Greek NT for WC 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    I think the real weakness is actually near the rim. Bourou, Printezis and Papagiannis is either old or too tempered. The strength is the triangle Calathes Giannis Sloukas. Of course the best way to use Giannis is having 4 shooter around him.
    This statement is true and we lack a natural rim protector. Rumours have it that Giannis will play some time at C since we have an abundance of quality small and power forwards.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
      Vasiliadis never delivered in the national team and he also did not play during the qualification tournament if I am not mistaken.
      The team lacks everything apart from the NBA MVP and plethora of Antetokoumpos.
      You are right about Vasiliadis. I am clutching at straws. Our reserves for shooters are at the lowest point ever.

Kostas Antetokounmpo will definitely be cut as he has limited experience at a high level. He's just along for the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
        You are right about Vasiliadis. I am clutching at straws. Our reserves for shooters are at the lowest point ever.

Kostas Antetokounmpo will definitely be cut as he has limited experience at a high level. He's just along for the experience.
        Greece actually was one of the best shooting teams during last Eurobasket. I believe Greece was 4th percentage wise. Greece lacks pure shooters, but many can shoot respectable numbers. Sloukas, Papanikolaou, Papapetrou, Bourousis, Printezis. Even Giannis has developed his shot during the last two seasons. And Larentzakis, Vasilopoulos, Dorsey, Athineou can shoot as well.

Wouldn't have minded a zone breaker like Fotsis on the team though. But for now Greece lacks such a player.

I am not sure if Koufos' absence is too bad. This means that someone like Dorsey or Larentzakis can join instead. Perhaps this can work to Greece's advantage.
        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
          Greece actually was one of the best shooting teams during last Eurobasket. I believe Greece was 4th percentage wise. Greece lacks pure shooters, but many can shoot respectable numbers. Sloukas, Papanikolaou, Papapetrou, Bourousis, Printezis. Even Giannis has developed his shot during the last two seasons. And Larentzakis, Vasilopoulos, Dorsey, Athineou can shoot as well.

Wouldn't have minded a zone breaker like Fotsis on the team though. But for now Greece lacks such a player.

I am not sure if Koufos' absence is too bad. This means that someone like Dorsey or Larentzakis can join instead. Perhaps this can work to Greece's advantage.
          Papapetrou 33%, papanikolaou 36%, Dorsey 33%, Bourousis and Printezis shoot 2 three pointer at most in a game. The only respectable guy is Sloukas who cant create shots. Greece is one of the worst shooting teams maybe the worst in the whole tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Greece is one of the worst shooting teams maybe the worst in the whole tournament.
            I wouldn't put my money on this assumption. There are 7-8 players on that rooster who can shoot with reasonable percentages on EL level. Making it an average shooting team. If need be, all players will be participating. I can see it lacks pure shooters and I can agree on that, but it is not a bad shooting team.

Career average in EL or NBA (not in domestic leagues):
            Sloukas: 0.406
            Papanikolaou: 0.373
            Dorsey: 0.366
            Mantzaris: 0.365
            Bourousis: 0.345
            Papapetrou: 0.343
            Printezis: 0.329

I think too much hype is being made about surrounding Giannis with shooters. Greece should play like Greece as always and simply add Giannis in the mix.
            Last edited by Victorious; 07-06-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
              The premiminary squad for the WC2019 is:

Giannis Athineou, Giannis Adetokounmpo, Thanasis Adetokounmpo, Kostas Adetokounmpo, Panagiotis Vasilopoulos, Nick Calathes, Antonis Koniaris, Giannoulis Larentzakis, Vaggelis Mantzaris, Dinos Mitoglou, Giannis Bourousis, Tyler Dorsey, Giorgos Papagiannis, Kostas Papanikolaou, Ioannis Papapetrou, Giorgos Printzezis, Christos Saloustros and Kostas Sloukas.

No invites for Zach Auguste, Kostas Koufos or Zach Mitrou-Long.

The final 12 baring injuries should be:

PG Nick Calathes, Kostas Sloukas.
              SG Giannoulis Larentzakis, Tyler Dorsey
              SF Thanasis Adetokounmpo, Kostas Papanikolaou, Ioannis Papapetrou,
              PF Giannis Adetokounmpo, Dinos Mitoglou, Giorgos Printzezis
              C Giannis Bourousis, Giorgos Papagiannis

We are quite limited in guard positions as well as at C
              The minute distribution might be something like this

Calathes 28, Sloukas 12
              Sloukas 16, Dorsey 14, Larentzakis 6, Papapetrou 4
              Papanikolaou 18, Papapetrou 14, T. Antetokounmpo 8
              G. Antetokounmpo 18, Printezis 18, Mitoglou 4
              Bourousis 16, G. Antetokounmpo 14, Papagiannis 10

It will be interesting to see if the aging former core of the team - Papanikolaou, Printezis, Bourousis - accept sub-20 MPG roles.
              G. Antetokounmpo, Sloukas, Calathes are obviously the key players, with Dorsey and Papapetrou as X factors.

What happened to Agravanis? He used to be on the path to becoming a core NT player.

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                The minute distribution might be something like this

Calathes 28, Sloukas 12
                Sloukas 16, Dorsey 14, Larentzakis 6, Papapetrou 4
                Papanikolaou 18, Papapetrou 14, T. Antetokounmpo 8
                G. Antetokounmpo 18, Printezis 18, Mitoglou 4
                Bourousis 16, G. Antetokounmpo 14, Papagiannis 10

It will be interesting to see if the aging former core of the team - Papanikolaou, Printezis, Bourousis - accept sub-20 MPG roles.
                G. Antetokounmpo, Sloukas, Calathes are obviously the key players, with Dorsey and Papapetrou as X factors.

What happened to Agravanis? He used to be on the path to becoming a core NT player.
                Printezis and Papanikolaou are going to play +20 minutes as they are the forth and fith best players of the team. Bourousis will easily accept a -20 minutes role if that is asked of him.

Agravanis was never a Greek NT caliber player. He was good enough because of absences. Ofcourse, he can become better, but he was injured.

Comment

Agravanis was never a Greek NT caliber player.
                  I know that many poeple share your view regarding Agravanis. But I have to admit that I really love him as a player. He was/is young and undisciplined, very emotional lacking professionalism. But he showed his talent in the past and I am sure that he could develop to a cornerstone of the NT. However due to his injury and since he has been kicked out from Olympiakos I doubt that he will have this development .
                  You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                    The question is if the team will get along without the veterans playing big minutes. Especially Bouroussis might be called to play more than he is capable of due to his age.

Comment

I wonder how Greek basketball will be influenced due to the change of government.

Comment

I wonder how Greek basketball will be influenced due to the change of government.
                        please excuse my ignorance, why would you bring the change of government as a potential factor?
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          please excuse my ignorance, why would you bring the change of government as a potential factor?
                          Ha Ha good joke!

Since Vasilakopoulos is 100% PASOK and is still in charge dispite the fact that this party almost vanished from the political landscape, I guess there will be little political influence on the federation.
                          Last edited by fasoulaki; 07-10-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

It wouldn't on an NT level but could for club level.

Comment

I was thinking of heavy taxation for club teams perhaps.

Comment

I was thinking of heavy taxation for club teams perhaps.
                                Maybe its better to force some clubs to raise some youth and play with them even if it means to be bad for couple years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information