Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 1,241 to 1,254 of 1254

Thread: UAAP Season 82

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Can Players with only 25% filipino blood play as a local?
    Is it true both Andrew Singson and one of the one-and-dones coming to La Salle are 1/4 pinoy?

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    Is it true both Andrew Singson and one of the one-and-dones coming to La Salle are 1/4 pinoy?
    Does it matter? Both Jordan Clarkson and Jalen Green are 1/4 pinoy and Filipinos are so proud to call them pinoy. Even wishing they would play for the national team 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Jclf View Post
    Does it matter? Both Jordan Clarkson and Jalen Green are 1/4 pinoy and Filipinos are so proud to call them pinoy. Even wishing they would play for the national team ��
    It doesn't matter at all, am just curious because as of now it hasn't been the norm to have players with less than 50% Filipino heritage play in our collegiate leagues, but there's a first for everything haha. My stance is as long as it benefits the national team in the future then it's all good, but as far as we know only one of the four DLSU fil-ams are actually eligible to play for the national team in the future (Laput).

looks like half of la salle team is replaced by one and dones hahah ano sila kentucky or duke heheh
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

It doesn't matter at all, am just curious because as of now it hasn't been the norm to have players with less than 50% Filipino heritage play in our collegiate leagues, but there's a first for everything haha. My stance is as long as it benefits the national team in the future then it's all good, but as far as we know only one of the four DLSU fil-ams are actually eligible to play for the national team in the future (Laput).
    laput is ineligible

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    looks like half of la salle team is replaced by one and dones hahah ano sila kentucky or duke heheh
    they can now play tall ball and small ball.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I think the guard is only a quarter filipino . To me personally that should not allow him to play as a local.He is 3/4ths American playing as Filipino is some BS like what the hell.

Exactly this i dont mind them changing the rules in the PBA as well to like 3 fil ams per team. You aren’t considered a fil am though if you’ve played for Gilas or eligible as a local .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Exactly this i dont mind them changing the rules in the PBA as well to like 3 fil ams per team. You aren’t considered a fil am though if you’ve played for Gilas or eligible as a local .
    Correct me if I am wrong, however, I believe the PBA rules allow up to a max of 5 Fil-Ams per team. I think a Fil-Am is defined as some one ( Filipino ) who was not born in the Philippines. I don't know if a foreign country born, but Philippine grown pinoy is considered a Fil-Am though.

Kaya si Aaron Black, and BRPJr. are considered locals than Fil-Ams. Same with Cabagnot, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by PaVi View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, however, I believe the PBA rules allow up to a max of 5 Fil-Ams per team. I think a Fil-Am is defined as some one ( Filipino ) who was not born in the Philippines. I don't know if a foreign country born, but Philippine grown pinoy is considered a Fil-Am though.

Kaya si Aaron Black, and BRPJr. are considered locals than Fil-Ams. Same with Cabagnot, I guess?
    and Jay Washington who was born in Zambales but grew up in the States is considered as homegrown while CJ Perez who was born in Hong Kong but grew up in Pangasinan is considered Fil-Foreigner

If they have a Philippine passport, then considered as Filipino. Doesn’t matter kung 1/8 filipino pa yan. If not, edi foreigner.

Does anyone know if any or all of them have Philippine passports?

Quote Originally Posted by Jclf View Post
    If they have a Philippine passport, then considered as Filipino. Doesn’t matter kung 1/8 filipino pa yan. If not, edi foreigner.

Does anyone know if any or all of them have Philippine passports?
    If Clarkson all of a sudden has a passport issued before he turned 16 after years of being declared ineligible by Reyes then any 1/8 or 1/16 Pinoy can get a Philippine passport given the right connections.

PBA FilAm rules are dumb. Id just stick to Gilas eligibility, maybe max one non eligible per team, but allow for an amnesty for all FilAms who werent 16 when new PBA FilAm rules are implemented. Such a rule will hopefully persuade FilAms abroad to gain dual citizenship early and become Gilas eligible.

Complaining about 1/4 Pinoys is super dumb while celebrating Jordan Clarkson, Gabe Norwood and Gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    PBA FilAm rules are dumb. Id just stick to Gilas eligibility, maybe max one non eligible per team, but allow for an amnesty for all FilAms who werent 16 when new PBA FilAm rules are implemented. Such a rule will hopefully persuade FilAms abroad to gain dual citizenship early and become Gilas eligible.

Complaining about 1/4 Pinoys is super dumb while celebrating Jordan Clarkson, Gabe Norwood and Gilas.
    I like the idea but it is not without its drawbacks. Doing so might oblige some to secure their eligibility documents, but for some reason or another it's inevitable that some won't. If those who won't happen to be the likes of Pringle, CStan, Hepa, QMB, Jeremiah Gray, etc., we practically deny ourselves of marquee talents that's badly needed to elevate the level of play in the PBA. I believe having these guys in the PBA would indirectly prove beneficial as far as Gilas is concerned.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263