Who will win the Eastern conference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will win the Eastern conference ?

Unless there is an airplane crash the Warriors being in the Finals and winnng it all is a foregone conclusion.
    They are 2/5 favorites to win it all. The Lebron-less East on the other hand is wide open. The four serious contenders are all 10-1 to win the title. Indiana would have been right there and made it a 5 team race had Oladipo not gotten hurt. Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia are basically all even and home court might be the determining factor. I think if every team hits their ceiling Boston is the best. But they currently have to make up ground in the standings. Toronto would be my pick as of this moment to represent the East in the Finals.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

The 2nd round of the East playoffs (barring massive upset, shame Oladipo got hurt) is going to be insane. At the moment I still think if all teams played their absolute best Boston would be the team to beat, but they can be incredibly inconsistent. I have a soft spot for the Bucks, and want to see how Mirotic blends with them.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
      The 2nd round of the East playoffs (barring massive upset, shame Oladipo got hurt) is going to be insane..
      Absolutely. Any combination of those 4 teams playing each other in the second round is awesome. Now if we can just skip the first round because those games are going to be awful. Indiana without Oladipo, the Nets, Hornets, Miami, Detroit are simply not good teams at all.

Comment

I think it’s gonna be hard for Milwaukee to go from first round loser to NBA Finals in just one year. That’s too big of a leap.
        I am not sold on Ben Simmons and Embiid when it comes to maturity and I think their coach actually hinders that team.
        So that leaves Boston and Toronto and I’ll take the team with home court in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
          Absolutely. Any combination of those 4 teams playing each other in the second round is awesome. Now if we can just skip the first round because those games are going to be awful. Indiana without Oladipo, the Nets, Hornets, Miami, Detroit are simply not good teams at all.
          I really, really, hope we don't make the playoffs. Having even a tiny shot in the draft is better than getting swept by one of the four.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
            I really, really, hope we don't make the playoffs. Having even a tiny shot in the draft is better than getting swept by one of the four.
            I agree. For some teams sneaking into the playoffs and taking a beating is a good thing. A young team for example so they can get a taste of the next level. But your teams stars are Blake and Drummond and that doesn’t help them any. Yeah roll the dice and hope to hit the lottery.

Comment

1-Toronto or 2-Boston imo.

I think Milwaukee and Antetokounmpo will slow down in playoffs, due to teams will actually start to make defense and more importantly special defense on weakness of the players, they will use that shooting weakness of Antetokounmpo.
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                1-Toronto or 2-Boston imo.

I think Milwaukee and Antetokounmpo will slow down in playoffs, due to teams will actually start to make defense and more importantly special defense on weakness of the players, they will use that shooting weakness of Antetokounmpo.
                Bucks are shooting well from the perimeter, and they've just added Mirotic.

I'm truly curious about the East match-ups this season. I think the Bucks are the favorite, though I'd like to see Boston there.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  Bucks are shooting well from the perimeter, and they've just added Mirotic.

I'm truly curious about the East match-ups this season. I think the Bucks are the favorite, though I'd like to see Boston there.
                  Even GSW had trouble with Draymond's lack of shooting ability from time to time (%24 3pts), and GSW have much better shooters. What I meant that when you focused on one guy it could be a problem, they will obviously give more space to Anteto (%21 3pts on this season) in playoffs and they will force him to shoot more and they could defend the rim better by doing that, and when that happens;

Last edited by Tevfik1907; 02-09-2019, 07:53 PM.
                  FENERBAHÇE
                  --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                  --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                  --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                  --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                    Even GSW had trouble with Draymond's lack of shooting ability from time to time (%24 3pts), and GSW have much better shooters. What I meant that when you focused on one guy it could be a problem, they will obviously give more space to Anteto (%21 3pts on this season) in playoffs and they will force him to shoot more and they could defend the rim better by doing that, and when that happens;

Giannis Stats in February FG: 65.8% / 3P: 36.4% / FT: 81.6% / REB: 13 / AST: 5.6 / PTS: 33.6

Comment

Toronto. I think Khawi is still No.1 superstar in the east when it comes to PO. Giannis is the best player, but in PO, when there's clutch games every night you also need to know how to shoot. I believe Green will be huge for them, Siakam is balling, Gasol will add skill and IQ to the game. The only question as always choke Lawry. He has been a choke all his Toronto career and I doubt he's different now, but the team does not depend all that much on him any more.

Second? I have no idea. I have a feeling people are too high on Boston.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Tobias Harris is looking like an excellent pick up for the Sixers, so suddenly I'm leaning that way again.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Toronto. I think Khawi is still No.1 superstar in the east when it comes to PO. Giannis is the best player, but in PO, when there's clutch games every night you also need to know how to shoot. I believe Green will be huge for them, Siakam is balling, Gasol will add skill and IQ to the game. The only question as always choke Lawry. He has been a choke all his Toronto career and I doubt he's different now, but the team does not depend all that much on him any more.

Second? I have no idea. I have a feeling people are too high on Boston.
                          so why all are talking about Giannis is the best Player when he doesn’t can shoot in the PO´s ??
                          And when he can not be a factor in the Playoffs because everyone can easily stop him because he is predictable. If so then this would happen also during in the regular Season. But he had like 1 or 2 of- games not more.
                          Also, it’s not going to be like Giannis must close the games and for shure not with his 3 pointer.

How do you want to stop him? You must close the zone. Then it hails threes from all corners because there is enough space for and Giannis does not have to take it, there are enough other shooters available. I agree that he have to make the open threes and that’s what I think he could do. He already shows that he can go like 3 from 3 when the opponent gives him free ones and he has all the rights to airball some of them for a Shaqtin' A Fool standing.

No, I think Milwaukee is much stronger this year than the last year. It begins with Budenholzer he is a big upgrade for the team. There have been no two defeats in a row so far in this season and that said that any problems can be rectified very quick and that means that coach and players understand each other very well. This is an indication for me that Milwaukee can go very far.

Also, this Season the Bucks are:

3/1 against the Raptors
                          2/0 against the Celtics
                          1/0 Philadelphia

Last Year Milwaukee lost against the Celtics in 7 games. Celtics without Irving but with very good teamplay then. It was said that Giannis was well defended. Well look at his Playoff Stats 25,7pts 9,5Reb 6,4Ass 1,4Stl. 1Blk.
                          If that means he was well… I am not so shure about.
                          Also, Giannis is now more ready then last Year. He knows how to gets points even if he´s not jumping over his opponents. He simply understands more how to get the easy points.
                          He now has many good shooters around him with Lopez and now also Mirotic which was a great sign as his stats are almost as good as Middleton´s and better then Brock Lopez, they are both around 37% 3P. And he as Lopez will help also by rebounding and making space for Giannis drives.

In the end, the east is very close to each other. The biggest potential are for Philadelphia I think, they have the best Starting 5 (not the best bench). In best case for the Bucks either Celtics or Philadelphia getting each other out at first round.
                          Last edited by Demetrios I. Soter; 02-13-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

The Eastern Conference Champion will be the Toronto Raptors .......#wethenorth

Comment

Originally posted by happypepss View Post
                              The Eastern Conference Champion will be the Toronto Raptors .......#wethenorth
                              okay thanks for the Info.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information