FIBA Asia 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIBA Asia 2021

FIBA Asia 2021 qualification starts in Nov 2019 (6 games, 3 windows 'Nov2019, Feb2020, Nov2020').

12 teams from west and central Asia will be divided in 4 groups and the top 2 from each qualify directly while the 3rd play against 3rds from the other group... , according to the fiba ranking the pots should be as following (same applies for east Asia and Oceania, 12 teams divided into 4 groups etc..):

Pot 1
    Lebanon
    Iran
    Jordan

Pot 2
    Qatar
    India
    Khazakhstan

Pot 3
    Iraq
    Syria
    Palestine

Pot 4
    Saudi Arabia
    Bahrain
    Sri Lanka

We are in group with Bahrain, India and Iraq. I would play this games without naturalized player. Save money.

Comment

Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
      We are in group with Bahrain, India and Iraq. I would play this games without naturalized player. Save money.
      Lebanon too many underutilized "talent" maximize exposure without naturalized player and develop and after that evaluate and naturalize a quality player to fill the need.. imo for now still a "big" a scoring one who can impose his presence in 2 ways (majok is a weak offensivbe player)
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

How is Ahmad Ibrahim now? Haven't seen him in a while, I am not sure if he was on the 2017 Asia Cup team.
        Originally posted by gideon
        Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
          How is Ahmad Ibrahim now? Haven't seen him in a while, I am not sure if he was on the 2017 Asia Cup team.
          He is playing for Homentmen in the Lebanese premier pro league averaging impressive stats: https://basketball.asia-basket.com/t...ut/2682?Page=3

Ibrahim looked very promising some years ago. I even saw him as Fadi El Khatib's heir apparent. Don't know why he has hardly gotten a crack in the Lebanese National team in the recent FIBA games & tournaments.

BTW, why is it that Lebanese posters no longer post in the Lebanese threads? What happened to those posters?
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Unfortunately, our league stopped because we are having a "revolution" and we're having a big crisis. Maybe the league will start again in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
              Unfortunately, our league stopped because we are having a "revolution" and we're having a big crisis. Maybe the league will start again in January.
              Sad to hear that sir. Hope the crisis will be resolved & your pro league will resume soon. Happy New Year bros & peace be with you
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post

Totally got cancelled, as corona virus followed. So no basketball played in Lebanon since October 2019. It will return in November 2020, for season 2020-2021.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information