Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Nbtc 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    can he take the risk?

other question, does the nonoy family have $$$?

remember arvin tolentino was offered a try out by duke blue devils but he declined due to $$$ issues
    It’s honestly unrealistic for him to play in the states given lack of exposure and of course money issues. Not to mention distance. It’s why the Batang Gilas having really good youth teams is important. The more exposure kids get to international scouts the more they’ll be interested. As a result the more they might visit. The nba is now focused on developing basketball in Africa because so much talent is coming out of their. If the Philippines continues to prove itself at an international level then exposure will come. But identifying talent at a wider scale and getting talent not available in Manila needs to get better. I feel like a lot of talent is getting left behind because they aren’t able to make it to Manila, Nonoy basically just came out of nowhere and dominated the jrs. immediately and I suspect that there are other kids that’ll be coming out of the woodwork in the future.

The reason I was actually very excited about Nonoy in the first place was because he reminded me of this guy
    https://youtu.be/H2F6d1-_kf8

Also 5’9 plays d1 in the states but watching how good he was in Fiba against teams like China, if the Philippines has more players like him height would really matter.

Nonoy can go to dleague if hes feeling adventureous, but yeah, the NBA isnt very supportive of the NCAA as of late due to the controversies surrounding it

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    The reason I was actually very excited about Nonoy in the first place was because he reminded me of this guy
    https://youtu.be/H2F6d1-_kf8

Also 5’9 plays d1 in the states but watching how good he was in Fiba against teams like China, if the Philippines has more players like him height would really matter.
    Daniel Sackey! Nice find. He's from my hometown Winnipeg, Canada. Moved to a Prep School in the US(then another in Canada) and eventually signed with Valpo D1 NCAA US. Super quick, athletic (won 2018 BioSteel All-Canadian Game Slam Dunk Contest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFk_E__25BI ).
    Sorry for the OT mods!

Thumbs up Phenom NBTC 24 2019-2020

THE NATIONAL Basketball Training Center (NBTC) has found a new partner in Phenom Sportswear as they launch the Phenom NBTC 24, a comprehensive program geared towards finding and recognizing 24 of the best Filipino high school players. The chosen 24 will get the chance to play in the next NBTC All-Star Game as part of the 2020 NBTC National Finals set for March, 2020. READ MORE

I suggested a Fil foreigner version of top 24. But failed to get traction, for sure alot of recommendations would come from IBN
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516