Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Olympiacos forfeited game vs PAO in the Greek Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Well, I am sure that greek refs are way better than spanish ones. In Spain, you can block heads and rebounds are called illegal blocks. Imagine a PAO vs Oly with that ending...
    To be honest Randolph made obvious foul few seconds before, which would have probably ended the match if it was called. Barca would have been complaining with equal rights, if they had lost the game. Referees were just awful.

The strange thing in this illegal block by Randolph is, that they have watched replay. I don’t understand how 3 referees don’t understand the rules. I don’t believe they intentionally helped Barca, they were just incredible bad. They should be banned for months and then send to lower competition.
    previously known as Beno

olympiakos is complaining about a referee called anastopoulos that gave them their last championship at 2016 finals allowing spanoulis to travel 4 times during his buzzer beater. they asked him later why he didnt call the travel and his explanation is as ridiculous as aggelopouloi brothers complaints. he said he was watching his hands and not his feet.

what people outside greece dont know is that olympiakos fans were favoured in football for 20 years and their presidents have made statements that they want "wins by any means". any means,means poisoning enemy teams (csska 1995), non calls (greek finals last possesion at the 5th greek league final sok was fouled by sigalas and nothing was called), travels etc.

ps.when everyone told them about refereeing in football,olympiakos said "make a team that will win even against the referees". it sounds so funny bringing that statement in discussion and hearing them crying
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Real and Efes complaining about a game or two? This has nothing to do with the situation in Greece my friends, don't get confused.
    you are right. unlike greek basketball clubs which has strong ties with their football counterparts, turkish basketball clubs are mostly corporate clubs or municipal/local authority clubs lacking fan base. we don't see football grudges or problems effecting basketball that much. If we were to compare the Pao vs Oly situation we had to have something like FB vs GS on other hands.

criticizations and outbursts like Ataman did are mostly caused by the fact that Efes having no fan support and being vulnerable to biased refereeing when they play against big clubs (not big bball clubs necessarily, big Turkish clubs,the big 3). 2 years ago Efes owner Özilhan took the team off the court during a play off match against Beşiktaş. And they were right, the refs were butchering them. I can fairly say that Beşiktaş was favored by refs that year. But Efes only complains when they play against us, Beşiktaş or Galatasaray...teams with fan support. They are dead silent when they play against other lesser corporate clubs.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

I can't understand what football has to do with this discussion.

The most disappointing is that the vast majority of oly fans is aligned with the shameful act of the owners. So it seems from what I see on the internet. Sadly, they are followers of the club and not fans of the sport unless they win. I remember ALL oly fans underrating bb when PAO was unbeatable , a decade or more ago.
    Times have changed but the mentality remains the same. They cursed Real when they were beaten in semifinals 2016 (2017?), they accused the refs when they had lost vs Fener, they have never said a word when mistakes of the refereeing were in their favor, especially when refs let them play their wrestling/boxing defence (their specialty) Countless examples.

Their administration has created an army of unsportsmanlike fans who don't know how to lose gracefully. I suppose anyone in this forum can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I can't understand what football has to do with this discussion.
    This is an important point. Just because Oly has had a specific bad rep in football, we shouldn't compare (bball owners) Aggelopouloi with actual criminals like (football owner) Marinakis and (former football owner) Kokkalis. They are 100% different cases.

Their administration has created an army of unsportsmanlike fans who don't know how to lose gracefully. I suppose anyone in this forum can see that.
    This, I don't believe. I want to believe that it's the disappointed people that will be more vocal.

That being said, it's funny how some Oly fans will complain that Pao wins domestic titles while Oly performs better in Europe (so they make the assumption that the greek league is rigged) but when Pao had one of the most dominant teams in Europe, they would still complain when they lost domestic competitions

It is funny but the other way around. When we complained and pao was not a mediocre team like today in Euroleague, but a f4 team, the greens said that ''we are big in Euroleague too, so you shouldn't complain about us winning the titles in Greece''. But now they aren't a f4 team. They are pretty bad actually. But they keep ''winning'' the titles. That's indeed funny.

As long as pao-opap has dpg as it's owner, and as long as he continues to have the support of the majority of the club's fans, there is no middle ground and nothing to discuss with them.

Either the greek bball will change completely, with people like Galis and Giannakis taking charge of the federation and foreign referees replacing the current heads of the referees for at least some years, or we are done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nireus View Post
    It is funny but the other way around. When we complained and pao was not a mediocre team like today in Euroleague, but a f4 team, the greens said that ''we are big in Euroleague too, so you shouldn't complain about us winning the titles in Greece''. But now they aren't a f4 team. They are pretty bad actually. But they keep ''winning'' the titles. That's indeed funny.

As long as pao-opap has dpg as it's owner, and as long as he continues to have the support of the majority of the club's fans, there is no middle ground and nothing to discuss with them.

Either the greek bball will change completely, with people like Galis and Giannakis taking charge of the federation and foreign referees replacing the current heads of the referees for at least some years, or we are done with it.
    Uhm, I think you are confused.
    So, Oly complained about refs when Pao was doing better in EL while also winning the Greek league.
    Now, Oly is doing better in the EL, so they feel entitled to complaining?

Oh man, I really don't want to believe Adon but you guys are making it really hard not to be perceived as major sore losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziya K View Post
    olympiacos, real madrid and efes all complaining and threatening to pull out of the local competition.
    they can create a new league and stop crying. bringing their own refs to the game
    might do real good for both themselves and us.
    Correction: Efes is not crying. It is typical Ataman bs that no one pays attention to.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Sorry guys, but I thought that your reading comprehension were better. 'You can block heads' goes to Randolph play vs Singleton. I am happy with the ending, we deserved to lose, and everybody has seen how bad refs are.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Uhm, I think you are confused.
    So, Oly complained about refs when Pao was doing better in EL while also winning the Greek league.
    Now, Oly is doing better in the EL, so they feel entitled to complaining?

Oh man, I really don't want to believe Adon but you guys are making it really hard not to be perceived as major sore losers.
    Your ( the green fans ) response to our accusations back then was that because you were doing so well in the Euroleague, you were de facto a better team than us, so entitled to win the domestic competitions too.

Now you do not sing the same song any more, because your team is well, let's put it politely, performing not so well for the past 7 years in the Euroleague.

So instead of accusing others as sore losers I suggest you keep your stories in check. Since finding different excuses every time is apparently confusing for you.

We're still saying the same thing. The game is rigged in Greece for the past 2 decades. Nothing new.
    Only difference is because pao-opap is a mediocre team at the moment, the referees assistance has become more profound.

You on the other hand, changed your story rather dramatically, since it didn't suit your purposes any more.
    I don't see any sore losers here. Only some dpg fanboys that can't keep their story straight.

So what about your 2 championships in the past 4 years?

So what about your 2 championships in the past 4 years?

What about them?

Is it really logical the score in domestic championships from 2000 till today to be....15-3?
    I mean, really?

Quote Originally Posted by drskull View Post
    you are right. unlike greek basketball clubs which has strong ties with their football counterparts, turkish basketball clubs are mostly corporate clubs or municipal/local authority clubs lacking fan base. we don't see football grudges or problems effecting basketball that much. If we were to compare the Pao vs Oly situation we had to have something like FB vs GS on other hands.

criticizations and outbursts like Ataman did are mostly caused by the fact that Efes having no fan support and being vulnerable to biased refereeing when they play against big clubs (not big bball clubs necessarily, big Turkish clubs,the big 3). 2 years ago Efes owner Özilhan took the team off the court during a play off match against Beşiktaş. And they were right, the refs were butchering them. I can fairly say that Beşiktaş was favored by refs that year. But Efes only complains when they play against us, Beşiktaş or Galatasaray...teams with fan support. They are dead silent when they play against other lesser corporate clubs.
    another correction/clarification: Efes owner did pull the team out of the court, but they returned to the court a few minutes later.

the only case comparable to Oly-Pao incident is the GS-Fener final a few years ago, where GS did not even step on the court for the last game of the title game (while the series was tied 2-2).

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    another correction/clarification: Efes owner did pull the team out of the court, but they returned to the court a few minutes later.

the only case comparable to Oly-Pao incident is the GS-Fener final a few years ago, where GS did not even step on the court for the last game of the title game (while the series was tied 2-2).
    One correction, it was 3-3. GS (Ataman) didn't play the game because of a single call at the end of 2nd game (McCalebb stealing the ball from Markoishvili but hitting his hand iirc) where we beat them at home afterwards. They played the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th game but didn't attend the 7th game, which I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that Ataman knew they would lose.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    yes. sorry for leaving that important part out even though I loosely mentioned about teams coming back to court or not showing up at all in a prior post. we, turkish, all know efes returned from the locker room. other people may not know that.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    One correction, it was 3-3. GS (Ataman) didn't play the game because of a single call at the end of 2nd game (McCalebb stealing the ball from Markoishvili but hitting his hand iirc) where we beat them at home afterwards. They played the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th game but didn't attend the 7th game, which I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that Ataman knew they would lose.
    got it, thank you for the correction.
    I don't know if Ataman ever made logical comments or acted reasonably. No one can know the result of game, esp the freaking 7th game, without even playing. GS acted stupidly, and gained absolutely nothing in return.

I suspect Oly may gain a bit more than GS did, in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by drskull View Post
    yes. sorry for leaving that important part out even though I loosely mentioned about teams coming back to court or not showing up at all in a prior post. we, turkish, all know efes returned from the locker room. other people may not know that.
    No worries. exactly, the other people may not know. Cheers.

What about them?

Is it really logical the score in domestic championships from 2000 till today to be....15-3?
    I mean, really?
    So you are including the years that you lost to PAOK in the semis (1), you lost to AEK in the final (2), and the 3 years that you struggled to get to the top8 (5)? And the 4 times you had home-court advantage (9)?

Ok, man. Whatever suits you. Good luck.

So you are including the years that you lost to PAOK in the semis (1), you lost to AEK in the final (2), and the 3 years that you struggled to get to the top8 (5)? And the 4 times you had home-court advantage (9)?

Ok, man. Whatever suits you. Good luck.
    Yes, why not?

I remember specifically one of the most appalling refereeing that occurred in Patisia, for the playoffs when oly was 8th in the regular and pao 1st.

You are under the impression that we forget. But we do not. And now it's time to settle the account.

Yes, why not?

I remember specifically one of the most appalling refereeing that occurred in Patisia, for the playoffs when oly was 8th in the regular and pao 1st.
    Another deserved championship, another robbery. It gets better and better

Another deserved championship, another robbery. It gets better and better
    Is there any law that forbids the 8th team to beat the 1st in the playoffs?

Oh wait. There is. In Greece.

Indeed it gets better and better. Pao-opap fans are showing their true colours that look suspiciously like dpg's.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast