Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 PBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    does lawrence domingo count? He plays big but only 6'5 at best
    hes a slasher who always likes to do reverse layups and hes quick for a 6'5.he can be a good import stopper and hes very masipag for his own good. if you watched last game he got called for unsportsmanlike or flagrant foul for a block attempt almost got another one for another block attempt but those are not meant to hurt the other players. hes not afraid of big imports and doesnt get discouraged by calls.

Quote Originally Posted by watiwawa View Post
    Troy Rike, Isaac Go, Taylor Statham, Larry Muyang, Jeo Ambohot?
    oh wow. so deep. baka dadami naa naman mawawalan nang trabaho sa pba next draft.hehe. sa bagay meron naman MPBL.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by wafable View Post
    hes a slasher who always likes to do reverse layups and hes quick for a 6'5.he can be a good import stopper and hes very masipag for his own good. if you watched last game he got called for unsportsmanlike or flagrant foul for a block attempt almost got another one for another block attempt but those are not meant to hurt the other players. hes not afraid of big imports and doesnt get discouraged by calls.
    He's a 6'5" PF, but one that was raised and trained in a country where 4s and 5s are bigger than him. So he knows how to get buckets in the paint against taller players. He's mastered the reverse layup and kissing the ball high off the glass. And he doesn't get discouraged or surprised when his shot is blocked-- he expects at least some of his shots to be blocked so he's ready to recover the ball after the block or get the offensive rebound and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    He's a 6'5" PF, but one that was raised and trained in a country where 4s and 5s are bigger than him. So he knows how to get buckets in the paint against taller players. He's mastered the reverse layup and kissing the ball high off the glass. And he doesn't get discouraged or surprised when his shot is blocked-- he expects at least some of his shots to be blocked so he's ready to recover the ball after the block or get the offensive rebound and try again.
    And even tho undersized, he competes with 2 big imports every game including 7'5 deguara. Totally different from drafting a 6'4 pf from uaap/ncaa. He'll be very good if goes to a team with a lot of shooters like phx or tnt

This is why I think SMB is taking a risk giving their 1st round picks for 2019 and 2020 for Romeo. These drafts will be very deep. They need to stock up on youth they have to to trade for a high pick the 2019 draft to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    And even tho undersized, he competes with 2 big imports every game including 7'5 deguara. Totally different from drafting a 6'4 pf from uaap/ncaa. He'll be very good if goes to a team with a lot of shooters like phx or tnt
    Something I notice about our midget bigs in international play. They're genuinely surprised and get scared when they get blocked. Undersized bigs that trained abroad like Domingo and Standhardinger expect to be blocked several times and have developed an aggressive, pit bull-like attitude that makes them recover quickly and go up for 2nd and even 3rd attempts.

Something I notice about our midget bigs in international play. They're genuinely surprised and get scared when they get blocked. Undersized bigs that trained abroad like Domingo and Standhardinger expect to be blocked several times and have developed an aggressive, pit bull-like attitude that makes them recover quickly and go up for 2nd and even 3rd attempts.
    Yep the moment they get blocked, they are already chasing the rebound. And you usually draw fouls on 2nd attempts since the defender is not yet in proper position.
    When locals get blocked, iniisip nalang babawian ko ito mamya. Which usually means a bad shot attempt

I hope Justine Baltazar enters this draft class. He is going to be a lottery pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLh...um2lIgU8g6WsVU

Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post
    I hope Justine Baltazar enters this draft class. He is going to be a lottery pick.

well he should be so that ginebra and smb draft picks would have real value..and for teams like meralco to pick a decent big without tanking..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Up...

playing in the pba d leage and being compared to Chris Ross.This kid can jump.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Here's me hoping that the big men will end up with yeng

If he join the draft, I expect him on the top pick (top 3), I will not surprise if he is the number 1, he is the reincarnation of the real beast, Rudy Hatfield 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post

Is he allowed to? Hasn't played a PBADL game

My prediction for top 5
    1 Munzon
    2 Ravena
    3 Domingo
    4 Pasaol
    5 Go

The future 2019 and 2020 drafts will have much taller players i expect

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    My prediction for top 5
    1 Munzon
    2 Ravena
    3 Domingo
    4 Pasaol
    5 Go

The future 2019 and 2020 drafts will have much taller players i expect
    domingo won't be eligible until next year (hasn't played in d league).

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    domingo won't be eligible until next year (hasn't played in d league).
    There might still be a conference in the D-League this year when he can play later...All he needs to complete is 7 games...

Fil-Foreigners need to complete 7 games in the DLeague to be eligible for the PBA.

6''6" Ben Adamos I think might be eligible. Played 2 years at TIP. Then 2 years at San Beda. And will suit up for Perpetual this season.

Mapua's 6'6 Christian Bunag and Letran's 6'6 Christian Fajarito have 2 playing years left in the NCAA.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    oh wow. so deep. baka dadami naa naman mawawalan nang trabaho sa pba next draft.hehe. sa bagay meron naman MPBL.
    Potential busts as well, big men in the amateurs have a hard time making it in the PBA

Up...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast