Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spanoulis is easily the worst guard offensively

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Yes, NBA teams will have 70-man rosters like NFL teams.
    Nba had 60 player more in last 2 years, because of 2 way contracts. Just looked at Euroleague rosters, do you see any interesting under 25 players? Bitadze is already gone. Sure, some will return, like Kuzmiskas and Papa1 and Papa2, but that kind of players are hardly interesting. Almost all stars in Europe are 30+. Young future stars or even just solid players are all in the Nba.
    previously known as Beno

Couldn't have picked a worse target, Spanoulis is obviously the best ever and there can be no discussion.
    Man is Oly good this year, they can even afford to rest their best player in the most important minutes of the matches. They’re clear favorites for the title this year.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...m-going-to-do/
    previously known as Beno

Shame, I'd prefer it if we were clear underdogs for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Talking how some still active player is a already a legend is normally not a good sign for his present day playing.

I hope you understand that being Euroleague legend in reality means, you’re far away from the best players from Europe? Which are Dirk, Gasol, Giannis, Sabonis, Drazen, Parker, Kukoc, Peja... The good news is that his records might stay forever, because anybody hall decent ends in Nba nowadays. Basketball in Europe is doomed.
    Llull playing until his lates 30s could surpass Spanoulis in some statics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Llull playing until his lates 30s could surpass Spanoulis in some statics.
    Possible, but not very likely, especially after last years injury. He’s 400 assists and 1.200 points behind and I believe Spanoulis will play another few seasons. He will need to play at least 4 years more and have solid numbers after Spanoulis retire.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 01-10-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Yeah, steals, rebounds and blocks is what I most want from my guard, not points and assists.
    After all, it was easy for Diamantidis to focus on one side of the game when he had others, for example Spanoulis, carry the offence. A better Mantzaris so to speak.
    He led a high-level team offensively for just a couple of seasons, during 10-12, which was the only truly good period of basketball he ever played, doing for a while what Spanoulis has been doing for an entire career.

Let's not kid ourselves, Spanoulis has set himself apart as the best one of his generation (as Blatt said) and historically is on the same tier as Galis, above Diamantidis and Papaloukas.
    Spanoulis was carrying Diamantidis' shows to the game, not the offense. That's why he left.

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Man, get off the crack pipe.

Eurobasketball fans, this is an example of the level of knowledge of the average Oly basketball fan.

ΥΓ Dimitrios "The hammer of Olympiakos" Diamantidis.
    Oly fans were saying that Josh fucking Childress was a bigger player than Dominique Wilkins.

Josh "Cerebral Palsy Jumpshot" Childress.

Can you imagine?

Even Jason Thompson was a better NBA player than Childress.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    ---2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Even Jason Thompson was a better NBA player than Childress.
    That's true. Thompson had a pretty long NBA career.
    I still don't understand the Childress thing. The claim that Olympiacos scouted him dozens of times the previous season and yet STILL thought his game would translate well to Europe (despite his obvious lack of a three point shot) that they spent so much money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Nba had 60 player more in last 2 years, because of 2 way contracts. Just looked at Euroleague rosters, do you see any interesting under 25 players? Bitadze is already gone. Sure, some will return, like Kuzmiskas and Papa1 and Papa2, but that kind of players are hardly interesting. Almost all stars in Europe are 30+. Young future stars or even just solid players are all in the Nba.
    How do you think Teodosic's career in the NBA could have been different if he'd moved to the States much earlier?

He is walking dead right now. He is the weakest link of Oly and provided us a total domination. Thanks oldie , we won easily because of you.

I hope you keep playing and messing Oly up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    That's true. Thompson had a pretty long NBA career.
    I still don't understand the Childress thing. The claim that Olympiacos scouted him dozens of times the previous season and yet STILL thought his game would translate well to Europe (despite his obvious lack of a three point shot) that they spent so much money on him.

How do you think Teodosic's career in the NBA could have been different if he'd moved to the States much earlier?
    Teo needed to go in NBA, when he was 23 to have any kind of chance, because he would have needed to work on his body a lot. But i kinda doubt he is/was that kind of a worker. Smoking and take it easy is his way of life. I don't believe he would have had great NBA career even if he went there early.
    previously known as Beno

Dixon > Spanouls.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    ---2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123