Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning streaks in Euroleague

Hi Guys,

I have searched for EL winning streaks, but since wikipedia is f*cking banned in TR, I can't find it.
    Can somebody help me with the longest winning streaks in the EL?

18 from CSKA, between 2006-2007
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

Longest winning streak
      18 – Russia CSKA Moscow, 2006–07

According to wikipedia.

Comment

I still remember RM's 2013-2014 season, our first loss was the 23rd of January in Moscow (13 consecutives W in EL, 16 in ACB and 2 in Supercup; 31 consecutives W overall). We ended with a Spanish Cup won in the last second (we choked in Milano and in ACB final with HC advantadge).

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
          Longest winning streak
          18 – Russia CSKA Moscow, 2006–07

According to wikipedia.
          Originally posted by kzav View Post
          Thanks both to Oly_fan and kzav, wow! 18...

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
          I still remember RM's 2013-2014 season, our first loss was the 23rd of January in Moscow (13 consecutives W in EL, 16 in ACB and 2 in Supercup; 31 consecutives W overall). We ended with a Spanish Cup won in the last second (we choked in Milano and in ACB final with HC advantadge).
          How sad
          That...was a great team. I remember...

Comment

Originally posted by kzav View Post
            and they could not get the title; lost to PAO in the final.

from the EL website:

CSKA unbeaten from RS round 3 (lost to Pau Orthez) to playoffs' 2nd game (lost to Maccabi), 18 games.

RS: 13-1
            Top16: 6-0
            Playoff: 2-1
            F4: 1-1
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

We have 12 game winning streak and 8 games to come where we have more chance to win then to lose.
              It's interesting statistics but all what matters is title after all

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                We have 12 game winning streak and 8 games to come where we have more chance to win then to lose.
                It's interesting statistics but all what matters is title after all
                I actually think it's better to lose a few games in the RS. Perfect chance for Fener to exercise this option on Feb 28th.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  I actually think it's better to lose a few games in the RS. Perfect chance for Fener to exercise this option on Feb 28th.
                  If winning streak continues until then I have nothing against, 19 is enough

Comment

18 games is crazy cant believe it'll be topped.

Comment

CSKA was a juggernaut in 2007, Langdon, Holden, Papaloukas, Torres, Andersen, Smodis and coach Messina. I don't see any team beating that 18 winning streaks.
                      FENERBAHÇE
                      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

If history has taught me anything Zoc hates winnings streaks. When PAO would go on a +10 game he'd find an indifferent game to experiment heavily. He'd rather stick to his experiment than play the normal way and win.

The reason is he doesnt want his players cocky and looks for excuses to give them an extra grind in training because they lost.

I remember on one occasion after we had lost against Alba Berlin in OAKA (1999 I think. The game was indifferent as PAO already had secured 1st place in the group) and he said "You see. We are not so great as you journalists say. We must work harder to reach the level we should be at"
                        Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                        Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by Cuneyt View Post
                          Hi Guys,

I have searched for EL winning streaks, but since wikipedia is f*cking banned in TR, I can't find it.
                          Can somebody help me with the longest winning streaks in the EL?
                          I don't know if you are aware but you can easily access Wikipedia without the use of any vpn service in Turkey. For example,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenerb....K._(football) can be accessed by adding a 0 in front of the w.

https://en.0wikipedia.org/wiki/Fener....K._(football) directs you to wikizero which is actual wikipedia but updated 6-7 hours later than the original site.

Hope it helps in the future

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                            If history has taught me anything Zoc hates winnings streaks. When PAO would go on a +10 game he'd find an indifferent game to experiment heavily. He'd rather stick to his experiment than play the normal way and win.

The reason is he doesnt want his players cocky and looks for excuses to give them an extra grind in training because they lost.

I remember on one occasion after we had lost against Alba Berlin in OAKA (1999 I think. The game was indifferent as PAO already had secured 1st place in the group) and he said "You see. We are not so great as you journalists say. We must work harder to reach the level we should be at"
                            He did that last Sunday against Banvit
                            I am not sure he will lose in EL on purpose because we are far away from secure anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post

Alain Digbeu basically said the same thing in Turkish BeIN sports. We already have 3 losses in Turkish league, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose one of the games this week.
                              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information