Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Checked the video and saw one detail. The shotclock in the arena WAS NOT at 18 and jumping down to 13. The shotclock in the arena counted down 15-14-13 as it normally would. It was however the TV shotclock that had the error, and it must have been corrected at the studio.
    While I do believe CSKA is protected a bit by the refs and the organization in general, I believe this spesific incident had no effect on-court-play. The players on court have not experienced what we saw on TV IMHO.
    Where did you see that? The video is blurry but I'm pretty sure the arena shotclock goes from 18 to 13 as well. It would be impossible for it to be counting down normally, Zalgiris would have been called for a half-court violation and they sure as hell didn't spend 10 seconds bringing the ball up.

CSKA was doing dirty business in October again. It seems that when you shake a Russian's hand, you should check your fingers after.

daru.jpg
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    this stat is for me the biggest surprise of the Euroleague season. on the other hand is funny how bad is he in blocks. he was never great, but 4 blocks in 179 minutes is surprisingly low number.
    He doesnt focus on blocking shots. But he is very good at defence. He makes difference with his perimeter defence, he can guard everyone at perimeter defence. Also his high level energy makes huge impact. Also he doesnt always play at 5. With Ahmet or Lauvergne he plays at pf.

Hines is also doesnt have good blocking stats. Even he won DPOY prize, his blocking avg was 0,8. They are both good defenders. Forcing missed shot is not different than blocking shot

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    In the near future Spanoulis, in the distant future we'll all be dead.

Also, lol pir.
    Stupid anagram Anyway, I have my doubts about the honesty of your optimism.
    Winner of IBN Euroleague Prediction Game 2017-2018

Calathes is being great as always in some aspects of the game, but his inability to shoot makes a game much more difficult for his teammates too. teams are leaving him wide open and rather closing the paint and/or guarding others better. his % are disaster, but even more disastrous is, if we know how easy vast majority of his shots is. advanced stats are saying exactly that, Pao with Calathes has 94.8 offensive rating and Pao without him 100.5. Meaning all his assists don't help much because of his bad shooting. on the other hand he's great in D. Defensive rating of Pao with Calathes is 92.4 and without him 98.9. So he is still net positive but not by much. Bottom line is, his bad shooting is part of the problem how bad Pao looks this year.
    I see tge exact opposite. Panathinaikos lost 2 reliable shooters(singleton,rivers) and enemies go close to the basket,leaving less space to calathes. Still he averages 9apg though and thats a big number if we see that our 3pt percentage is bad compared to last season,meaning most of these assists are easy baskets from the paint while last year some of these assists were tough 3pointers from rivers or singleton. Calathes just needs to stop shooting and improve his free throws. He is still strong and quick to penetrate even when iced on the perimeter or just post up his oppoment. He can easily post against 80% of enemy pgs in euroleague and either score or create space from that by being double teamed
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Officials at EL are really bad, worse than refs. The last week, vs Khimki, they gave us a fake basket by Carroll in the 2nd Q. They corrected the result at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    He doesnt focus on blocking shots. But he is very good at defence. He makes difference with his perimeter defence, he can guard everyone at perimeter defence. Also his high level energy makes huge impact. Also he doesnt always play at 5. With Ahmet or Lauvergne he plays at pf.

Hines is also doesnt have good blocking stats. Even he won DPOY prize, his blocking avg was 0,8. They are both good defenders. Forcing missed shot is not different than blocking shot
    Hines is 1.97 and has double amount of blocks per 40.

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...&agg=PerMinute
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Oh, really? Maybe I should tell you which team has the best win\loss balance at home in the EL?
    And yes, Zalgiris has never won in Moscow as yet.
    Seems to me you'd better check information before making such funny statements.

As for the games, IMO a very predictable day. Only Bayern - Oly is doubtful.
    That's because CSKA has the highest budged and the best players and they aren't playing at away from their home. That's only natural.

Seriously, there is a reason why CSKA lost the 2005 Final Four in Moscow (despite winning multiple Euroleague championship), CSKA never had the same ambiance that Pana, Oly, Zalgris, Madrid, Barca, Partizan, Maccabi, Baskonia and Fenerbahçe have. They don't have a powerful ambiance and an audiance, even Itoudis complained about the supporters 1 year ago.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ka-7-000-fans/
    FENERBAHÇE İSTANBUL
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 TBL Champion ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    I see tge exact opposite. Panathinaikos lost 2 reliable shooters(singleton,rivers) and enemies go close to the basket,leaving less space to calathes. Still he averages 9apg though and thats a big number if we see that our 3pt percentage is bad compared to last season,meaning most of these assists are easy baskets from the paint while last year some of these assists were tough 3pointers from rivers or singleton. Calathes just needs to stop shooting and improve his free throws. He is still strong and quick to penetrate even when iced on the perimeter or just post up his oppoment. He can easily post against 80% of enemy pgs in euroleague and either score or create space from that by being double teamed
    His shooting 3s because he’s wide open almost all the time. And 42% is pretty bad for 2 pointers too and he’s almost last in TS%. It’s impossible that that kind of shooting doesn’t hurt the team.
    previously known as Beno

Where did you see that? The video is blurry but I'm pretty sure the arena shotclock goes from 18 to 13 as well. It would be impossible for it to be counting down normally, Zalgiris would have been called for a half-court violation and they sure as hell didn't spend 10 seconds bringing the ball up.
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ny-wrongdoing/
    previously known as Beno

Calathes is being great as always in some aspects of the game, but his inability to shoot makes a game much more difficult for his teammates too. teams are leaving him wide open and rather closing the paint and/or guarding others better. his % are disaster, but even more disastrous is, if we know how easy vast majority of his shots is. advanced stats are saying exactly that, Pao with Calathes has 94.8 offensive rating and Pao without him 100.5. Meaning all his assists don't help much because of his bad shooting. on the other hand he's great in D. Defensive rating of Pao with Calathes is 92.4 and without him 98.9. So he is still net positive but not by much. Bottom line is, his bad shooting is part of the problem how bad Pao looks this year.
    Could you please provide the url for the advanced stats?
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010

Quote Originally Posted by wyopeq View Post
    Could you please provide the url for the advanced stats?
    http://www.overbasket.com/index.php?cmp=EL
    previously known as Beno

As I said, it's really odd how these mistakes tend to favour specific teams.

As I said, it's really odd how these mistakes tend to favour specific teams.
    This was human factor for sure.
    previously known as Beno

I’m really curious what kind of unintentional mistake makes a clock go faster exactly when your opponent attacks

My bad. You are right guys.
    Through a lot of filtering, I see the flow was not natural.
    Still can not see the number before 13, but there is an abnormal flow.

Which makes me think: If the shotclock was set to 14 or 24 or even zero, I can understand. But decreasing the shotclock for 4 odd seconds? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Larkin, Simon and Beaubois?
    Larkin, Balbay and Batuk . Yep, you got it.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Hines is 1.97 and has double amount of blocks per 40.

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...&agg=PerMinute
    You are showing the stats whatever works for you. Vesely's avg blocking is 0,5 this year and 0,7 all euroleague career. This is not bad for the one who mostly play at pf. Playing 2 games 15 min each is not same as 30 min in one game. He should not go into foul troble and stay away from risky blocking attemption. Blocking is not his spesific purpose on the game. He is much better defender than some players who has higher blocking avg such as Pleiss, Radosevic Omic etc.

Hines has 0,8 avg at this season and whole career who is rated as one o fthe best defenders and always he plays as center.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    You are showing the stats whatever works for you. Vesely's avg blocking is 0,5 this year and 0,7 all euroleague career. This is not bad for the one who mostly play at pf. Playing 2 games 15 min each is not same as 30 min in one game. He should not go into foul troble and stay away from risky blocking attemption. Blocking is not his spesific purpose on the game. He is much better defender than some players who has higher blocking avg such as Pleiss, Radosevic Omic etc.

Hines has 0,8 avg at this season and whole career who is rated as one o fthe best defenders and always he plays as center.
    I mentioned Hines, because you said, her not the best blocker too. First he’s too small to be great blocker and second he’s pretty good anyway. He’s having 0.88 blocks vs. 0.5 of Vesely, playing 5 and half minutes less. And that’s big difference.

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...ur&agg=PerGame

No need to be too protective over Vesely. He’s a big guy and has made great career in Europe. But he evidently isn’t good blocker, what somewhat surprised me.
    previously known as Beno

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456