Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympiacos forfeited game vs PAO in the Greek Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    It doesn't matter if the refereeing was good or it seemed to be biased. Such things happen all the time in EL too. In the po last season, the refs in SEF seemed to favor Oly for example. Refs are an unpredictable factor but in the end, the best team wins anyway.

Imo PAO was playing much better than Oly which was underperforming for its standards, perhaps due to their financial problems. Even if the refs did not favor at all the home team (as they use to do always and everywhere) PAO was the better team in the court and oly fans know it. Instead of searching the reasons for the awful performance of Oly, the owners and their hardcore fans are searching for excuses. Very convenient.

Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG. I remember them, some time ago, threatening the federation that they would not allow their players to play with the national team. Imo, serious fans of the sport should condemn their stupid theatricals of both sides, no matter what club they support.
    Saying that Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG is so wrong.
    First of all let me tell you that I m an Oly fan, who has stopped watching football the last 15 years. I dont like Marinakis or Kokalis tactics at all. So certainly I m not a fan who wears "red glasses".

What I see in basketball is that DPG and his family (in the past) are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that oly was doing in football. Its like there is only PAO and noone else in basketball. EOK's president is a PAO supporter, and all the system is built on supporting pao.
    Olympiacos has asked 16 times for random referees. Not one, not two , but 16 times. Each time same and same referees. Yes, our players had the option to come back and play. But why? we have done that in the past, what changed? Do you know how I m feeling? its easy... its the same feeling you have for football. exactly the same. Look at the fans. Oly fans enter the court in Basketball. Remember pao fans entering the pitch with full face in football? Leoforos?

About the game, referees were so bad. I have heard excuses like
    "players were not paid"... --> players wouldnt have come to play if that was the problem and its not PAO business especially DPG
    oly was shooting only 3s with airballs --> yes because when players like Leday on their first touch is stopped with a non call smackdown, then how can they approach the basket?
    oly was not playing defense ---> with 3 fouls on the first 30 secs, no you cant play the same lvl defense as your opponent plays.
    oly had many mistakes ---> you cant stay calm, and most of the mistakes were at the end of the 2nd quarter. Besides Pao would have more mistakes too if referees had seen Papapetrou travelling, Papaggiannis double dribble etc, and if also olympiacos could press at the same level.

And the worst of all, is that most of the PAO and not only, fans, accept that the referees were paid but they are happy because of football. I dont give a shit to football, this is basketball.

You seem to be (conveniently) forgetting though that Oly in soccer has won something like 21 championships in the past 24 years.

Since DPG took over I think Panathinaikos has one more championship than Oly. I completely fail to see the unfairness that you talk about. Unless you are used to winning everything all the time, I can’t see how DPG controls the league, but fails almost half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    You seem to be (conveniently) forgetting though that Oly in soccer has won something like 21 championships in the past 24 years.

Since DPG took over I think Panathinaikos has one more championship than Oly. I completely fail to see the unfairness that you talk about. Unless you are used to winning everything all the time, I can’t see how DPG controls the league, but fails almost half of the time.

Since DPG took over, olympiakos is having its best period, with euroleague trophies, and F4's while on the other hand, pao is struggling, and has forgotten what a f4 is...
    So its easy to understand how DPG failed half of the time (even so pao has won 1 more championship and almost all the cups). And i m not even speaking about the period since Aggelopoyloi took over... The numbers then are incredibly worse for oly.

Quote Originally Posted by samth8 View Post
    Saying that Oly owners are the same plague for the sport as DPG is so wrong.
    Agreed, it was an exaggeration. DPG is a singular point, none can compare to him because he is a clown. But Aggelopoulos bross are just as unsportsmanlike as DPG and they give their own bad performance to their hardcore fans. If you are satisfied with them and you can't see the similarities with DPG ...

First of all let me tell you that I m an Oly fan, who has stopped watching football the last 15 years. I dont like Marinakis or Kokalis tactics at all. So certainly I m not a fan who wears "red glasses".
    I don't like football. I've heard about "paraga" without having any personal opinion. I don't care really because I find football boring. Just for the record, I support PAO since Galis came to Athens. Before that, I was supporting Aris and PAOK, mainly in Europe.

What I see in basketball is that DPG and his family (in the past) are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that oly was doing in football. Its like there is only PAO and noone else in basketball. EOK's president is a PAO supporter, and all the system is built on supporting pao.
    Olympiacos has asked 16 times for random referees. Not one, not two , but 16 times. Each time same and same referees. Yes, our players had the option to come back and play. But why? we have done that in the past, what changed? Do you know how I m feeling? its easy... its the same feeling you have for football. exactly the same. Look at the fans. Oly fans enter the court in Basketball. Remember pao fans entering the pitch with full face in football? Leoforos?
    How many titles (and when) do you think OLY lost due to refereeing? What happened last year for instance?

About the game, referees were so bad. I have heard excuses like
    "players were not paid"... --> players wouldnt have come to play if that was the problem and its not PAO business especially DPG
    oly was shooting only 3s with airballs --> yes because when players like Leday on their first touch is stopped with a non call smackdown, then how can they approach the basket?
    oly was not playing defense ---> with 3 fouls on the first 30 secs, no you cant play the same lvl defense as your opponent plays.
    oly had many mistakes ---> you cant stay calm, and most of the mistakes were at the end of the 2nd quarter. Besides Pao would have more mistakes too if referees had seen Papapetrou travelling, Papaggiannis double dribble etc, and if also olympiacos could press at the same level.

And the worst of all, is that most of the PAO and not only, fans, accept that the referees were paid but they are happy because of football. I dont give a shit to football, this is basketball.
    Only the red fans believe that. Pao fans just laugh with them.
    Don't forget that low performance is a form of protest. Otherwise, the situation becomes complicated and there is a clash. Do you think it's not a possible explanation?

Do you think that DPG acted well last season when he (and many pao fans) believed that EL (btw they never choose randomly the refs) was biased against his team? It's a matter of principals. Do you like such tactics or not?

Since DPG took over, olympiakos is having its best period, with euroleague trophies, and F4's while on the other hand, pao is struggling, and has forgotten what a f4 is...
    So its easy to understand how DPG failed half of the time (even so pao has won 1 more championship and almost all the cups). And i m not even speaking about the period since Aggelopoyloi took over... The numbers then are incredibly worse for oly.
    So your opinion is that you won despite the refs being against you. Oh my... :P

You ( the rest of the teams and fans of Euroleague ) have to tolerate dpg and his actions for 2-5 games maximum per year ( 2 games in the regular, and 3 games in the playoffs ). And this, in Euroleague, where he has little or no power to pull the strings.

We have to tolerate him for a whole domestic season, and this in Greece, where he is basically untouched for his behaviour and his control over the domestic bball institutions is total.

So, spare us please. If you thinks Oly acted irresponsibly, feel free to take his place now that he will probably decide to abandon the league and enjoy your time with pao-opap and dpg.

We wish you all the best.

We should all sympathize with olympiakos fans. They learned to "win by any means" in football for the last 20 years and 50-50 seems like they get bullied by the referees. The fact about this match is that they were gonna lose by 30+points and their fans would have waited them to return and maybe fight them like many times in the past (last time was 2014 when they lost the cup semifinal against us).

Nobody in greece cares about them and every greek will be happy to see them relegated if they dont come out to play mext time against us. And they will be relegated cause thats what the law says.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Heavy but justified punishment handed out by the Sports Judge. -6 points from the A1 league.

If they do it again, they will be automatically relegated.

Let's see if they have the balls to continue their cause until the very end.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post

Let's see if they have the balls to continue their cause until the very end.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Langford's greco-roman defence on LeDay was the highlight for me. And to think there are people, posing as objective and knowledgeable, saying pao was ahead because they 'wanted it more'.
    I think they're worse than DPG who is a known nutcase because they're equally crazy but better at hiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Langford's greco-roman defence on LeDay was the highlight for me. And to think there are people, posing as objective and knowledgeable, saying pao was ahead because they 'wanted it more'.
    I think they're worse than DPG who is a known nutcase because they're equally crazy but better at hiding it.
    Oh, a video with isolated plays. How original. I know of other failed presidents that do these kinds of things. Hint-no-so-hint: Alafouzos.

It is insane how you guys feel justified to support this narrative. As I said, Oly has one less championship than PAO since DPG took over. 4-3. Including back to back 2-3 years ago. He is really not successful if he is actually trying to pull strings. But yes, I know, you should have gotten all 7 and actually the ones you got where against the referees :P

There videos with Maccabi being charged 4 fouls in 30secs against Oly. I didn’t see any conspiracies surfacing there. What about the game with Barca, where 6 points were scored in a period? Did the refs play their part?

Oly fans say that they do better in Europe so this should be reflected in the Greek league, but they forget that they were ALSO whining when PAO had a great team that was winning the EL cup every other year.

You guys are only satisfied when you win constantly. It’s strange how you feel that you are entitled to this. I don’t want to say that is because of the many years of soccer awfulness because I really hold basketball fans higher than this but you are not giving me many options here.

theodore_roberts_instagram.jpg

No foul called. Oly win by 1 point and get 3rd spot instead of 4th last year.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Oh, a video with isolated plays. How original.
    Some crazy comments by a guy posing as objective. So original.

ABA league, here we come.

So many away trips! Do you have enough money for those extra expenses AND for your electric bill?

Oh a personal attack. Nice touch.

Spanoulis ded
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Oh, a video with isolated plays. How original.
    Not saying anything about the plays themselves, how original.

Let’s see. Quick mostly nonexistent fouls given from the start of the game to convey the message, check. Obvious fouls not given and wresling allowed to one side against ghost fouls given to the other side, check. Goaltending not called, check. Traveling resulting in goal foul for one side, against non existent traveling called for the other side, check. Random Pao center transformed to Shaquille O’Neal in defense against the best center in the league transformed to trash, check. Technical foul without hesitation/ warning in the first instance, check.

Same story again and again. Let me ask you something else. Do you think it’s all ok if the same refs that Oly don’t want in their games and have complained about numerous times are continuously appointed in our games? Do you think it’s a coincidence that all three notoriously known worst refs for Oly have been appointed to this specific game that dpg is “advertising” and speaking about for more than a month? Do you think it’s all ok if the only Euroleague Greek refs are banned?

Of course it’s not ok, you just don’t want to see and/or speak the truth.

P.S. All Olympiacos fans are 100% in for this and no one cares about consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Not saying anything about the plays themselves, how original.

Let’s see. Quick mostly nonexistent fouls given from the start of the game to convey the message, check. Obvious fouls not given and wresling allowed to one side against ghost fouls given to the other side, check. Goaltending not called, check. Traveling resulting in goal foul for one side, against non existent traveling called for the other side, check. Random Pao center transformed to Shaquille O’Neal in defense against the best center in the league transformed to trash, check. Technical foul without hesitation/ warning in the first instance, check.

Same story again and again. Let me ask you something else. Do you think it’s all ok if the same refs that Oly don’t want in their games and have complained about numerous times are continuously appointed in our games? Do you think it’s a coincidence that all three notoriously known worst refs for Oly have been appointed to this specific game that dpg is “advertising” and speaking about for more than a month? Do you think it’s all ok if the only Euroleague Greek refs are banned?

Of course it’s not ok, you just don’t want to see and/or speak the truth.

P.S. All Olympiacos fans are 100% in for this and no one cares about consequences.
    I would I ever pay attention in a video like that when 2 posts above I explained how it's a tactic of a failed organization? Which was the team that I support by the way.

I will answer your questions because I do speak the truth, mostly due to the fact that I have no reason not to. Luckily I have enough education and a nice life to not consider my team the pinnacle of my success. My day won't be ruined just because Pao lost, there are more important things.
    Honestly, I love the game of basketball and I wish that both Pao and Oly have strong teams. If time permits, I come to Greece during the F4 period and we will have bbq with my Oly friends, and watch the games together, independent of who plays. I was happy when Oly won in 2012/2013 as the complete underdog. In addition, having strong teams, means epic finals series like the ones won with Span's three pointers. I accept defeat by a better team any day.

To your questions: Keep in mind that everything I say about Oly, would be the same exact thing if it was Pao in this situation.
    A league shouldn't care about which refs a team wants. Playing the devil's advocate, why wouldn't I be suspicious of the refs that they actually want? There is a pool of refs and they get appointed to games depending on their experience and skill. The distribution of difficulty on league games is not uniform, so we can't actually have random assignment of refs. Oly-Pao can't be officiated by a rookie that just got promoted to A1.

You appear to have the conviction that I support DPG. I'll just get this out of the way by saying that my honest opinion about him is that he is a junkie, a gangster, a fascist piece of shit whose views on politics, religion, and tradition disgust me. Furthermore, he has singlehandedly transformed one of the greatest teams in Europe, into a mediocre (at best) bunch and made the whole European basketball world laugh at us with his bullshit. So, it's not that I actually want to support the guy. I will call him out on his shenanigans. I do believe that Aggelopouloi are not as bad, but nonetheless I think of them as spoiled, rich brats that get upset that they don't get the toy that they want.

When DPG waged his war against the EL due to poor officiating, there were many (some?) Pao members in this forum that were not phased by his bullshit. Instead of finding ground to blame somebody else, (something easily done, especially using videos with isolated plays), we could see how our team is not in shape to compete with the top teams of the league. We chose to take a good hard look at our team and ask if we have done everything properly. And the answer is no. We knew exactly who to blame too. The person that dropped the budget, and made some very questionable choices regarding the roster. We don't actually deserve to be in the F4, we don't have the money, or the players, or the coach to compete against CSKA/Real/Fener and the rest. Before we start blaming outside factors, we want to make sure that our team is doing the absolute best. We will admit defeat. It's sports, someone will be the winner, someone will lose. It's just a game.
    (Yes, the idiots on DPG's insta are not like that. I never said I liked those guys. I am talking about a portion of people here, and I am not suggesting that are a sufficient sample of "Pao fans" population.)

I will ask you if you think that it's a coincidence that although Oly could have left a game and make an actual string statement (a game they they were winning for example), they chose to leave the game right after Printezis' recording about money became public. It looks more of a diversion to me.

To answer your last question, I do believe that it's unacceptable that greek EL refs are suspended from the greek league but I think that this has to do with the FIBA-EL issue, and nothing to do with Pao.
    Last edited by paspalj; 02-16-2019 at 11:43 PM.

I never said you are dpg supporter, but you are still not seeing it. I agree with you that its just a game, have a good night.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast