Thread: Nbtc 2019

Default Nbtc 2019

seems like another good NBTC tourney next year with CTG as its new sponsor.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/jayle...a2437-20181208
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    seems like another good NBTC tourney next year with CTG as its new sponsor.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/jayle...a2437-20181208
    This is great news. I am tempted to field a team from Winnipeg. But my hands are full with many projects. Quality-wise, Vancouver should be fine, and of course most are familiar with Ontario/Toronto Pinoy ballers but I really feel that us from central Canada are always underrated(Canada-wise anyway). We currently have 4 Pinoys playing highest level Canadian University(even more playing Canadian Junior College level), a player who is 3rd in scoring on their NCAA Div I college team in the U.S. and in the grade-school level we were the only city in Canada that had MVP's at the North Pole Hoops Showcase that were both Filipino(underclassmen MVP & upperclassmen MVP). Haha wow sorry for the semi-rant. I drank too much coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by rzr_390 View Post
    This is great news. I am tempted to field a team from Winnipeg. But my hands are full with many projects. Quality-wise, Vancouver should be fine, and of course most are familiar with Ontario/Toronto Pinoy ballers but I really feel that us from central Canada are always underrated(Canada-wise anyway). We currently have 4 Pinoys playing highest level Canadian University(even more playing Canadian Junior College level), a player who is 3rd in scoring on their NCAA Div I college team in the U.S. and in the grade-school level we were the only city in Canada that had MVP's at the North Pole Hoops Showcase that were both Filipino(underclassmen MVP & upperclassmen MVP). Haha wow sorry for the semi-rant. I drank too much coffee!
    This is a serious offer, if you have any really promising high school pinoys in your area that you know off,, especialy tall players (6' 3' above) , i'll put him in my team ( New Zealand) , aside from exposure he's going to get coaching from the best mind in Pinoy basketball
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    This is a serious offer, if you have any really promising high school pinoys in your area that you know off,, especialy tall players (6' 3' above) , i'll put him in my team ( New Zealand) , aside from exposure he's going to get coaching from the best mind in Pinoy basketball
    may get collegiate offers too.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    We have 1 bonafide excellent high school player(entering Freshman in High School(Grade 9)) that I can truly vouch for(however I've only been watching Class of 2023/24 players this year so I don't know much about 2022-2020 players) but I'm pretty sure his parents or him would not be interested in playing in the NBTC because his focus is U.S. NCAA Div I and his pathway is halfway set; he is likely to move out of province to a real prep school next year to face better competition. Apparently a few prep schools are interested already. Their goal is U.S. NCAA Div I or bust. Oh this kid is a combo guard, so I'm sure you have many of those lol. And I embarrassingly don't know of any high school bigs that are 6'3" or over... hopefully because I have yet to focus on Grades 10/11/12 kids. But I fear even when I do, those will be scarce at the moment in our city because I only see Filipino guards on the elite club teams I've very briefly watched.

Like you've mentioned in the Filipino players in the U.S. thread, most of these kids are aiming for the U.S. NCAA Div I or U Sports(Canadian University) routes. Once those are achieved(or not) and they can't find pro/semi-pro work abroad, that's when they head to the Philippines to try their luck.

Regardless it would be a good experience basketball-wise, and who knows, some may change their mind and head to a Philippine College. But just like how there's been chatter of Philippine-born prospects experiencing homesickness, this would be a big factor for Fil-Foreigners preferring to play near home or at least being a single airplane flight away from home.

We'll see about 2020. There will be a few major hurdles: convincing parents this is a good idea/letting their kid go, convincing the kid this is worthwhile, costs, sponsorships, fundraising. Again, we'll see. Personally, I want to!

Opportunity isn't limited to. Playing college in the Philippines, but we're seriously looking for U16 Batang Gilas prospects, so a Canadian can do the Wright path, no pun intended.
    Also that mind I was referring to is the coach runored to be the next BG coach, hint hint
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Will there be a team coming from Europe since there are a lot of expats coming from that place.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Will there be a team coming from Europe since there are a lot of expats coming from that place.
    you should try and read the link posted on the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Italy