Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBN 2018 Year-End Wishlist

Default IBN 2018 Year-End Wishlist

It's that time of the year again, and what better way to end 2018 than to post our wishes for Philippine basketball for 2019?

Let me kick off this list:

1) A sweep of the next two qualifying games vs Qatar and Kazakhstan to get us into our second straight FIBA World Cup.
    2) An in-form Andray Blatche to anchor the qualifying team and the team at the World Cup. This should be his last hurrah -- and what a fitting end to his international career.
    3) FIBA recognition of Jordan Clarkson as a local player.
    4) Kai Sotto finally signing with a team abroad. I'm more of an FC Barcelona fan, but if he goes to Real Madrid, why the hell not?
    5) AJ Edu making it to the NCAA Tournament with Toledo.
    6) Sotto and Edu leading the U-19 team to the knockout stages of the FIBA U-19 World Cup.
    7) Another steady point guard for the U-19 team. One cannot have too many Panopio-type players.
    8) Coach Tab finally coaching the U-19 team (and maybe the World Cup team too).
    9) Another UP-Ateneo UAAP Finals series.
    10) A successful SEA Games, with an all-college/HS core (Thirdy Ravena, Juan Gomez de Liano, CJ Cansino, Kai Sotto, Matt Nieto, Isaac Go, Justine Baltazar, Leonard Santillan, Justin Gutang, Arvin Tolentino, Ken Tuffin, maybe a young naturalized big) demolishing the rest of SEABA and proving that the Philippines is still light-years ahead of the competition.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Keep running, big boy.

1. 23 for 23 squad should start training next year
    2. we qualify for 2019 World Cup
    3. Our u16 team will qualify for 2020 u17 world cup
    4. A “champion" team in Champions Cup
    5. Kai Sotto Will play for Spanish Team
    6. A Decent finish for our u19 squad
    7. A quality team for Club tournaments in Macau
    8. We qualify for 3x3 olympics
    9. A quality 3x3 team in both u18 and seniors
    10. a quality 3x3 pro tour team
    11. An experience coach for 23 for 23 (TAB)
    12. We find a gem of a Wing fil-foreign player
    13. Womens team should stay in Level 1 Competition
    14. Womens Semi Pro League
    Last edited by Silent Killer; 12-25-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Lightbulb

Hoping that the NAASCU, NCRAA, ISAA, UCBL and UCSAA continue their rise in 2019.

http://servssports.wordpress.com

Hoping for an ABL-PBA merger. PBA is getting boring and we know it is only 4-5 teams competitive and the rest are mere pawns.

Kai Sotto is our modern big, can shoot the perimeter, post and at this stage with decent handles, hope he continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bones View Post
    Hoping for an ABL-PBA merger. PBA is getting boring and we know it is only 4-5 teams competitive and the rest are mere pawns.

Kai Sotto is our modern big, can shoot the perimeter, post and at this stage with decent handles, hope he continues to improve.
    I think you can request it to the powers it be.. buy ABL.. let the Jerico Ilagan's group have positions in the league.PBA has also had good partnership in asia league group in macau making them one good backer to lure the top kbl cba sbl and b league teams to form the asia league. I already saw carlo p and jutt sulit covering non alab abl games together with noel zarate. They are very qualified to handle english broadcast of the games to cater western(asian americans/europeans) market. Although you need fiba asia's blessing to lure the west asian teams as it is handled by hagop kadirjans group very well. Unless we do west asia and east asia conference thing and yes east asia together with aus and nz will be very loaded.
    Last edited by reamily; 12-25-2018 at 02:40 AM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

No more discriminatory tag to our fil foreigners... imagine them.being tagged as one and we didnt marginalized them as one 20 years ago.. I hate hearing one comment that these fil ams are not fit to be naturalized players come on the proper term is we wouldnt do it with all filipino line up..

-Kai Sotto to study abroad
    -Toledo to be part of march madness at least reaching round of 32 with Edu being a contributor
    -Coach TAB to handle our national basketball program
    -Qualify to Fiba World Cup 2019
    -Win some major international basketball tournaments
    -For PBA to have a 2 conference format, 1 all Filipino and the other is unlimited hiring meaning if a team want to put a 12 men foreign African team then so be it.
    -For PBA to consider exploring the MBA format
    -For African college import to be allowed to be drafted in PBA
    -Cleveland to make the playoffs
    -A Women's Pro Basketball League
    -A bigger and more prestigious Palarong Pambansa supported by the government and be televised all over the country. This can serve as a source of talent not just for basketball but also for other sports in general.

More 6'3 perimeter primary players in high school
    No zone defense in high school
    Clarkson as a local for WC
    AJ gets to play in 2019 WC
    NZ NBTC team makes the quarters
    4 new Kiwi college offers
    6 9 recruit signs with college team
    1 recruit for u16 Batang Gilas
    School team makes Nationals and quarters
    Tab appointed to U19 wc and 23 for 2
    No more complaining about U16 riule
    Establish quick processing of passport for u16 fil foreigners
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Sorry. You won't get that wish

Just kidding

Happy New Year to everyone
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    It's that time of the year again, and what better way to end 2018 than to post our wishes for Philippine basketball for 2019?

Let me kick off this list:

1) A sweep of the next two qualifying games vs Qatar and Kazakhstan to get us into our second straight FIBA World Cup.
    2) An in-form Andray Blatche to anchor the qualifying team and the team at the World Cup. This should be his last hurrah -- and what a fitting end to his international career.
    3) FIBA recognition of Jordan Clarkson as a local player.
    4) Kai Sotto finally signing with a team abroad. I'm more of an FC Barcelona fan, but if he goes to Real Madrid, why the hell not?
    5) AJ Edu making it to the NCAA Tournament with Toledo.
    6) Sotto and Edu leading the U-19 team to the knockout stages of the FIBA U-19 World Cup.
    7) Another steady point guard for the U-19 team. One cannot have too many Panopio-type players.
    8) Coach Tab finally coaching the U-19 team (and maybe the World Cup team too).
    9) Another UP-Ateneo UAAP Finals series.
    10) A successful SEA Games, with an all-college/HS core (Thirdy Ravena, Juan Gomez de Liano, CJ Cansino, Kai Sotto, Matt Nieto, Isaac Go, Justine Baltazar, Leonard Santillan, Justin Gutang, Arvin Tolentino, Ken Tuffin, maybe a young naturalized big) demolishing the rest of SEABA and proving that the Philippines is still light-years ahead of the competition.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Very same wishes bro, specially your No. 1 wish.

But we should not only wish, we should pray that those wishes will materialize.

Happy New Year bro
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Blatche, Douthit, Fajardo, Aguilar, Taulava, Slaughter, Sotto, Edu, Balingit with the whole PSL League in a full on orgy. In 25 years we will be challenging Team USA for the Olympic gold. That tops my wishlist.

Other wishes.
    Tab as Gillas program head.
    Ethan Kirkness develops well and beomes a Philippine Shaq.
    UP Ateneo in the Uaap finals with Toroman coaching UP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I for one is guilty on notbaccepting the u16 rule but my reason is that sbp and the institutions uaap ncaa and pba doesnt respect it... If i had a wish is to that all players playing in pba should be fiba eligible but it will take time and lot of panghihinayang to make it happen..

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    6-9 recruit is Laput playing one and done in UP..

How tall is the U16 player?

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    6-9 recruit is Laput playing one and done in UP..

How tall is the U16 player?
    Huh?

6 4
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

How about our womens team? the 3x3 squad? We need also focus in this one? not only on men's and junior's side only!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    How about our womens team? the 3x3 squad? We need also focus in this one? not only on men's and junior's side only!!!!
    It was already stated by the thread starterand early posts... I think the drive for 2020 olympucs is for 3x3 not in 5v5 as we have potential to beat guys in this level..

I wish the PBA would regularly send the best team to the FIBA Asia Champions Cup. Para more exposure for our clubs, not just the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    It was already stated by the thread starterand early posts... I think the drive for 2020 olympucs is for 3x3 not in 5v5 as we have potential to beat guys in this level..
    How about the women's team!! Is there a chance to get their own naturalized player? their preparations?

Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    I wish the PBA would regularly send the best team to the FIBA Asia Champions Cup. Para more exposure for our clubs, not just the NT.
    Hopefully the Asian region creates a Euro league type premier tournament, where the best pro teams. In domestic competition compete, the PBA eventually SHOULD. just be a minor semi pro league, with 3 legit real competitive teams whose main goal is to win title In the region not simply to win PBA conference championships

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    How about the women's team!! Is there a chance to get their own naturalized player? their preparations?
    Dioceldo Sy the backer of the NU womens team had a iron clad hold in womens basketball... Hopefully they finally ghot the breakthrough gold in sea games and never lose our div. 1 status.. This team is in much dire need of naturalized reinforcement than our mens team..

Wala nag wish ng Sweep sa SEAG games basketball?

ala china in Asian Games?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast