No announcement yet.

NCAA 95th Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was not a traveling by Calvin Oftana. It was a regular euro step. The refs and the technical committee reviewed that play many times, even in slow mo, and the unanimous decision was no traveling violation.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
      For Letran, coming in next year is transferee Jay Pangalanan, 6-10 previously from La Salle Team B and Saint Benilde.. Got some injury issues last year but got some DLeague experience already while playing for Benilde... Due for elevation to Team A after redshirting after 2 years at LA Salle... Will come in handy next year as there will be no FSA anymore. He ia definitely an upgrade over Balagasay... With aome SMC coaches in the Letran staff, hope to see an Erram like transdormation for the kid...

Sana for next year, our Carino and Pangalanan would be given the breaks....
      sure hope Carino and Pangalangan do get heavy minutes and develop.. otherwise the NCAA board will look like fools for enacting a stupid rule.
      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
        sure hope Carino and Pangalangan do get heavy minutes and develop.. otherwise the NCAA board will look like fools for enacting a stupid rule.
        They already are fools regardless of the results. That's just an alibi they tell the public to justify their racist and xenophobic acts. Development of our locals isn't really their priority. They want an easier path to the championship..

Comment

• Just my opinion. With all due respect to others here. I do understand the racist angle of the NCAA banning imports, but I think it's ok. The UAAP is there anyway to have all those FSA's. It will just be simple NC ball, all locals gunning it out. It'll be a challenge to San Beda as well to try to win multiple titles with an all Filipino squad. I just hope they can play home and away games for the whole elimination rounds & just go MOA or Araneta come finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by cartman42 View Post
            Just my opinion. With all due respect to others here. I do understand the racist angle of the NCAA banning imports, but I think it's ok. The UAAP is there anyway to have all those FSA's. It will just be simple NC ball, all locals gunning it out. It'll be a challenge to San Beda as well to try to win multiple titles with an all Filipino squad. I just hope they can play home and away games for the whole elimination rounds & just go MOA or Araneta come finals.
            If that's what the NCAA schools who oppose the presence of FSAs want, so be it. No problem.

The good locals these teams are going to recruit (which San Beda would not normally consider in recruitment) will now be the target of the Red Lions. Good luck to these teams as they will suddenly find San Beda fishing in their small pond. The Red Lions have the biggest and most attractive bait in the NCAA.

Comment

• So scalpers are still a problem..

Comment

• Since the new millenium, here are the history of Game 3s of Letran and San Beda.

Letran
                2003 Won over San Sebastian 2-1
                2005 Won over Philippine Christian 2-1
                2012 Lost to San Beda 1-2
                2013 Lost to San Beda 1-2
                2015 Won over San Beda 2-1
                2019 ???

San Beda
                2006 Won over Philippine Christian 2-1
                2008 Won over Jose Rizal 2-1
                2012 Won over Letran 2-1
                2013 Won over Letran 2-1
                2015 Lost to Letran 1-2
                2019 ???

Comment

• This Letran team reminds you a lot of the Aldin Ayo champion team, lots of guts, lots of heart. Outsized but refuses to back down.

I wonder how they will fare against Ateneo. No UAAP team plays as tough and physical as they do.

Comment

• What's the height of Balanza? He seems pretty tall for a SG.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                      This Letran team reminds you a lot of the Aldin Ayo champion team, lots of guts, lots of heart. Outsized but refuses to back down.

I wonder how they will fare against Ateneo. No UAAP team plays as tough and physical as they do.
                      Exciting game so far. Letran is leading most of the game. Credit goes to the coaching staff. Each of those guys could easily be leading a team of their own right now.

To answer your question it depends on the officiating. If they allow the same kind of physicality they could wear most teams down. If not most of guys will be in foul trouble by the end of the 1st qtr

Comment

• With NCAA referees and today's shooting percentage, I think they have a chance of upsetting Ateneo.

A lot of potential unsung heroes for this Letran team beginning with Balanza and Caralipio.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                          What's the height of Balanza? He seems pretty tall for a SG.
                          6'3..
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Letran shooting the ball well and playing excellent team defense.

Comment

• SBU fell in love too much in 3's even they are struggling..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• 3 straight cardiac games. Can't ask for more. Too bad the same can't be said of the UAAP.

Cold blooded freethrows by Fran Yu...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information