Thread: Why Doncic isn't in the 2019 All-Star

Default Why Doncic isn't in the 2019 All-Star

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Luka Doncic fan at all. But that looking at his numbers, and how clutch he is, and considering that the fans wanted to see him in All-star game (received the second greatest vote after Lebron in the west), it looks like an unfair decision to me.

Of course I didn't want to see him as an all-star starter, but not even a reserve?

54 Games ; 32 minutes per game; 20.8 pts - 7.1 reb - 5.5 ast

And fans wanted to see him in All-star, but he isn't there. (I didn't vote for him btw just curious why)

Could it be that NBA players and media didn't want a rookie european player playing in NBA all-star? Since they think NBA is on a completely different level and european basketball isn't comparable to NBA, and even Doncic shouldn't play in the all-star in his rookie season?

Especially seeing that Simmons, Middleton, D'Angelo and Vucevic are in the all-star rosters, I think Doncic should've been there as a reserve also.
    FENERBAHE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

If he played in the East he would have had a great shot. But I dont see who you take out from these 7 to put him in.

Lillard, A. Davis, Aldridge, Westbrook, Jokic, Klay, Towns. The fact that hes on a losing team also hurts him.
    Davis and Towns are only losing players here and they are bigs with great stats.

Coaches only pick the reserves so the fans, players and media have no say in that.

There is nothing shocking in the fact he won't attend the big game when you see who else got invited, and I say that while being already big fan of this young guy.
    Besides, if fans really want to see him, then they should feel lucky because he will attend the Rising Stars game AND the Skills challenge.

I think the fact that he wasn't selected for Sunday game is not related at all with him being European.

He'll have plenty of chances going forward, in fact this might be the last year for a long time he's left off, but rookies always struggle to make the all star game and that's especially true for guards/small forwards.

In the past 30 years only 7 rookies have made the all-star game and only one was a small forward/guard.
    Blake Griffin, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, Shaq, Dikembe Mutombo, and David Robinson.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    In the past 30 years only 7 rookies have made the all-star game and only one was a small forward/guard.
    Blake Griffin, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, Shaq, Dikembe Mutombo, and David Robinson.
    wow, so LeBron didn't make it either as a rookie.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    wow, so LeBron didn't make it either as a rookie.
    Lebron's first season stats ; 20.9 pts - 5.5 reb - 5.9 ast

Doncic has better stats right now.
    FENERBAHE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---