Olympiacos forfeited game vs PAO in the Greek Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adon View Post
    You spoke like a real red sheep. At least, you are a good soldier.

As for this forum, anyone knows the objectivity of your comments and the constant whining about the refs in almost any case when your team loses. This is as official as it can get after the shameful act of your presidents, yesterday. Congrats.
    you are a sheep when you tolerate fixed 100-0 referring in Oaka..and i am not a soldier..i just say what i see..i even admit the 100-0 referring in favour of oly in football..

Comment

What are the Olympiakos players saying ? They have to be disgusted. These guys have been competing since they can walk in order to reach the level they are at. There’s no way that can sit well with them.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

when refs make questionable decisions or fans go nuts, this kind of stuff happens in TBL time to time but players always come back to court after a few minutes (as a message). If there is another reason teams don't show up at court on gameday at all, like Galatasaray did 5 years ago.

DPG's comments (oly being in some kind of turmoil) about the forfeit are worth considering as a possible reason.
        Last edited by drskull; 02-14-2019, 01:40 PM.
        sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

It’s sad to see such reactions from some Oly fans. Ok on the other hand there are always dumbass followers in every team. Take the people that worship DPG for example.

As I said, they had a great opportunity to expose “the mafia” by playing hard and make the refs embarrass themselves by bogus calls. Instead, they decide that 3 fouls are a reason for forfeiting, while 2 of them are on Timma by the way, the worst player on the court. The left after trailing for 15, with stats like 2 assists and 12 turnovers.

It reminds me of DPG whining about refs in EL, when he can’t see that the reason for all our failure is him and his stupid fucking decisions.

Oh, by the way, just because you think you are not a blind follower, a sheep or whatever, doesn’t mean you are correct. Actions and opinions will judge that.
          3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

There were many bogus calls and non-calls in each possession. It was the most disgusting thing my eyes have seen and anyone who denies it is either blind or a moron. The idea that the players should spend another half risking injuries in a fixed game is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              What are the Olympiakos players saying ? They have to be disgusted. These guys have been competing since they can walk in order to reach the level they are at. There’s no way that can sit well with them.

They are employees, they will do as instructed. You can’t be vocal against your teams decisions like players in the NBA are.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post

As I said, they had a great opportunity to expose “the mafia” by playing hard and make the refs embarrass themselves by bogus calls. .
                Ideally that would be the best response but it’s easier said than done once you become demoralized.
                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

If Oly has balls they should revoke participation from the Greek league. Pull out. Only this would justify their tantrum yesterday. Otherwise it's just a firecracker.

Of course it would mean that next season they start from Division 6 of Greek Basketball.

Their punishment for yesterday will be 1 point deduction from the A1 league pretty much guaranteeing PAO the play off home court advantage.

PS Yeah..leaving women's underwear on the Oly bench is disrespectful. Not as disrespectful though as giving courtside passes to known Oly hooligans to verbally abuse and spit on the PAO president or even to have flares shot at the PAO team with your blessings when we visit the SEF.
                  Last edited by EverGreen; 02-14-2019, 07:24 PM.
                  Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                  Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                    here is what Eurohoops says (By Antonis Stroggylakis):

Olympiacos decided to not return for the second half of the Greek Cup semifinal against Panathinaikos OPAP.

After trailing 40-25 at the break of the Greek semifinal game which started with Olympiacos players getting called with three fouls in the first 28 seconds, the Reds decided to forfeit the game and not play in the second half.

Panathinaikos won the game with the final score being 20-0 according to FIBA rules and will play in the Greek Cup final against PAOK.

Olympiacos decided to proceed with the protest despite the possible sanctions for the team for leaving the game.

Olympiacos GM Christos Stavropoulos said on live television: “We are disgusted. We can’t participate in this farce. We can take it any more, the sports authorities should do something.”

Panathinaikos owner Dimitris Giannakopoulos also spoke on the matter: “It was something already planned. It seems that they cannot pay their players, they threw the towel and now they say that they don’t like the refs. Maybe the Aggelopoulos family wants to leave Olympiacos and to blame us and the refs. It’s unacceptable. You lose, or win on the court.”

Panathinaikos coach Rick Pitino who never had seen anything like that in his long career added: “I am very disappointed, I don’t want to see anything like this happening. We went to Olympiacos (ed.note: in the EuroLeague regular season) and we got our butts kicked. We are very disappointed that the game didn’t finish. I understand the rivalry with Olympiacos, but the game is bigger. I have a lot of respect for Olympiacos players and coach. I am very disappointed as a coach of 43 years. I don’t like the message it sends.”

When all was said and done, Giannakopoulos left a woman’s underwear on the empty Olympiacos’ bench.
                    in short:
                    Olympiacos decided to not return for the second half of the Greek Cup semifinal against Panathinaikos OPAP After trailing 40-25.

The question is would they do the same if they lead 40-25 while dissatisfied with the referee ???

The ohter thing is as professional team playing infront of audience that paid for the a game (I guess it was not free) you can not leave in the middle of a game. I hope the people get there money back as there was no serious reason like security to not get for what they paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Demetrios I. Soter
                      The question is would they do the same if they lead 40-25 while dissatisfied with the referee ???
                      What a stupid question. The dream team wouldn't lead against your local high-school team with 40-25 with that refereeing.

As I expected the ownership didn't outright say they're leaving greek competitions as they should have.
                      However the team won't play a game when any of the 3 referees from yesterday's game is there and won't play against pao unless there are foreign referees.
                      So now we must count on the greek federation not chickeking out and appointing the same referees for all our games.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                        So now we must count on the greek federation not chickeking out and appointing the same referees for all our games.
                        There is an agreed protocol by all teams of the league.

This shouldnt change half way through the season because it doesnt suit Oly and becaue they are throwing all their toys out of the cot.

Comment

This is Oly not getting their way.

Comment

Almost everybody here criticized severely DPG for his stupid tantrums about EL mafia, refs, Jordi, leaving the EL etc. Pao fans were embarrassed, Oly fans were happy about the new lows that the club hit everyday, and third parties were in a mix of amused/baffled by that insane person.

It’s just a shame that now that Aggelopouloi are doing the same thing for the Greek league, some Oly fans here side with that behavior and don’t recognize the similarities of the absurdity.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                              They are employees, they will do as instructed. You can’t be vocal against your teams decisions like players in the NBA are.
                              Employees who allegedly haven't been paid since September. I'd say the Olympiacos players are likely to be asking "Where's our money?"

Comment

Originally posted by childress67 View Post
                                you are a sheep when you tolerate fixed 100-0 referring in Oaka..and i am not a soldier..i just say what i see..i even admit the 100-0 referring in favour of oly in football..

Strange answer since I was not referring to you.

I am the kind of "sheep" which NEVER plays the ref-card when my team loses.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information