record, I support PAO since Galis came to Athens. Before that, I was supporting Aris and PAOK, mainly in Europe.

What I see in basketball is that DPG and his family (in the past) are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that oly was doing in football. Its like there is only PAO and noone else in basketball. EOK's president is a PAO supporter, and all the system is built on supporting pao.
                              Olympiacos has asked 16 times for random referees. Not one, not two , but 16 times. Each time same and same referees. Yes, our players had the option to come back and play. But why? we have done that in the past, what changed? Do you know how I m feeling? its easy... its the same feeling you have for football. exactly the same. Look at the fans. Oly fans enter the court in Basketball. Remember pao fans entering the pitch with full face in football? Leoforos?
                              How many titles (and when) do you think OLY lost due to refereeing? What happened last year for instance?

About the game, referees were so bad. I have heard excuses like
                              "players were not paid"... --> players wouldnt have come to play if that was the problem and its not PAO business especially DPG
                              oly was shooting only 3s with airballs --> yes because when players like Leday on their first touch is stopped with a non call smackdown, then how can they approach the basket?
                              oly was not playing defense ---> with 3 fouls on the first 30 secs, no you cant play the same lvl defense as your opponent plays.
                              oly had many mistakes ---> you cant stay calm, and most of the mistakes were at the end of the 2nd quarter. Besides Pao would have more mistakes too if referees had seen Papapetrou travelling, Papaggiannis double dribble etc, and if also olympiacos could press at the same level.

And the worst of all, is that most of the PAO and not only, fans, accept that the referees were paid but they are happy because of football. I dont give a shit to football, this is basketball.
                              Only the red fans believe that. Pao fans just laugh with them.
                              Don't forget that low performance is a form of protest. Otherwise, the situation becomes complicated and there is a clash. Do you think it's not a possible explanation?

Do you think that DPG acted well last season when he (and many pao fans) believed that EL (btw they never choose randomly the refs) was biased against his team? It's a matter of principals. Do you like such tactics or not?

Comment

Since DPG took over, olympiakos is having its best period, with euroleague trophies, and F4's while on the other hand, pao is struggling, and has forgotten what a f4 is...
                                So its easy to understand how DPG failed half of the time (even so pao has won 1 more championship and almost all the cups). And i m not even speaking about the period since Aggelopoyloi took over... The numbers then are incredibly worse for oly.
                                So your opinion is that you won despite the refs being against you. Oh my... :P

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information