Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spanoulis is easily the worst guard offensively

Default Spanoulis is easily the worst guard offensively

He cant finish alley oops and cant dunk.
    Dogus Balbay is easily the best guard offensively, and can do very nice blocks on the defensive side.

Take me down to the paradise city where the fans are friendly and the girls are pretty.

Welcome to the Jungle.

His Assists/Turnovers rate is 1.6 which makes him 27th among all guards. For comparison even Mike James in 3, De Colo is 2, and Beaubois is 1.8

He shoots 44% in 2pt shots (32th among guards, worse than Calathes(!)) and 37% in 3pt shots (26th among guards).

Yeah, he is terrible.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Yes, you are right, his assists/turnovers rate is terrible, especially during the past 3-4 years. His decisions are not as smart as they used to be.

He is a good player, but not the best I agree.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Fans wars.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Fans wars.
    They are the best, especially those that go international and cross borders.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Couldn't have picked a worse target, Spanoulis is obviously the best ever and there can be no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by oly_fan View Post
    couldn't have picked a worse target, spanoulis is obviously the best ever and there can be no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by drzimtimiesto View Post
    Take me down to the paradise city where the fans are friendly and the girls are pretty.
    Now I made me wanna play some Burnout Paradise City.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Spanoulis is overrated I know.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2016, 2018 Euroleague Final ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Banned

Spanoulis is the cancer of Oly this year amd last year. He used to be a great player but he could understand he is an old and finished player and he should retire. His defence is laughable his shooting percentage are terrible amd Oly is better team without him right now. Some old legends dont accept that they are old and non-profitable sucj as Spanoulis and Navarro

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Spanoulis is overrated I know.
    U no, w/out hines, printezis, dunston...he could not make those assists, those balls would hit some spectator all the time. And people still call him a good guard! I will not even mention about his reckless drives and threes when his team needed a decent game play!

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Couldn't have picked a worse target, Spanoulis is obviously the best ever and there can be no discussion.
    I know if 3D was an olympiakos player he would be the greatest. he played for PAO so... who ever wears the oly jersey is the best ever no discussion. if göksenin köksal played for oly he would be the greatest too...

also vesely sucks in offense despite nailing some step backs and making some assists last night. pretty understandable. he is not also an oly player, worse, he plays for a turkish team! what a loser that vesely is!
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Joke aside, Spanoulis became the all-time first in assists in Greek league after yesterday's game, while he is already first in points scored, first in assists in Euroleague and needs about 200+ points to surpass Navaro in points scored. Of course he is not great for the last couple of years (save for some games when he does his magic and even though I must say that the level of play that he maintains is truly amazing considering his age) but all the above combined with his team accomplishments and clutch moments make him a true legend, arguably Euroleague GOAT.

Please continue

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Joke aside, Spanoulis became the all-time first in assists in Greek league after yesterday's game, while he is already first in points scored, first in assists in Euroleague and needs about 200+ points to surpass Navaro in points scored. Of course he is not great for the last couple of years (save for some games when he does his magic and even though I must say that the level of play that he maintains is truly amazing considering his age) but all the above combined with his team accomplishments and clutch moments make him a true legend, arguably Euroleague GOAT.

Please continue
    Are you saying he is THE GOAT or one of the GOAT's?
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Are you saying he is THE GOAT or one of the GOAT's?
    I said arguably, so I guess one of the few that can be considered as GOAT or THE GOAT according to some people.

If you ask my opinion, talent-wise he is/ was not the better player that has ever played in Euroleague, but all things considered (i.e. skills, mentality, character, work ethic, leadership, accomplishments, records, clutch moments, etc.) he will have GOAT status when he will retire alongside Navaro.

He'll retire as leader in points and assists, without question he's a level above Navarro and everyone else.

PS Because I'm sure that's what is on some people's minds, he's two levels above Diamantidis in particular. We're talking big players here, not second-rate stars.

I agree he is great along with Navarro but neither are greater than Diamantidis that was also the best ever defender the EL ever saw. He's miles ahead than both Spanoulis and Navarro for steals, rebs, blocks and less errors. You don't win 6 consecutive Euroleague defensive player of the year awards for nothing you know. A journalists once said "When 3D plays he's already saved you 10-12 points before the jumpball)

Watch below how 3D played defense on 3 players and came up with the ball and a foul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euvrPCcO8LI

In Greece

Dimitris Diamantidis
    525 games
    4549 points (ave, 8,6)
    1948 rebounds (ave. 3,7)
    785 steals (ave. 1,5)
    2141 assists (ave. 4,0)
    228 blocks (ave. 0,4)
    FT's: 79,1%
    2p: 54,9%
    3p: 39,2%
    Index: 2501

Vasilis Spanoulis
    523 games
    5687 points (ave. 10,9)
    917 rebs (ave. 1,7)
    468 steals (ave.0,9)
    2145 assists (ave. 4,1)
    10 blocks (ave. 0,0)
    ft's: 75,9%
    2p: 52,1%
    3p: 31,4%
    Index: 2190

Euroleague

Dimitris Diamantidis
    278 games
    2495 points (ave. 9,0)
    939 rebs (ave. 3,4)
    434 steals (ave. 1,5)
    1255 assists (ave. 4,5)
    118 blocks (0,4)
    662 errors (ave. 2,4)
    FT's: 79,5%
    2p: 54,0%
    3p: 37,5%
    Index: 3806

Vasilis Spanoulis
    293 games
    3915 points (ave. 13,3)
    566 rebounds (ave. 1,9)
    243 steals (ave. 0,8)
    1367 assists (ave. 4,6)
    6 blocks (ave. 0,01)
    939 errors (ave. 3,2)
    FT's: 78,6%
    2p: 49,2%
    3p: 32,9%
    Index: 3742
    Last edited by EverGreen; 01-08-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    I agree he is great along with Navarro but neither are greater than Diamantidis that was also the best ever defender the EL ever saw. He's miles ahead than both Spanoulis and Navarro for steals, rebs, blocks and less errors.
    Yeah, steals, rebounds and blocks is what I most want from my guard, not points and assists.
    After all, it was easy for Diamantidis to focus on one side of the game when he had others, for example Spanoulis, carry the offence. A better Mantzaris so to speak.
    He led a high-level team offensively for just a couple of seasons, during 10-12, which was the only truly good period of basketball he ever played, doing for a while what Spanoulis has been doing for an entire career.

Let's not kid ourselves, Spanoulis has set himself apart as the best one of his generation (as Blatt said) and historically is on the same tier as Galis, above Diamantidis and Papaloukas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast