Mighty Sports at the 30th Dubai International Basketball Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamokamo View Post
    How tall is JGDL? Arakji is 6'4". Juan looks smaller though.
    I think Arajki is around 6-3 without shoes while 1GDL is around 6-1 or a fraction of an inch below that without shoes
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
      It's depressing to think that Arakji is already a seasoned international player while Kiefer busy turning himself into a whale. And this is after his first stint with GILAS. Who knows how he'll play after his suspension ends. He has a lot of catching up to do
      Tbh ive never really seen keifer as a generational talent ala Castro.. hes more like a handy option ala Tenorio. Regardless he really shouldnt have been banned in the PBA nor was the suspensionthat long in FIBA im fairly certain most of thesw athletes specially in the NBA are loaded with supplements or steroids if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
        Yeah I just found out... We should recruit more Div 2 players to play for our college teams.
        Just some input most playrrs from Western society provided their parents can afford the div2 offer (cover partial living expense of $5k annually would opt for a div 2 fwith a more. Recognised degree for employment in the 1st World than playing in the UAAP
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          I think Arajki is around 6-3 without shoes while 1GDL is around 6-1 or a fraction of an inch below that without shoes
          Wael Arakji measurements were 6' 1.25" without shoes, 6' 2.5" with shoes and a 6' 4.25" wingspan back in the 2015 adidas eurocamp.

Comment

I think the composition of this Mighty Sports team is the right balance between winnability & exposure to players. You got 2 good quality imports in Brownlee & Morris, a washed-up 3rd import who is a former NBA star, 2 Fil-ams who did quite well in the tournament, a veteran pass-first point guard in Jason Brickman & a promising young combo guard who had some moments of brilliance in the tournament.

3rd place finish isn't bad.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              I think the composition of this Mighty Sports team is the right balance between winnability & exposure to players. You got 2 good quality imports in Brownlee & Morris, a washed-up 3rd import who is a former NBA star, 2 Fil-ams who did quite well in the tournament, a veteran pass-first point guard in Jason Brickman & a promising young combo guard who had some moments of brilliance in the tournament.

3rd place finish isn't bad.
              impressive actually considering they had only five days of practice before the tournament.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Not too well versed in x's and o's but how is charles tiu as a coach.?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                  Tbh ive never really seen keifer as a generational talent ala Castro.. hes more like a handy option ala Tenorio. Regardless he really shouldnt have been banned in the PBA nor was the suspensionthat long in FIBA im fairly certain most of thesw athletes specially in the NBA are loaded with supplements or steroids if you will.
                  I saw kiefer as a breath of fresh air. Out of the gazillion pg's in ph, only a select few are willing passers, and even less if you only count elite passers. Someone who knows what to do, where to go in order to get a specific teammate going. Someone that controls the pace of the game.

I wonder how good Charles tiu is. As talented as this mighty team is, they ran real set plays. They didn't just go there and overwhelm the opponent with talent. It was only in Al riyadi where they were a step slow and on rotation because of the mismatch created by the PG.

Comment

Originally posted by trig View Post
                    I saw kiefer as a breath of fresh air. Out of the gazillion pg's in ph, only a select few are willing passers, and even less if you only count elite passers. Someone who knows what to do, where to go in order to get a specific teammate going. Someone that controls the pace of the game.

I wonder how good Charles tiu is. As talented as this mighty team is, they ran real set plays. They didn't just go there and overwhelm the opponent with talent. It was only in Al riyadi where they were a step slow and on rotation because of the mismatch created by the PG.
                    how about charles tiu as u16/u17/u18/u19 coach?
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                      how about charles tiu as u16/u17/u18/u19 coach?
                      Just my two cents, I'd prefer that he start off as a member of Tab's staff before being appointed head of an age group team. That way, he'll be part of both the Toroman and Tab coaching trees and he won't be thrown into the fire while the sbp's revamped youth program is not yet in place.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        impressive actually considering they had only five days of practice before the tournament.
                        hmmm, should this be our template for international success? 5 days of practice. ha ha
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shootingbwakaw View Post
                          hmmm, should this be our template for international success? 5 days of practice. ha ha
                          If only we had the talent to be able to do something like this... or change the current PBA format and give the national team a reasonable time to focus and prepare for their games.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information