View Poll Results: Who's the best European in NBA?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greak Freak

12 80.00%
  • Jokic

3 20.00%
  • Porzingis

1 6.67%
  • Gobert

1 6.67%
  • Doncic

2 13.33%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Europeans in NBA today

I react to that only now, because i didn't see it earlier but :

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    French people doesn't like it believe me, just read the news about 2018 World Cup Championship, some French people doesn't see that team as France NT.
    Some people doesn't mean all people. What you mention exists but concerns a (very) small minority. So please don't make it sound differently...

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Though I am talking about the football, I don't think it would be any different for basketball.
    This is actually very different between football and basketball. I have myself never heard this kind of comment around basketball team, especially not for players like Batum or Gobert. Batum is described as a "Normand", while Gobert is described as a "Ch'ti", period.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Not a crappy center, but far from worth giving too many credit. Takes tons of shots, shoots only 52% which is not good for a center, pretty soft defender and playing for a shitty team
    as i said that 21+12 is all star numbers ,Vucevic made nba all star game one of 3 europeans (Giannis,Jokic and Vucevic)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    as i said that 21+12 is all star numbers ,Vucevic made nba all star game one of 3 europeans (Giannis,Jokic and Vucevic)
    Well, he deserves it I guess. His numbers are impressive indeed, if only he would do something like that in one of contenders. WIll be interesting to see if his cam travels if he will change the team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Well, he deserves it I guess. His numbers are impressive indeed, if only he would do something like that in one of contenders. WIll be interesting to see if his cam travels if he will change the team.
    he made the All Star team in a similar fashion that Ilgauskas made it in the late 90's - putting up solid numbers on a crappy team Does anyone really consider Big Z a legit NBA All Star that year when he was selected? Not me, that's for sure lol. Same goes for Mr Empty Stats Vucevic as well

Teodosič was fired from Clippers. Pretty much the same NBA career as Jasikevičius' indeed. I can't decide whenever it's sad or not, because high IQ, skilled players can't survive in NBA. When I think about white NBA PG I think about Stocton. Most players say he was one of the toughest BB players they ever played against. Maybe that's the thing those Euros lacked, toughness and good physical preparation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teodosič was fired from Clippers. Pretty much the same NBA career as Jasikevičius' indeed. I can't decide whenever it's sad or not, because high IQ, skilled players can't survive in NBA. When I think about white NBA PG I think about Stocton. Most players say he was one of the toughest BB players they ever played against. Maybe that's the thing those Euros lacked, toughness and good physical preparation.
    In order to succeed they have to be elite offensively so that can outweigh the liability they are defensively. Mark Price and Steve Nash are good examples. Teodosic and Jasikevicius are a cut below.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    In order to succeed they have to be elite offensively so that can outweigh the liability they are defensively. Mark Price and Steve Nash are good examples. Teodosic and Jasikevicius are a cut below.
    Good point. Maybe Jason Williams could also be in the list, even if he's probably a bit better defender than all players mentioned here. But say Calderon's career makes you wonder. Maybe better defender than Teo and Šaras a bit, but not much. And offensively, at least in FIBA he wasn't more talented than those 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good point. Maybe Jason Williams could also be in the list, even if he's probably a bit better defender than all players mentioned here. But say Calderon's career makes you wonder. Maybe better defender than Teo and Šaras a bit, but not much. And offensively, at least in FIBA he wasn't more talented than those 2.
    I think the difference is Calderon played his entire prime in the NBA. If Teodosic and Jasikevicius got there 5 years earlier too they would have been just as good if not better than him.

Exactly if you go to nba early like 22-23 Europe guard you have time to adapt to diffrent basketball . But if you are already elite in euroleague and go to nba around 30 it will not work at most cases shown.

There's politics and business involved too. Teodosic is 31, injury prone and on an expiring contract but in those 45 games he played last season his win percentage was excellent and the ball was moving so much better with him on the floor. He has a different skillset to the other Clippers guards. This season they were often playing Beverley and Bradley together, which wasn't pretty to watch. Honestly, I just don't get why they didn't release him last summer and seemingly made promises about playing time. And they can't fall back on the "earning minutes" argument when Bradley was really struggling to find some form.

Last edited by BiHBasket; 03-04-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12