Best Europeans in NBA today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
    It still surprises me people don't even mention this when it comes to French NT players like Batum and Gobert to say. Perhaps because they're not so dominant
    French people doesn't like it believe me, just read the news about 2018 World Cup Championship, some French people doesn't see that team as France NT.

Though I am talking about the football, I don't think it would be any different for basketball.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      stats wise best european this season is Vucevic 20.5pts+12reb and is 7th ! in entire nba in eff (Jokic is 11th ,Capela 14th).But no love for him here,many dont even put him in top12 european list.I understand that he is playing for average team all that,but that all star player stats...I dont think that he is that good,but his number is fantastically good this season.
      Not a crappy center, but far from worth giving too many credit. Takes tons of shots, shoots only 52% which is not good for a center, pretty soft defender and playing for a shitty team
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I think Antetokounmpo has one problem if he is going to be a super-star, which is 3 pts and shots from outside of the baseline, in regular nba games it won't be a problem since the teams doesn't have any time to take special precautions for him, but for the high level games at playoffs surely the teams will use that at the defense.

Even Jokic as a center can shoot 3 pts. Anteto can't drop his %70 FT percentage or the teams will use ''hack anteto'' tactics soon enough.
        Last edited by Tevfik1907; 12-27-2018, 11:08 PM.
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Greak Freak is a lovely one for one

Comment

I react to that only now, because i didn't see it earlier but :

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
            French people doesn't like it believe me, just read the news about 2018 World Cup Championship, some French people doesn't see that team as France NT.
            Some people doesn't mean all people. What you mention exists but concerns a (very) small minority. So please don't make it sound differently...

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
            Though I am talking about the football, I don't think it would be any different for basketball.
            This is actually very different between football and basketball. I have myself never heard this kind of comment around basketball team, especially not for players like Batum or Gobert. Batum is described as a "Normand", while Gobert is described as a "Ch'ti", period.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Not a crappy center, but far from worth giving too many credit. Takes tons of shots, shoots only 52% which is not good for a center, pretty soft defender and playing for a shitty team
              as i said that 21+12 is all star numbers ,Vucevic made nba all star game one of 3 europeans (Giannis,Jokic and Vucevic)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                as i said that 21+12 is all star numbers ,Vucevic made nba all star game one of 3 europeans (Giannis,Jokic and Vucevic)
                Well, he deserves it I guess. His numbers are impressive indeed, if only he would do something like that in one of contenders. WIll be interesting to see if his cam travels if he will change the team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well, he deserves it I guess. His numbers are impressive indeed, if only he would do something like that in one of contenders. WIll be interesting to see if his cam travels if he will change the team.
                  he made the All Star team in a similar fashion that Ilgauskas made it in the late 90's - putting up solid numbers on a crappy team Does anyone really consider Big Z a legit NBA All Star that year when he was selected? Not me, that's for sure lol. Same goes for Mr Empty Stats Vucevic as well

Comment

Teodosič was fired from Clippers. Pretty much the same NBA career as Jasikevičius' indeed. I can't decide whenever it's sad or not, because high IQ, skilled players can't survive in NBA. When I think about white NBA PG I think about Stocton. Most players say he was one of the toughest BB players they ever played against. Maybe that's the thing those Euros lacked, toughness and good physical preparation.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Teodosič was fired from Clippers. Pretty much the same NBA career as Jasikevičius' indeed. I can't decide whenever it's sad or not, because high IQ, skilled players can't survive in NBA. When I think about white NBA PG I think about Stocton. Most players say he was one of the toughest BB players they ever played against. Maybe that's the thing those Euros lacked, toughness and good physical preparation.
                      In order to succeed they have to be elite offensively so that can outweigh the liability they are defensively. Mark Price and Steve Nash are good examples. Teodosic and Jasikevicius are a cut below.
                      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                        In order to succeed they have to be elite offensively so that can outweigh the liability they are defensively. Mark Price and Steve Nash are good examples. Teodosic and Jasikevicius are a cut below.
                        Good point. Maybe Jason Williams could also be in the list, even if he's probably a bit better defender than all players mentioned here. But say Calderon's career makes you wonder. Maybe better defender than Teo and Šaras a bit, but not much. And offensively, at least in FIBA he wasn't more talented than those 2.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Good point. Maybe Jason Williams could also be in the list, even if he's probably a bit better defender than all players mentioned here. But say Calderon's career makes you wonder. Maybe better defender than Teo and Šaras a bit, but not much. And offensively, at least in FIBA he wasn't more talented than those 2.
                          I think the difference is Calderon played his entire prime in the NBA. If Teodosic and Jasikevicius got there 5 years earlier too they would have been just as good if not better than him.
                          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Exactly if you go to nba early like 22-23 Europe guard you have time to adapt to diffrent basketball . But if you are already elite in euroleague and go to nba around 30 it will not work at most cases shown.

Comment

There's politics and business involved too. Teodosic is 31, injury prone and on an expiring contract but in those 45 games he played last season his win percentage was excellent and the ball was moving so much better with him on the floor. He has a different skillset to the other Clippers guards. This season they were often playing Beverley and Bradley together, which wasn't pretty to watch. Honestly, I just don't get why they didn't release him last summer and seemingly made promises about playing time. And they can't fall back on the "earning minutes" argument when Bradley was really struggling to find some form.

Comment

Last edited by BiHBasket; 03-04-2019, 02:59 PM.
                                Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information