Where will these NBA stars end up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will these NBA stars end up ?

The number of superstars that will be in play this summer is staggering. Here are my predictions in which I am very confident in even at this point without knowing how the rest of the season will play out.

Kevin Durant 100% gone. Possible new team Knicks, Nets, Lakers, Clippers.
    Kyrie Irving. 100% gone. Same as above.
    Kawhi Leonard 100% gone. New team Clippers, Lakers, Knicks, Nets.
    DeMarcus Cousins 100% gone New team ?
    Jimmy Butler 100% gone. New team ?
    Klay Thompson 100% stays with Warriors

Anthony Davis 100% a Laker in 2 years,
    50% a Laker by end of the week.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

I would now update the chance Anthony Davis being traded to the Lakers in the next couple of days from 50% to 75%.
    Davis’ father came out and bad mouthed the Celtic organization thus diminishing the potential trade partners New Orleans would have if they waited till the summer. Why would Boston give up its future for a one year rental and a guy who by multiple reports wouldn’t stay there. The other reason I would increase the percentage of a trade is according to reports the Lakers are lowballing their offers. That leaves room for a potential deal. Had the Lakers already offered the farm and no deal had been consummated then this deal would already be dead. It appears the Lakers are trying to hold on to as much as they can but I think they will eventually give in and give up a lot.

Comment

If A.Davis goes to LA then I would say they can actually challenge GSW in the west, if not this year then next year.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
        If A.Davis goes to LA then I would say they can actually challenge GSW in the west, if not this year then next year.
        No chance this year against the Warriors. Not enough time to jell as a team and they would lose many pieces to get him.
        Next year the Lakers would probably be the favorite considering they would add to LeBron and Davis and I think Golden State will Most likely lose Durant.

Comment

I agree on Durant, don't see him staying, though him going to Brooklyn after New York's moves this week would be hilarious.

Kyrie and Kawhi I don't have at 100%. Perhaps 80% for Kyrie and 70% for Kawhi. While I think they might leave, a good playoff run for either might lead to a Paul George situation.

AD's 100% gone, either the Lakers nab him this week, or if it gets to Summer I can see the Celtics nabbing him in the offseason, of course whether he stays there or is a rental is another matter.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post

Kyrie and Kawhi I don't have at 100%. Perhaps 80% for Kyrie and 70% for Kawhi. While I think they might leave, a good playoff run for either might lead to a Paul George situation.
            The Paul George case differs from both Kawhi and Kyrie in one important way. There already was a top superstar (Westbrook) already committed long term to the team. I definitely took that for granted last year and didn’t factor that in.
            Both were LA guys who bonded and made a decision to play together for upcoming years. I don’t see that with the other two cases.

Comment

According to reports the Lakers offered 2 first round picks, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Zubac, Hart and Caldwell-Pope for Anthony Davis and the Pelicans want more ? It appears that Greg Popovich is the GM of the Pelicans. They are not trading him to the Lakers plain and simple. If I am Magic Johnson I see through this charade and say they will not make any offers during the summer. Lakers can get Davis for nothing in 2 years, another big time free agent this summer and keep all their young players. New Orleans will look like fools after this all ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                This year no way they win against GSW. Simply because it means they need to trade majority of the young talents. if LA trades BI, Kuzma, Zubac, and Ball\Hart; i dont think they can get anyone from FA that can replace them talent wise. So LBJ and AD are left with aging Javale, Lance, and Beasley. do you think that will win against GSW? that's assuming AD is healthy enough by playoffs. If they trade and AD doesnt even play anytime soon, they might not even reach the playoffs.

they'll have enough time to get a better supporting cast next year, and if Boston doesnt give a good enough trade, NO might be forced to trade AD for less to Lakers. also, Boogie and Durant might leave. Then I'd agree with you that LA can contend against GSW. next year. but this year has a lot of dependecies so i would think not.
                WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                  The number of superstars that will be in play this summer is staggering. Here are my predictions in which I am very confident in even at this point without knowing how the rest of the season will play out.

I started this thread 5 months ago and absolutely nothing from what I thought then has changed now. And that was at the mid season point without knowing how the season would play out. In a week or so we will have all the answers.

Comment

Kyrie is a fuckin snake, he phoned Lebron months ago "apologizing". https://www.nba.com/article/2019/01/...ames-apologize
                    all what he was doing from the back, is teamingup with durant in brooklyn.lets hope lakers get d'lo.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                      Kyrie is a fuckin snake, he phoned Lebron months ago "apologizing". https://www.nba.com/article/2019/01/...ames-apologize
                      all what he was doing from the back, is teamingup with durant in brooklyn.lets hope lakers get d'lo.
                      Malcolm Brogdon wouldn’t be a bad addition either.

Kyrie is and has always been a weird dude. First he didn’t want LeBron to join Cleveland in the summer of ‘14.
                      He wanted it to be his team but had no choice. He was an excellent number 2 and worked really well with LeBron and would have most likely won multiple titles together rather than one had it not been for his injury in ‘15 Finals or Durant free agency shocker of summer of ‘16. He asks out of Cleveland, (which started the narrative that nobody wants to play with LeBron that people were pushing that Anthony Davis put an end to) ends up in a great spot in Boston and basically ruins that team that played better without him. Who knows what’s in his future now. I think he reluctantly has accepted that he is not a number one but rather a number two caliber player internally, And that’s what that apology was probably all about.

Comment

Malcolm Brogdon wouldn’t be a bad addition either.

Kyrie is and has always been a weird dude. First he didn’t want LeBron to join Cleveland in the summer of ‘14.
                        He wanted it to be his team but had no choice. He was an excellent number 2 and worked really well with LeBron and would have most likely won multiple titles together rather than one had it not been for his injury in ‘15 Finals or Durant free agency shocker of summer of ‘16. He asks out of Cleveland, (which started the narrative that nobody wants to play with LeBron that people were pushing that Anthony Davis put an end to) ends up in a great spot in Boston and basically ruins that team that played better without him. Who knows what’s in his future now. I think he reluctantly has accepted that he is not a number one but rather a number two caliber player internally, And that’s what that apology was probably all about.

Celtics were in ECF without him, he ruined Celtics team chemistry. With Kyrie you will never get ball rotation, team basketball.He is 1on 1 player, and he never makes players around him better.Playing next to Lebron masked his playmaking weakness, Lebron was the playmaker. Kyrie is shooting guard in point guard body.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                          Celtics were in ECF without him, he ruined Celtics team chemistry. With Kyrie you will never get ball rotation, team basketball.He is 1on 1 player, and he never makes players around him better.Playing next to Lebron masked his playmaking weakness, Lebron was the playmaker. Kyrie is shooting guard in point guard body.
                          I agree 100%. None of what you say is honestly disputable. He definitely is a score first point guard. And the Celtics over a big 2 year sample size had a better record when he didn’t play. He was totally irrelevant in his early years pre LeBron in Cleveland as well. He played great in the 3 game comeback against the Warriors in ‘16 Finals that definitely played a huge role. Everyone needs support to win, and he hit a big shot in game 7. (Has taken mythical proportions as some kind of game winning buzzer beater when in reality game was tied with 50 seconds left) But he has definitely hurt his image during his Boston tenure and now still young has a chance to still redeem himself.

Comment

Looks like I am gonna get all these right and that was 5 months ago. I am gonna apply for an insiders position.

Comment

I agree 100%. None of what you say is honestly disputable. He definitely is a score first point guard. And the Celtics over a big 2 year sample size had a better record when he didn’t play. He was totally irrelevant in his early years pre LeBron in Cleveland as well. He played great in the 3 game comeback against the Warriors in ‘16 Finals that definitely played a huge role. Everyone needs support to win, and he hit a big shot in game 7. (Has taken mythical proportions as some kind of game winning buzzer beater when in reality game was tied with 50 seconds left) But he has definitely hurt his image during his Boston tenure and now still young has a chance to still redeem himself.my ip birthday wishes tneb

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information