Jan Vesely
    0%
    Vincent Poirier
    0%
    Other
    0%

Originally posted by Oly_fan
    Davies is the best center in Europe.
    Because he played great last year against Oly?

Gudaitis is much better rebounder and rim protector. Has 2x more blocks, 2x steals. Davies is better only in points, but that’s only because he plays more and has much higher usage. Gudaitis would have been offensive monster, if he had played with Spanoulis, Calathes or Teodosic. James just doesn’t know how to feed him with balls.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post

Gudaitis is much better rebounder and rim protector. Has 2x more block, 2x steals. Davies is better only in points, but that’s only because he plays more and have 10% points higher usage. Gudaitis would have been offensive monster, if he had played with Spanoulis, Calathes or Teodosic.
      Davies had a 27-10-4 game against Armani just last week. His usage is greater because he can actually create his shot and doesn't depend on offensive rebounding and being fed the ball. He can dance in offence and he's a better perimeter defender.

Gudaitis is really good but Davies is simply the better player.

Comment

Last game 35 index ranking.
        Game before that - 39.
        Average 18-19.

Just to point it out that last year was not the last time he posted numbers as your post sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
          Davies had a 27-10-4 game against Armani just last week. His usage is greater because he can actually create his shot and doesn't depend on offensive rebounding and being fed the ball. He can dance in offence and he's a better perimeter defender.

Gudaitis is really good but Davies is simply the better player.
          Zalgiris has prepared plays for him. Armani hasn’t anything for Gudaitis, actually Armani doesn’t have prepared anything at all, except some shots for Micov. I agree that he’s better perimeter defender. Gudaitis looks like having 15 kg more.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
            Last game 35 index ranking.
            Game before that - 39.
            Average 18-19.

Just to point it out that last year was not the last time he posted numbers as your post sounds.

I was talking with Oly fan, that’s why I said that, because he really killed them last year. Maybe you should look too Gudaitis’s numbers too? Which are even more impressive knowing who his Pg is.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Though the outcome of the debate between Gudaitis vs. Davies would satisfy me if it went either way, because Gudaitis is lithuanian and Davies is from Lithuanian team, I gotta say Davies is better overall player in this modern game. Just the abiity to switch and have his own against BEST perimeter players, makes him great. Just look at what he did today switching to Spanoulis. TOTAL SHUTDOWN. Show me anoter player as dominant in the post with the same ability to guard perimeter. THERE ARE NONE.
              Though Gudaitis is awesome in his own way - I am really glad for him. And to remind you, he left Zalgiris few years ago, because he wanted to play PF and Zalgiris would have none of it. Guess he settled to just being C and dominant at that.

Comment

I was talking with Oly fan, that’s why I said that, because he really killed them last year. Maybe you should look too Gudaitis’s numbers too? Which are even more impressive knowing who his Pg is.
                Why should I look at Gudaitis numbers? Did I say that his numbers were bad? Did I say that his numbers were worse than Davies?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                  Why should I look at Gudaitis numbers? Did I say that his numbers were bad? Did I say that his numbers were worse than Davies?
                  so what’s your problem? I said that Gudaitis is better than Davies, nothing else.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
                    Though the outcome of the debate between Gudaitis vs. Davies would satisfy me if it went either way, because Gudaitis is lithuanian and Davies is from Lithuanian team, I gotta say Davies is better overall player in this modern game. Just the abiity to switch and have his own against BEST perimeter players, makes him great. Just look at what he did today switching to Spanoulis. TOTAL SHUTDOWN. Show me anoter player as dominant in the post with the same ability to guard perimeter. THERE ARE NONE.
                    Though Gudaitis is awesome in his own way - I am really glad for him. And to remind you, he left Zalgiris few years ago, because he wanted to play PF and Zalgiris would have none of it. Guess he settled to just being C and dominant at that.
                    Modern big should be rim protector, Davies is not. It’s true that Gudaitis is not good enough perimeter defender. Davies could be great Pf, if he could shoot for 3. He’s not really a C.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

Modern big should be rim protector, Davies is not. It’s true that Gudaitis is not good enough perimeter defender. Davies could be great Pf, if he could shoot for 3. He’s not really a C.
                      funny that you mention that.
                      Actually, Modern Big should be able to shoot 3s. Which Davies CAN. But Saras does not allow him to do this He's got extremely soft shot from long 2. He played like C last season, between seasons in that NBA-like friendly summer league and now.

Brandon is just more versatile.
                      <-link to video
                      http://bit.ly/bg3272
                      http://bit.ly/dnTPE7

Comment

Originally posted by yessuz View Post
                        funny that you mention that.
                        Actually, Modern Big should be able to shoot 3s. Which Davies CAN. But Saras does not allow him to do this He's got extremely soft shot from long 2. He played like C last season, between seasons in that NBA-like friendly summer league and now.

Brandon is just more versatile.
                        sure modern big should shoot for 3, but firstly he should be a rim protector, Davies is not and he cannot shoot for 3 either.
                        Checkout the latest stats of Brandon Davies. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, shoots, school and more on Basketball-Reference.com

He’s good enough C. for Europe, where nowadays almost anybody plays a C. It’s similar like Randolph was in Lokomotiv, but Randolph is a better 3 point shooter.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

Going by blocks the only actual rim protector in Europe is Tavares and he's definitely neither 'a modern center' nor anywhere near to the top centers.
                          The better way to see who's protecting the rim is by seeing opponents' field goal when marked by that person. I don't know the specifics on Gudaitis but Armani's defence in general doesn't seem too hot. Anything but.

Davies is the better player but Killer Bob can spend months arguing he isn't against all reason so what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                            Going by blocks the only actual rim protector in Europe is Tavares and he's definitely neither 'a modern center' nor anywhere near to the top centers.
                            The better way to see who's protecting the rim is by seeing opponents' field goal when marked by that person. I don't know the specifics on Gudaitis but Armani's defence in general doesn't seem too hot. Anything but.

Davies is the better player but Killer Bob can spend months arguing he isn't against all reason so what's the point?
                            I just wonder, why that good C came in Europe? Oh wait, maybe because he was Pf, who couldn’t shoot. Just watch, when Davies goes somewhere else, where he won’t get 30% usage. And we will see Pangos story repeated again.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

sure modern big should shoot for 3, but firstly he should be a rim protector, Davies is not and he cannot shoot for 3 either.
                              Checkout the latest stats of Brandon Davies. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, shoots, school and more on Basketball-Reference.com

He’s good enough C. for Europe, where nowadays almost anybody plays a C. It’s similar like Randolph was in Lokomotiv, but Randolph is a better 3 point shooter.
                              Hines, Hunter, Slaughter, Tyus, Dunston - some examples of modern undersized C. Neither of them have shooting ability, they are fast and athletic players with luck of any kind of ball handling.

Randolph has nothing to do with this. He is very tall forward, not a center. He does not attack the basket with center technique, only after some penetration, with his three point shots or after ofenssive rebounds.
                              Last edited by markkanen; 12-07-2018, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information