NCAA 95th Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Kai Sotto, even if trained under Tab, won't reach NBA levels if he trains locally. However, he will probably still be a huge upgrade over Slaughter/Fajardo by the time he's done with college.
    Kai actually is a fringe NBA draftee even right now. What separates him from any other Filipino player past and present is his unique combination of physical tools (mobile for his 7' 2" size), abilities (can shoot from the 3, can put the ball on the floor, good passer), high basketball sense and positive mentality. If anything, the move abroad only raises his stock. No one in his family or camp would sound this off as they'd appear cocky, but at the back of their minds they know Kai is a lock to make the NBA.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
      Kai Sotto, even if trained under Tab, won't reach NBA levels if he trains locally. However, he will probably still be a huge upgrade over Slaughter/Fajardo by the time he's done with college.
      He would have the same problem as many Asian prospects who didn't train in Europe or the USA: Lack of playing time or spending most of their career in their team's G-League Affiliate.

The level of competition you are exposed to at your early age means a lot. It just so happens that the highest levels of competition are in Europe and America.

There are many Euro players who played in the NBA but never really made an impact and eventually went back to their respective countries.

Making it to the NBA is one thing. Making an impact is another.
      GILAS WISHLIST:
      6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
        He would have the same problem as many Asian prospects who didn't train in Europe or the USA: Lack of playing time or spending most of their career in their team's G-League Affiliate.

The level of competition you are exposed to at your early age means a lot. It just so happens that the highest levels of competition are in Europe and America.

There are many Euro players who played in the NBA but never really made an impact and eventually went back to their respective countries.

Making it to the NBA is one thing. Making an impact is another.
        Kai's camp obviously knows this well, hence the move to train abroad and eventually play in Europe. Teams could pick him as a project (that's all he is right now) but the Sotto's are not gonna settle and they're doing everything they can for Kai to achieve legit prospect status. As early as last year, some people already pegged him as a second rounder. But with the way they're handling things, I think the trajectory shoots up and he'd end up getting picked on the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
          Kai's camp obviously knows this well, hence the move to train abroad and eventually play in Europe. Teams could pick him as a project (that's all he is right now) but the Sotto's are not gonna settle and they're doing everything they can for Kai to achieve legit prospect status. As early as last year, some people already pegged him as a second rounder. But with the way they're handling things, I think the trajectory shoots up and he'd end up getting picked on the first round.
          Kai is fast lerner, he vastly improved this last two years despite the limited exposure on high level tournament, for sure, 2 years of European training will boost his development, being a first rounder in NBA pick is not a surprise, and I will not wonder if he land on first 5

Comment

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
            Kai is fast lerner, he vastly improved this last two years despite the limited exposure on high level tournament, for sure, 2 years of European training will boost his development, being a first rounder in NBA pick is not a surprise, and I will not wonder if he land on first 5
            If he shows he can be a legit 4/5 guy, then maybe top 5 it is. The one thing he should really be focusing on is containing perimeter players. Failure to do so would have him being the focus of opposing PnR plays.

Comment

San Beda has secured Fil-Canadian point guard Denzel Faraon. He has joined the Red Lions in Las Vegas.

Comment

^ He was invited for a second look bro.

Comment

So theres imports this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                    So theres imports this year?
                    yes. final year this year
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olynyk View Post
                      ^ He was invited for a second look bro.
                      Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

How old is Haruna? all i thought he was playing is final year last year. diba kabatch niya sila perkins?

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                          How old is Haruna? all i thought he was playing is final year last year. diba kabatch niya sila perkins?
                          He was undergoing residency and was injured for a season I think.. kaya eligible and I think ncaa has stretched the age limit to 25-26? Thats why you see a 25 year old CJ perez in lyceum last year
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                            He was undergoing residency and was injured for a season I think.. kaya eligible and I think ncaa has stretched the age limit to 25-26? Thats why you see a 25 year old CJ perez in lyceum last year
                            I thought they lowered it to 24? Weird. They've banned foreigners but allowed manongs to mama the young guys. How will our players develop again?

Comment

I saw last week kemark cariňo walking along aguila st. He look soft and very thin frame, you won't believe he play basketball, look like he never hit a gym, sayang, kailan pa ito magpapalakas

Comment

Originally posted by marlon View Post
                                i saw last week kemark cariňo walking along aguila st. He look soft and very thin frame, you won't believe he play basketball, look like he never hit a gym, sayang, kailan pa ito magpapalakas
                                tamad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information