Fener v Daçka
    Bayern Munich v Olympiacos
    Real Madrid v Gran Canaria
    Khimki v Buducnost
    CSKA v Zalgiris
    Panathinaikos v Barcelona
    Milano v Baskonia
    FENER
    cedi osman is a basketball player who routinely fails to score from the foul line and will make you lose the game while under pressure. he is mentally weak and overrated.
    calathes probably has better a 3-point percentage than cedi osman's free throw percentage and honestly, that's hilarious.

though week for way teams
    baskonia, olympiakos and zalgiris need to win desperately

Originally posted by Spittifiz View Post
    Efes v Maccabi
    Fener v Daçka
    Bayern Munich v Olympiacos
    Real Madrid v Gran Canaria
    Khimki v Buducnost
    CSKA v Zalgiris
    Panathinaikos v Barcelona
    Milano v Baskonia

Comment

Maccabi and Khimki are 1 win - 6 loses .....

They need to win or Bartzokas and Spahija need to go.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

There is no way that Zalgiris may count a win in Moscow against CSKA. That is already lost even before start of competition.

And Spahija is no more a coach of MTA, Sfairopolus is.

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
          There is no way that Zalgiris may count a win in Moscow against CSKA. That is already lost even before start of competition.

The CSKA budget is impressive, but:

1. Cska did not have serious opponents this season except Barcelona, when she was not good in shape at that time. Zalgiris played the opposite with all the favorits.

2. Cska lost 4 last games to Zalgiris (3 - official, 1 - friendly)

Therefore, with the risk of betting, I will put up money for Zalgiris.

Comment

Odds are extremely high for Zalgiris knowing the fact that CSKA have a lot of weak spots, and Saras used that as an advantage last year. Of course, CSKA is way better team with extremely good individual players, but I will take the risk as well.

Efes v Maccabi 55-45
            Fener v Daçka 99-1
            Bayern Munich v Olympiacos 51-49
            Real Madrid v Gran Canaria 99-1
            Khimki v Buducnost 60-40
            CSKA v Zalgiris 51-49
            Panathinaikos v Barcelona 55-45
            Milano v Baskonia 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post

Oh, good for MTA then.

I wouldn't be too sure about CSKA, they were never a great home team. But seeing that Zalgris isn't as good as the previous season, and CSKA is still at the top, the russians are the favorite.
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                Oh, good for MTA then.

I wouldn't be too sure about CSKA, they were never a great home team. But seeing that Zalgris isn't as good as the previous season, and CSKA is still at the top, the russians are the favorite.
                The balance of wins and defeats of the Zalgiris is the same as last year, but the start of the schedule is much more difficult as we played this year with almost all the favorites.
                Moreover, the composition is not worse, the only question is when the players will play as a team?

Cska changed not much , but euroleague team's this year is stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                  Oh, really? Maybe I should tell you which team has the best win\loss balance at home in the EL?
                  And yes, Zalgiris has never won in Moscow as yet.
                  Seems to me you'd better check information before making such funny statements.

As for the games, IMO a very predictable day. Only Bayern - Oly is doubtful.

Comment

7 week past ,it could be make intersection I will detailed express my thinking of every club .I start from Zalgiris .Before start of season ,

I predict they will be in quarter-finals ,now they have 3-4 .Surprise in Athens,miss win against very bad Real in this game,loose from Barcelona,Fenerbahce and Baskonia in Kaunas ,win against Efes and Buducnost.Apsurdly,they havent any win on home court but have 3 on guest court .In regard to last years,havent Pangos,Toupane and Micic but stayed Jankunas,Davies,Ulanovas,and came Westermann,Walkup,Grgionis,Walters,Walton .

Main differece,relative to last years is organization,position of shooting and cooperation between internal and external players.Cause of that , last year in this segment reached one level which is nearly unachieved and change on point guards and shooting guards .My opinion is Jasikivicius make wrong by underestimated role Westermann and Grigonis ,I think they should be first options .In other hand,Walters and Walton get role which are unmerited in case of Walters, in case of Walton he strayed in Zalgiris ,he havent quality and conceptionally he doesnt match there.Walters havent creative ability on close level which have point guards in previous season like Pangos or Lekavicius.He is scorrer ,but not at level of Pangos ,creative ability in relative to Pangos especially is on lower level .In comparation two of them and their influence on play ,Pangos had 9 shoots in average,Walters this season have 11 shoots ,in average Walters score more points,but its long-term unsustainable .Cause of number Walters shoots it is also because Zalgiris in this disposition have less built shoots .Walkup is solid player who score 6 till 9 points,player for rotation,Westermann and Grigonis dont play good,one reason of that is little oportunity which two of them have,and conceptionally unincorporation.

On postiion small forward,Ulanovas isnt significantly better then their beginnings in Zalgiris,mobility is big problem ,didnt expend area of qualities .So ,Zalgiris immediately ,have some play which isnt bad,it is there some sense and potential but its unarticulated and incomplete .To be articulated ,need some change ,prevalently on postion pg and sg .Problem also is wasted 7 games ,so some good changes if will be may will not bring good results .If continue Zalgiris on this way,I think will be for a bit bellow quarter-finals .

Comment

Zalgiris over-delivered last season
                      That’s a big part of the reason.

Comment

Ataman’s James Anderson insistence doesn't work so far. sfairopoulos touch can be seen at maccabi team but they need more to win today.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja View Post
                          7 week past ,it could be make intersection I will detailed express my thinking of every club .I start from Zalgiris .Before start of season ,

I predict they will be in quarter-finals ,now they have 3-4 .Surprise in Athens,miss win against very bad Real in this game,loose from Barcelona,Fenerbahce and Baskonia in Kaunas ,win against Efes and Buducnost.Apsurdly,they havent any win on home court but have 3 on guest court .In regard to last years,havent Pangos,Toupane and Micic but stayed Jankunas,Davies,Ulanovas,and came Westermann,Walkup,Grgionis,Walters,Walton .

Main differece,relative to last years is organization,position of shooting and cooperation between internal and external players.Cause of that , last year in this segment reached one level which is nearly unachieved and change on point guards and shooting guards .My opinion is Jasikivicius make wrong by underestimated role Westermann and Grigonis ,I think they should be first options .In other hand,Walters and Walton get role which are unmerited in case of Walters, in case of Walton he strayed in Zalgiris ,he havent quality and conceptionally he doesnt match there.Walters havent creative ability on close level which have point guards in previous season like Pangos or Lekavicius.He is scorrer ,but not at level of Pangos ,creative ability in relative to Pangos especially is on lower level .In comparation two of them and their influence on play ,Pangos had 9 shoots in average,Walters this season have 11 shoots ,in average Walters score more points,but its long-term unsustainable .Cause of number Walters shoots it is also because Zalgiris in this disposition have less built shoots .Walkup is solid player who score 6 till 9 points,player for rotation,Westermann and Grigonis dont play good,one reason of that is little oportunity which two of them have,and conceptionally unincorporation.

On postiion small forward,Ulanovas isnt significantly better then their beginnings in Zalgiris,mobility is big problem ,didnt expend area of qualities .So ,Zalgiris immediately ,have some play which isnt bad,it is there some sense and potential but its unarticulated and incomplete .To be articulated ,need some change ,prevalently on postion pg and sg .Problem also is wasted 7 games ,so some good changes if will be may will not bring good results .If continue Zalgiris on this way,I think will be for a bit bellow quarter-finals .

I think that time is the question of when Zalgiris will begin to play their game, although it is already playing well, even in the lost games there was not a bad game: with Baskonia if not Granger's fantastic three-point throws through the hands. Fantastic Kuruc three-point throws with Barcelona, and ​​with Fener losing only the end of the match and even with a very powerful Real, lost one time.

Outgoing players:

Misic, a little-known player, was not very good at the start, only Saras made a good player.

Pangos - in the beginning while was Lekavicius and Westerman, was in the shadow only after that became a star (a good thrower, a well-played ball, but the defense was a problem)

Tupan, in the beginning who seemed to be completely desperate in defence and attacking, where defense is his main advantage.

Arrivals:

Grigonis is a good technical player who can play from 1 to 3 positions, good thrower, good defense, the question of when to start playing , and now he has health problems.

Westerman - a wise player, the question of when fully recovered after an injury.

Walters - satisfied all , maybe a worse sniper than Pangos but a lot better in defense.

Walkup is a physically solid good player who can collect points.

Birutis - a high promising player should change Kavaliauskas

Walton is a young technically player with good thrower , but with a lack of European experience and self confidence.

Comment

The best and the most mature Efes game from the start of the season. I was sure about Efes roster and player selection(except Moerman) but I am surprised with their overall performance. Very serious team in this moment
                            Larkin showed leadership tonight and Efes didn't have black holes like in previous games

Comment

Originally posted by Ziya K View Post
                              Zalgiris over-delivered last season
                              That’s a big part of the reason.
                              Big part of what kind of reason, lol? Only 1/4th of the season had passed. Besides, last year Zalgiris started with the same record (3-4) while having much easier schedule than this year. Though I agree that so far Zalgiris was unconvincing and less entertaining than at the end of last season.
                              However, theoretically speaking, we could've won any game at home (vs. Baskonia, Fener, Real and Barca), but at the same time we could've lost the game in OAKA. So the record could've been 4-3 just as easily and then we would be having an entirely different conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information