Mighty Sports at the 30th Dubai International Basketball Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Sports at the 30th Dubai International Basketball Championship

The team is doing great so far in the tournament.
    Sweeping the classification round.

Notables so far:

Center: Randolph Morris (CBA veteran): very steady and smart veteran Center

Forwards: Justin Brownlee (Gi-Neb-Ra): needs no introduction, will be a very good small wing candidate for Gilas if well have a reliable local center
    Roosevelt Adams and Jeremiah Gray : (Supra athletic high flying shooters college ballers from the US): both can jump off the gym, too bad they were not on the Gilas radar prior

Guards: Jason Brickman (Mr. Steady) : quick solid veteran point guard, hell end up in the PBA eventually
    Juan Gomez de Liano (The Flash) He is the revelation for this tournament, at 19 he's proving he's more than ready to play with the big boys. He's making he's guards look super slow.

Originally posted by cireeex View Post
    The team is doing great so far in the tournament.
    Sweeping the classification round.

Notables so far:

Center: Randolph Morris (CBA veteran): very steady and smart veteran Center

Forwards: Justin Brownlee (Gi-Neb-Ra): needs no introduction, will be a very good small wing candidate for Gilas if well have a reliable local center
    Roosevelt Adams and Jeremiah Gray : (Supra athletic high flying shooters college ballers from the US): both can jump off the gym, too bad they were not on the Gilas radar prior

Guards: Jason Brickman (Mr. Steady) : quick solid veteran point guard, hell end up in the PBA eventually
    Juan Gomez de Liano (The Flash) He is the revelation for this tournament, at 19 he's proving he's more than ready to play with the big boys. He's making he's guards look super slow.
    Roosevelt Adams and Jeremiah Gray have been very impressive so far. They could have been the top two PBA draft picks this year if they entered the draft in my opinion. Jeremiah Gray reminds me of a younger Gabe Norwood but with a better shooting touch.

It would have also been nice to see Ricci and Kobe on this team as well, but they probably wouldn’t get that much playing time. Juan GDL has been solid considering he might be the youngest player in the tournament.

Comment

How about sending Mighty Sports - Alab Pilipinas Combine minus world imports to international club tournaments like Jones Cup, Super 8 or Terrific 12... just imagine a team with B.Rosser, Parks Jr., Domingo, Alvano, Tiongson,
      P.Rivero, J.Gray, Adams, Brickman, JGdL, Rike, Brickman, Banal. I think this crew can compete with the rest of Asia...

Comment

Juan can easily come off the bench as a Romeo replacement. He’s not as good yet but you can see his potential as already higher since he’s taller more athletic and already has a better sense of how to be a true point guard. He’s shown flashes but he does moake some boneheaded places that’ll go away with more experiences like this tournament. Tournaments like this are good for you guys to learn what they can and can’t do against international competition.

Comment

Hope Mighty Sports joins ABL ... With Gray and Adams plus Morris and other young college players or Cadets players, Mighty can help develop players in ABL than just playing in some annual Tourney...

Comment

Originally posted by FilWelsh View Post
            How about sending Mighty Sports - Alab Pilipinas Combine minus world imports to international club tournaments like Jones Cup, Super 8 or Terrific 12... just imagine a team with B.Rosser, Parks Jr., Domingo, Alvano, Tiongson,
            P.Rivero, J.Gray, Adams, Brickman, JGdL, Rike, Brickman, Banal. I think this crew can compete with the rest of Asia...
            Chualay and SMC will not allow that.. Knowing how greedy SMC is, more realistic is Alab recryiting Mighty players...

Comment

I have a funny feeling this guy will be better than Ray Parks

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

I got the feeling the refs last night really favored the Syrian club, what with all the uncalled offensive fouls and goaltending violations. Maybe not just because they're fellow Arabs, but maybe also out of pity given the state Syria is in now.

Comment

I wonder how these Fil-Ams went under the radar that even the ABL teams did not sign them up... Where did they play before Mighty?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                    I wonder how these Fil-Ams went under the radar that even the ABL teams did not sign them up... Where did they play before Mighty?
                    US NCAA Division 2. Gray almost went to Ateneo. He chose a Dominican school(Unfortunately, not UST haha).
                    LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

Yeah I just found out... We should recruit more Div 2 players to play for our college teams.

Comment

Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
                        I got the feeling the refs last night really favored the Syrian club, what with all the uncalled offensive fouls and goaltending violations. Maybe not just because they're fellow Arabs, but maybe also out of pity given the state Syria is in now.
                        Their 7'3" big man benefited from a lot of missed three-second calls.
                        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                          Gray went to play for BBC Sparta Bertrange (Luxembourg D1 pro team) I don't know if Roosevelt Adams have played for a pro team other than mighty sports
                          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                            I have a funny feeling this guy will be better than Ray Parks

Is he eligible?
                            Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

Originally posted by rzr_390 View Post
                              Is he eligible?
                              nope..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information