UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Have you not watched the games? Coach Byrd sometimes starts those three.
    I have just watched parts. In the game I saw Bates and Balti were alternating at the C spot. Fewer were the minutes they played together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
      The Kobe comparison with Javi in terms of purely points and shot attempts is bad.

Javi is a liability on defense and cannot create his shot consistently .

Edit a lot of you guys hate Romeo which is fair because of his many flaws. Their is no denying he has the ability to create his own shot.
      Last world cup only Blatche and Perez could do that and they could not do it consistently. You can have the most "euro" offense but their will still be many instances where you need a release valve to make something happen.
      How many shot creators do we need in a national team? How many players in Ateneo can create their own shots. I wasn't saying Javi is better than Kobe. I was asking who was the better player in that game in response to a poster saying Kobe played like a pro. If he meant he played like a PBA player, I agree 200%, complete with all the bad habits of our pro players.

Common sense dictates that you pass to the better 3 pt. shooter if your shooting percentage sucks. Taking 6 3 pt attempts & making 1 is not "creating your own shot," it's just bad shot selection. Magnified by the fact that you have teammates who are shooting better during that game.

Javi is not even in the discussion as Gilas material. But he DEFINITELY played more efficiently vs. Ateneo. And Kobe is not a done deal as some suggest. Not by a long shot. He's got a great upside. But he's got massive holes in his game mostly due to inexperience in real 5 x 5 competition. Hyping him up too much won't help him improve on his flaws.
      sigpic

Comment

• Does he sound like he believes what he’s saying?

Comment

• I'd like to hear Richard Gomez's take on this issue. Because what Romero is saying is basically that we can not compete with foreigners or that "they are too good for us." And instead of continuing to compete against them so we can elevate our level, we ban them. Maybe Goma was right.

Comment

• I wonder if supporters of the bill are still so insistent that we are capable of developing local talent to the point of overcoming height disadvantages through puso and Philippine-based small ball tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
              what will be Philippine college hoops loss if this Bill pushes through might be Taiwanese college hoops gains as schools from Taiwan are already recruiting African student-athletes

Those were the same two teams UP went against in the BLIA Cup. The blue teams' import was practically nonexistent vs Bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                I wonder if supporters of the bill are still so insistent that we are capable of developing local talent to the point of overcoming height disadvantages through puso and Philippine-based small ball tactics.
                they don;t care about international competitiveness. They just want flashy puso players to play in their pustahan basketball association and university athletic association of pustahan.
                “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• If Mikee Romero really wants locals to shine, then Northport should go all-Filipino on import conferences lol.
                  Eto na naman tayo, fake nationalism, but in reality shows how some Filipinos look down on themselves.

Comment

• Include in the bill, no foreign coaches, no imports in the PBA, since this stupid politician wants it that way include every foreigner. Harvard graduate pa naman ang kitid ng utak

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                      I have just watched parts. In the game I saw Bates and Balti were alternating at the C spot. Fewer were the minutes they played together.
                      He did that against UP. it's like a fringe NCAA Div 1 frontline with 6'9, 6'8, 6'7 guys.

Comment

• It is essential for the uaap teams, from nu to ateneo, to invite very strong usa ncaa div 1 teams for games. Ncaa teams play very good fiba style basketball. Strong pro teams from europe would be very good invites too.

Nba players and teams are not good invites. Their styles do not work in fiba well, as nationalism fightbacks and other emotion-driven abilities are strongly in play in olympic and world cup wars. The correct analogy really is wars, as what the WC usa nba-powered team realized too late, it was going up against real warriors and not mere employed workers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                          It is essential for the uaap teams, from nu to ateneo, to invite very strong usa ncaa div 1 teams for games. Ncaa teams play very good fiba style basketball. Strong pro teams from europe would be very good invites too.

Nba players and teams are not good invites. Their styles do not work in fiba well, as nationalism fightbacks and other emotion-driven abilities are strongly in play in olympic and world cup wars. The correct analogy really is wars, as what the WC usa nba-powered players realized too late, they were going up against real warriors and not mere employed workers.
                          They sent their team d to the world cup. I’m pretty sure no team (even an all of europe’s best players in a team) can beat the olympic usa squad next year(harden,curry,thompson,green,davis already signified their intention to join)

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                            They sent their team d to the world cup. I’m pretty sure no team (even an all of europe’s best players in a team) can beat the olympic usa squad next year(harden,curry,thompson,green,davis already signified their intention to join)
                            Im sure that the other countries are salivating with desire for that to happen, and will never slink away in fear like pba players. There is no other greater baller dream than to crush the usa team, whether in basketball or flat out nuclear war, at its full strength. NO MORE NBA EXCUSES FOR LOSSES IS WHAT OTHER BALLER NATIONS WANT TO SEE AND FEEL. Those non-american warriors will also have great stories to tell their children and grandchildren. Why do you think iran, and even china or ragtag houthis and hizballah, want full-on wars with the usa??? Bringing down the goliath in full view of evryone is in every macho man's blood.

Why would they even fear the best nba team ever?? They cant put all 12 on the floor anyway. Grinding away at only 5 players at a time is different. Kaya nga hamon ni fernando poe, "isa-isa lang".

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                              Im sure that the other countries are salivating with desire for that to happen, and will never slink away in fear like pba players. There is no other greater baller dream than to crush the usa team, whether in basketball or flat out nuclear war, at its full strength. NO MORE NBA EXCUSES FOR LOSSES IS WHAT OTHER BALLER NATIONS WANT TO SEE AND FEEL. Those non-american warriors will also have great stories to tell their children and grandchildren. Why do you think iran, and even china or ragtag houthis and hizballah, want full-on wars with the usa??? Bringing down the goliath in full view of evryone is in every macho man's blood.
                              Wow you are dramatic as fk. This is getting weird.

Comment

• You adore american nba players. Not everyone does. It is only known that some are much better than others. It is not being dramatic. In the end, it is only the world cup winner or olympic gold winner who has the right to speak. So outside harden and the other droppable handful of players you mentioned, who are the other 12 or so the rest of the world have to fear???

So if harden, curry or davis will not play, say due to injuries or commitments, the usa team will always be entitled to excuses that the best were not there?? How convenient.

The first thing a pinoy who studies abroad learns is he can be as strong as a performer as the best in those countries. Knowing who the strongest ones to benchmark your strengths is impossible unless you get to do battle with them. This is why paras became much better, and why kai and aj will be much better than the pba players.
                                Last edited by ccharmed; 10-02-2019, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information