Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
    I pretty much agree with you.

I regard Calathes a 6th player. A great sixth player as he was for the PAO team that won the EL in 2011.

You simply can't be a leader if you are not a shooter. You don't have to be a great shooter, but a decent shooter. Spanoulis was never a great shooter but he was great when the crunch came and always had 2 options. Same as Diamantidis. Passing or taking the shot himself. Calathes cannot do this. It's not only the shooting it's the ft's as well. Even if he gets the foul the odds are against him to make the pressure free throws.

Calathes is worth his money because he's great at assisting, defending and rebounding for a guard. He would be more value for money If he played at CSKA or Fener or even Real he would be a great asset for those teams.

The best well see of Calathes is if PAO sigs a quality SG, PF and centre and in general possess spot shooters waiting on the weak side.
    I dont think Real Fener or Cska would want him. He is good defender and good passer yes but he needs to hold the ball to make contrubution at offence. Because his lack of shooting avoid to be shooting threat when he is off-ball. At Fener almost every player is a passing station and ball movement are triple of Pao. Why Fener would want ruin that.

Calathes is too expensive to be 6th player. Some teams could afford him for that role, but 15 minutes defence first role could not make him happy.So he would damage the team chemistry.

Comment

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
      A voice clip was made public yesterday.

Printezis was addressing his team mates on a group chat on viber/ whatsapp saying he wasn't going to play vs Khimki because management hadn't payed him. He said he spoke with the GM who said there was no money but would meet with him. Printezis ultimately played but has been a shadow of himself since.

They are looking for the player who released the clip to the journalist and they assume it's Toliopoulos who was sent on-loan to Aris but others are saying it may be Bogris or Mantzaris.

Printezis said all is good now...but this isn't showing on court and the rumors say that some players haven't been paid since Sep-Oct. Especially the Greeks.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...nd-olympiacos/
      That's interesting

Originally posted by Axl Rose Is God View Post
      I would want The Brick to Fener any given day he doesnt need to shoot.
      A player can't shoot is the last thing we need for our system.

Even when Melli stops shooting we are getting into trouble against F4 level opponents, and while Vesely improved his shoot a lot, he is still not a shooter type player. Having Vesely + Calathes would a disaster for us.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
        who're you gonna replace?
        calathes plays some 30 mins and makes 8 assists of 16 in Panathinaikos and he's the only ball handler they have.
        Fener is a team where almost everyone makes assists we dont need another guy just to pass the ball.
        None of my business, but Calathes would be great upgrade for Fener, imho, as the 2nd PG next to Sloukas. You don't have anyone else nearly on that level.
        but this is never going to happen with his expected pay check.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by drskull View Post
          it is.

it is.

thanks. I ll pass the opportunity to watch players who hide out of bounds when clock runs down, inject whatever shit into their body, shove teammates to get rebounds, fake hail mary last second threes. I totally get it though, you guys lack the feeling of belonging or compassion towards a team. you wake up a morning to learn that your team moved to another state. so you put players above teams. I get it. NCAA gives you the "amateur spirit" sensation you crave. since those guys are the national treasure, american bballs future. sadly a slovenian kid schools everyone lol.

NBA turned into a "you must be this high to ride" kind of joy ride, meat head gobert being a star, come on. people chanting "lebron's gonna trade you" to another player. I ll pass.
          NBA has its big chunk of ridiculous stuff, but I mean, come on.

Not that I'm a good representative of an EL fan, but for the most part, I truly enjoy watching the NBA games (and I do watch 3-4 games per week). You need to be selective though.

I don't know if we can say this but I feel today's NBA is more Europanized than ever. both in terms of personnel, and in terms of playing style.

I hate the media's obsession with "stars" though. if Harden for example scores 20pts with 4-25 fg, the game highlights will show his 4 fgs and ignore everyone else, including the "role player" with 30pts & 20 rebs on 11-12 shooting.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
            who're you gonna replace?
            calathes plays some 30 mins and makes 8 assists of 16 in Panathinaikos and he's the only ball handler they have.
            Fener is a team where almost everyone makes assists we dont need another guy just to pass the ball.
            He's a top quality player, we'll teach him to shoot.
            People are underestimating him bcuz of the ridiculous shooting. Apart from being a very good pg and a leader, he's a good defender, creates and forwards the game and flow, accepts challenges and fights for the team. We can use also use Küçükandonyadis and Babi on 2 when he is on court. I'd want him. Only pg we have is Küçükandonyadis btw, Babi is doing his best, but gets slower year by year, and he's got some defects against our main rivals, The Brick can keep him fresh too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

Not that I'm a good representative of an EL fan, but for the most part, I truly enjoy watching the NBA games (and I do watch 3-4 games per week). You need to be selective though.

I don't know if we can say this but I feel today's NBA is more Europanized than ever. both in terms of personnel, and in terms of playing style.

I hate the media's obsession with "stars" though. if Harden for example scores 20pts with 4-25 fg, the game highlights will show his 4 fgs and ignore everyone else, including the "role player" with 30pts & 20 rebs on 11-12 shooting.
              Harden is not a good sample. He's really fun to watch He also should act for miles n smiles card tv comms, would collect crazy travel points

Comment

• @drskull. To each his own I guess. I love basketball so I watch some, NCAA, a lot of Euroleague playoffs and as much as NBA as possible since it’s the best version. The only thing I can say is that it must be extremely difficult watching and supporting your team when it’s best players or “clowns” inevitably leave your team and league to join the “circus” just about every year.
                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

That’s a silly exaggeration. Basketball more than most sports can be dominated by the individual superstar. That’s just a fact. They are the difference makers and can impact the game more than in other sports. So those few are celebrated and rightfully so. But it goes both ways, they get the lions share of the credit when a team succeeds as well as the blame when they fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axl Rose Is God View Post
                    He's a top quality player, we'll teach him to shoot.
                    People are underestimating him bcuz of the ridiculous shooting. Apart from being a very good pg and a leader, he's a good defender, creates and forwards the game and flow, accepts challenges and fights for the team. We can use also use Küçükandonyadis and Babi on 2 when he is on court. I'd want him. Only pg we have is Küçükandonyadis btw, Babi is doing his best, but gets slower year by year, and he's got some defects against our main rivals, The Brick can keep him fresh too.
                    That's really a big expectation. It's like expecting passing abilities and a Udoh level defense from Jason Thompson.

If Calathes could shoot then Pana wouldn't be in this situation and Calathes would be a MVP candidate for this EL season.

He doesn't care about that even in his home Greece, what makes you think he would start shooting for a foreign team?
                    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 02-12-2019, 04:27 AM.
                    FENERBAHÇE
                    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Used to watch lots of games when I was a teen. Now I can't bear watching any match for full 48 minutes. You need to be super selective. sometimes an nba fan friend of mine pokes me on facebook about a game that he is watching, but I can't finish the game and I get distracted (disgusted sometimes). He claims I don't see the stuff going on in the background cos the game is played so fast. Maybe I don't see that stuff, I don't know. But I am certain that today's nba is not the same with the nba I watched two decades ago. The league is not exciting anymore.

as Axl said maybe it is the lack of physicality. super star treatment, no hand checking (thank god that rule is taken leniently by euro refs) etc. Lack of the manno-o-manno basketball on top of the soulless fans deters some people. At one point it is about fans. I am not pro hooliganism but I can't forget the aris-tofas game, love seeing the flares at oaka (and the big ass net). I also don't like the direction el is headed to "tame" the fans. el is trying to enforce the nba model, which I don't like. there is a standing respect between european fans regardless of how hardcore they are or how they taunt or hurt each other. even I though hate oly, I find my self mumbling one of the chants of olympiakos fans, made up greek lyrics in my version ofc lol. European basketball is more fun. a more collective experience if you know what I mean.
                      sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                        @drskull. To each his own I guess. I love basketball so I watch some, NCAA, a lot of Euroleague playoffs and as much as NBA as possible since it’s the best version. The only thing I can say is that it must be extremely difficult watching and supporting your team when it’s best players or “clowns” inevitably leave your team and league to join the “circus” just about every year.
                        those clowns are the only reason I connect with the circus. after all they are my clowns and I can not blame my clowns when they are making huge amount of money or getting more publicity. They will be welcomed with open arms, when they are done earning money off their pro circus, they can come back anytime. If your circus is so superior to our circus, then stop tempting our clowns and put on a show just with your own college grad clowns.

clowns come and go, but my team dates back to 1907. standing still. same name, same city, same colors over a century.
                        sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

• I saw that Koncak retweeted this parody twitter account of Coach Pitino - https://twitter.com/GreekPitino

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                            I saw that Koncak retweeted this parody twitter account of Coach Pitino - https://twitter.com/GreekPitino

FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• Ha, that one was particularly inspired.

Comment

• Originally posted by drskull View Post

clowns come and go, but my team dates back to 1907. standing still. same name, same city, same colors over a century.
                                1907 ? Cut the crap. People in Turkey barely knew what a basketball was 30 years ago and you’re talking about over one hundred years ago. Same name ? Ok Ulker I mean Beko or whatever it will be next. I am sure that probably for a good portion of your teams history it was subsidized by the soccer club. It’s easier to survive that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information