Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 232 of 232

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 11

  1. #221
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    I agree. Thompson was a risk and it didn't work. The easiness of China league completely destroyed that man as a basketball player.

    Lauvergne is not only an NBA player like him, he had an experience in the Euroleague before, it was a safe bet. The things could've been different if we had Lauvergne instead of Thompson on the 2018 final .
    Lauvergne - Thompson difference is such obvious and easy to notice.
    But that doesn't have anything with better ball movement and much better percentages of the whole team compared to last season.
    Last F4 could be different of course if Lauvergne was with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    There is not many players same quality as Nunnaly. He is one of the best 3 pt shooters of all euroleague history.

  2. #222
    Senior Member Paganist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Стамбул
    Posts
    146
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post


    Real without Doncic is still big candidate for title but not dominant as last season or better say last F4. .
    Real was not dominant last year, it’s a kind of myth which everybody believe in. They won the title but domination is something else.

  3. #223
    Senior Member Paganist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Стамбул
    Posts
    146
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    Main reason of our improvement is Lauvergne-Thompson change. He is top level big man , Thompson doenst even look like a basketball player. Another important reason is Kalinic's return. He is one of key of our toughness at away games.
    Plus Boby Dixon..

  4. #224
    Senior Member jonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,333
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    For instance, those who are impressed with Baskonia's win over CSKA, simply don't pay attention that the winning team just closely escaped a defeat from a team in which one crucial player was missing and two best offensive players happened to get only 5 points, which is a rare occurence for both of them at the same time for sure. In the F4 we'll see smth absolutely different than we see now.
    So you see, yesterday's win was really great and extremly significant for Baskonia, but for CSKA their loss was nothing special.
    Ok, so we could say that if Alec Peters plays "more normal", Baskonia would have won the game in the halftime.

    Examples like yours are in all the games. I can say similar things about our defeats vs Fenerbahce, Milano or Efes, all of them winnable games, but it's a non sense, here some non sense examples:

    Baskonia lost in Milano because Shengelia did a 0/6 FT (first time in his career) and Granger (an starter) was injured.

    Baskonia lost vs Efes in Istanbul because the team had 20 turnovers (a lot), and because Poirier and Shengelia only scored 12 points, normally they score 25 per game.

    Baskonia lost vs Fenerbahce (by 2), because the 18% in 3 points (Fenerbahce had a 40%), it is not normal to have such bad percentages.

    We could say similar bullshit about every game.

    Baskonia played a great game, a great defense. CSKA without Chacho won in Madrid, and without Clyburn they played a tough game at 100%.

    If Baskonia would have play with this intensity other easier games, the team would be with 2 or 3 wins more easily.

    Maybe the change of the coach was a good move, we will see.
    Last edited by jonga; Today at 03:38 AM.

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    253
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    We could say similar bullshit about every game.
    What made you so agitated? Didn't you see that my post was an answer to the one about current situation in the standings?
    I wasn't even writing about Baskonia, this game was just the recent example proving my point, nothing more. I even wrote "yesterday's win was really great and extremly significant for Baskonia". Can't you read well?
    Specially for you - my point is that a team cannot be judged by its current position and current form of players and on the whole under the present system of competition with 30 games a team does not need to win all the games, just to be in the PO is enough. And Baskonia/s game against CSKA proves nothing so far. It's only one win. You may be in the PO with the help of this win or you may not. The same for us, this loss doesn't mean that all of a sudden the team became worse and players suck.

    And by the way, a normal game for Peters means many 3-pointers, just what he did
    Last edited by iraz; Today at 10:34 AM.

  6. #226
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    6,623
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    I am not really sure if this good performance really related to Ataman or if it's only because of the quality of the players.

    I can safely say that Efes's roster is better than Baskonia's and Zalgris's, and even a little better than Oly and Pana and it's close to our roster, considering the guard rotation; Larkin + Beaubois-Micic-Balbay plus forwards like Moerman, Anderson and centers like Dunston, Pleiss, and Sertac, Motum, Simon as back-ups, it's really a quality team.
    "quality of players" is more of a perception in the case of Moerman & Pleiss. They were considered terrible signings at the beginning of the year, at least the bball experts like me . Roster is not bad of course, but Ataman has got to receive some credit here. the major difference-maker is clearly the guards: Micic & Larkin vs McCollum & Adams. Funny things is even the bball ignorants like me could see this before the last season even started, but Mr Yilmaz didn't.

    I suspect, also, the overall EL got weaker, contrary to what many people here seem to think.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  7. #227
    Senior Member wyopeq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toja27 View Post
    I think Efes is really close to F4 material , they have very good chemistry this year and generally they are not a 'fluke' imo as some people may think, they the real deal this year. but at this moment I believe there is one other team that has more chances to get to F4 with Real-Fener-CSKA and that team is Zalgiris. But actually I'm not so sure about Cska anymore..
    100% agreed!
    Even if they are 5-6 W/L rating so far, Zalgiris seems the best candidate for final F4 after big 3.
    Efes, on the other hand, should prove if they are F4 material against Olympiakos on road this week. (Imo, they will)
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010

  8. #228
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    599
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Block of the year, Vesely airlines.

    FENERBAHÇE İSTANBUL
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  9. #229
    Senior Member INTEGRAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    6,888
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    I dindt saw question of Murat why Fenerbahce isnt amongst 10 biggest clubs in Europe.Its simply,it is club till 12 or 13 years almost didnt had history .Since last 12,13 years,Fenerbahce make big results ,with which becme biggest Turkish club ,but didnt reached level of clubs which make great results 25 till 40 years.Panathinaikos since 1995 was first club in Greece by national titles ,they won in period when basketball wasnt especially popular in Greece and Europe, but third club in Greece by results in Europe.Fenerbahce have very much many and if conitnue next 15 years,probably win 2 till 3 Euroleague and then he could consider one of 10 biggest clubs in Europe.
    Never heard such a stupid argument.

    "Fenerbahçe is very succesful for 15 years but not among top 10 biggest clubs"

    And you say Panathinaikos started to be succesful since 1995. So 23 years till 2018. And this club is very mediocre or unsuccesful for over 5 years.

    You say Fenerbahçe is great for 15 years. There are 8 years between Pao and that team is not too good for 5+ yeas. So only 3-4 years do not make Fenerbahçe among "top 10" biggest clubs? Such a stupid useless post..

    What clubs are top 10? Partizan, CZ, Pao, Zalgiris, Olympiacos? But Fenerbahçe is not? While Fener is shitting on those teams. GTFO here with your brainless post.
    IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

    https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

    REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

    Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
    Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
    Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
    Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
    Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

  10. #230
    Senior Member INTEGRAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    6,888
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    For me being third or fourth club in Turkey means provincial club so on European level doesnt significant to much.
    Cuneyt I was counted .

    Maccabi
    Cska
    Real
    Panathinaikos
    Olympiacos
    Barcelona
    Partizan
    Zalgiris
    Olimpia
    Cibona
    Virtus

    Its eleven .
    This post even proves you are beyond stupid.

    Who the hell is Virtus, Cibona Olimpia, Partizan?? What are they doing for last 10 years?
    IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

    https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

    REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

    Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
    Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
    Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
    Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
    Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

  11. #231
    Senior Member INTEGRAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    6,888
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Moron, I almost havent even watched half of those teams in Euroleague last 10 years
    IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

    https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

    REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

    Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
    Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
    Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
    Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
    Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    682
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    Ok, so we could say that if Alec Peters plays "more normal", Baskonia would have won the game in the halftime.

    Examples like yours are in all the games. I can say similar things about our defeats vs Fenerbahce, Milano or Efes, all of them winnable games, but it's a non sense, here some non sense examples:

    Baskonia lost in Milano because Shengelia did a 0/6 FT (first time in his career) and Granger (an starter) was injured.

    Baskonia lost vs Efes in Istanbul because the team had 20 turnovers (a lot), and because Poirier and Shengelia only scored 12 points, normally they score 25 per game.

    Baskonia lost vs Fenerbahce (by 2), because the 18% in 3 points (Fenerbahce had a 40%), it is not normal to have such bad percentages.

    We could say similar bullshit about every game.

    Baskonia played a great game, a great defense. CSKA without Chacho won in Madrid, and without Clyburn they played a tough game at 100%.

    If Baskonia would have play with this intensity other easier games, the team would be with 2 or 3 wins more easily.

    Maybe the change of the coach was a good move, we will see.
    Agree and against Oly they lost too because of two injuries occurred during the game!

    The team has a good potential and they are going to show it now. I'm quite certain they will reach the playoffs.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •