No announcement yet.

Nbtc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont really think hes that athletic judging from his jumps as you notice he dosen't actually get too much hangtime, he definetely benefits from the length he has though. Hes got potential though to increase that athletic ability.

Comment

• I know hes not exactly a favorite here but im really not fond of podrigao, boys got some attitude issues... i remember him provoking one of the filams in the nbtc all star game. He had to be seperated by his teammate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
        I know hes not exactly a favorite here but im really not fond of podrigao, boys got some attitude issues... i remember him provoking one of the filams in the nbtc all star game. He had to be seperated by his teammate.
        Yup I also so that... he really gets the xpac heat here in ibn..
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
          I dont really think hes that athletic judging from his jumps as you notice he dosen't actually get too much hangtime, he definetely benefits from the length he has though. Hes got potential though to increase that athletic ability.
          I agree not much hang time but those arms are long. He dunks with ease. I haven't seen a home grown player with this high of height to wingspan. Well maybe, Abueva, 6'1 to 6'6 IRC. But with his wingspan he can be SF internationally. If he transitions to SF. Hope his coach doesn't have a bright idea of letting him bulk-up and play exclusively in the paint.

Comment

• I just hope these prospects are not only developing and focusing with dunks but keen on learning the basics or fundamentals...

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
              I know hes not exactly a favorite here but im really not fond of podrigao, boys got some attitude issues... i remember him provoking one of the filams in the nbtc all star game. He had to be seperated by his teammate.

The "Hairboy"thinks its swagger but he went over the top,well at least we hope we don't see him in major international tournaments in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilWelsh View Post
                I just hope these prospects are not only developing and focusing with dunks but keen on learning the basics or fundamentals...
                Focusing on dunks? I haven't seen any of our teens dunk in any international games except Kai.

Comment

• Originally posted by kamokamo View Post
                  Focusing on dunks? I haven't seen any of our teens dunk in any international games except Kai.
                  seems like Kai and AJ are the only ones

Comment

• Saw kihei clark doing well in us ncaa.. and mainstream pinoys still believes that uaap guards are far behind... hindi na exposure na lang on the gomez de lianos nietos and co...

And boy nbtc becoming a successful feeder program for Phil..basketball
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                      Saw kihei clark doing well in us ncaa.. and mainstream pinoys still believes that uaap guards are far behind... hindi na exposure na lang on the gomez de lianos nietos and co...

Yeah, seing Clark given the starting pg and heavy minutes because of what he brings to the team, I wonder if a bansot nonoy would succeed in usncaa div1 if he has the qualities of clark plus the already explosive offensive game that he (nonoy) has. I know there are lots of bansot ballers in the us who are better than nonoy, just wondering the what if if the kid is given the chance

Comment

• Just learned that Clark was highly recruited coming out of HS. UCLA had him in its radar, and he already signed with UC Davis for the 2018-2019 season, but he decommited to enroll in Virginia.
                        Last edited by Dotch; 04-09-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          Saw kihei clark doing well in us ncaa.. and mainstream pinoys still believes that uaap guards are far behind... hindi na exposure na lang on the gomez de lianos nietos and co...

The NBTC scouts are the real MVP :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
                            Yeah, seing Clark given the starting pg and heavy minutes because of what he brings to the team, I wonder if a bansot nonoy would succeed in usncaa div1 if he has the qualities of clark plus the already explosive offensive game that he (nonoy) has. I know there are lots of bansot ballers in the us who are better than nonoy, just wondering the what if if the kid is given the chance
                            Nonoy has d1 level athleticism but I don’t know if his game right now would translate since he hasn’t played against that kind of competition before.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                              Nonoy has d1 level athleticism but I don’t know if his game right now would translate since he hasn’t played against that kind of competition before.
                              Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
                              can he take the risk?

other question, does the nonoy family have $$$?

remember arvin tolentino was offered a try out by duke blue devils but he declined due to $$$ issues
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                                can he take the risk?

other question, does the nonoy family have $$$?

remember arvin tolentino was offered a try out by duke blue devils but he declined due to $$$ issues
                                It’s honestly unrealistic for him to play in the states given lack of exposure and of course money issues. Not to mention distance. It’s why the Batang Gilas having really good youth teams is important. The more exposure kids get to international scouts the more they’ll be interested. As a result the more they might visit. The nba is now focused on developing basketball in Africa because so much talent is coming out of their. If the Philippines continues to prove itself at an international level then exposure will come. But identifying talent at a wider scale and getting talent not available in Manila needs to get better. I feel like a lot of talent is getting left behind because they aren’t able to make it to Manila, Nonoy basically just came out of nowhere and dominated the jrs. immediately and I suspect that there are other kids that’ll be coming out of the woodwork in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information