Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 16

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    Referees are crazy tonight. What unsportsmanlike foul did they see 6 seconds before the end?!
    And that's why I prefer NBA referees. Sure, Durant stepped out of bounds, but referees allowed players to decide the game

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    And that's why I prefer NBA referees. Sure, Durant stepped out of bounds, but referees allowed players to decide the game
    I see your point but wrong example imo. Not making this call was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    This Pao was somewhat tougher than normal. Lacked scoring ability though. The Pao against CSKA was similar to Pao in OAKA last year. I would give Pitino more time, and I would add a big man as well. Then I would build a new team next year with Pitino. Give the man a chance. Pitino starts to appreciate the Euroleague and the brand of basketball which is being played here. He is starting to understand the gravity of basketball in Europe. At least I got this sentiment from the press conference. If he doesn't get a job in the NBA, he might stay.
    PAO main problem is the owner. He didnt let Pascual work in peace, and I doubt he does with Pitino. You need stability if you want to do something. Laso's first season was horrible (out in TOP16 by Siena and Bilbao), Obradovic also was out in TOP16 in his first season at Fenerbahše.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    PAO main problem is the owner. He didnt let Pascual work in peace, and I doubt he does with Pitino. You need stability if you want to do something. Laso's first season was horrible (out in TOP16 by Siena and Bilbao), Obradovic also was out in TOP16 in his first season at Fenerbahše.
    Very true, there is a problem with the impatience of the owner. But Pascual was at Pao for two years and they were clearly not becoming better. Don't forget that Pascual inherited a Top 8 team, even with Djorjevic and Pedoulakis. Although, ofcourse, they still had Diamantidis. Obradovic had a bigger challenge with Fener as they were not even play off material. But ofcourse, both him and Laso have a huge budget. Pascual didn't, neither does Pitino. That said, I never though Pascual was a bad coach, generally fans in Greece consider him a good coach.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

It's not about the patience. Whoever build the roster is guilty. No C and believing too much in the worst shooter in the Euroleague. Calathes is unplayable at the moment.
    previously known as Beno

True, Killer Bob. I mean, they lost K.C.Rivers (excellent shooter), Singleton, even Gabriel and James were useful and they signed Lasme, two immobile centers, one veteran from China (Langford). Only Papapetrou seems right move for me.

They need one more good center and one more good shooter if they want to compete for f4 in Vitoria.

Chief among their decisions was to more strictly apply an existing rule that defines unsportsmanlike fouls when the defender does not make a play for the ball. The effect of the criteria change will be to better promote fastbreak and transition basketball that is more exciting for the fans.
    "It's going to speed up the game. I think fans love the transition game a lot and want to see the action change sides quickly. This hopefully will stop the game less and we'll have more points and more possessions. I am with it," Sarunas Jasikevicius, the head coach of Zalgiris Kaunas, said.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Chief among their decisions was to more strictly apply an existing rule that defines unsportsmanlike fouls when the defender does not make a play for the ball. The effect of the criteria change will be to better promote fastbreak and transition basketball that is more exciting for the fans.
    "It's going to speed up the game. I think fans love the transition game a lot and want to see the action change sides quickly. This hopefully will stop the game less and we'll have more points and more possessions. I am with it," Sarunas Jasikevicius, the head coach of Zalgiris Kaunas, said.
    Saras is being magnanimous again. In this particular case, the game was lost without the unsportsmanlike foul too, so he probably doesn't have as much pain.

As a fan, who enjoys the thrill more than a barely-made all-alone dunk, I hate this rule, and I don't care if it prevents a fastbreak in the last 10secs. besides, it's applied even when there is no fast-break.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123