Page 263 of 380 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 7581

Thread: UAAP Season 82

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFan View Post
    Saw Suerte playing for the University of the Visayas. He was clearly a cut above the rest of his competition. Their coach, if I'm not mistaken, played him heavily as a point guard. Also, tickets here in CESAFI are cheap. Glad I saw him playing personally.
    Surprised to know that considering that Suerte is a good size shooting guard & a good scorer at that. As we know, some guards are not being played as point guards becoz they are too good a scorer to do the orchestrating chores.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

UE looked like a cellar dweller without Diakhite. But with him they even gave Ateneo trouble. Nanipisan ako sa some calls on the guy. But early on even Kouame had trouble with him.

If you can score on Kouame and somewhat stop him on the other end you have a chance. Bright was able to do that last finals before his injury. Thats why UP had a chance. But with Kouame beefing up now, Bright cant outmuscle him anymore.

I dont think DLSU has a chance. Bates and Balti are not enough. So far Diakhite is the only guy who I saw that gave him some problems. You can game plan against Kouame but Ateneo has far counterred any of those schemes.

Rhenz Abando's scoring have simmered down in the last 3 games or so. It seems that opposing teams' defense have caught up with him. This will be a challenge for Abando on how he could innovate his game to be able to deal with the opposing team's defense. I think Abando should develop his penetrating/driving skills for him to be more difficult to be contained. The defense knows he is a deadly 3-point shooter, hence the perimeter defense will always make close outs. That is when Abando can drive/penetrate the lane.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Have you seen the comments on FB? People want him to become the Allen Iverson of the PBA daw. That's more entertaining to watch
    if you're a smart player you would not want to be an Iverson in any league lolol. This is why I don't read FB comments.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Surprised to know that considering that Suerte is a good size shooting guard & a good scorer at that. As we know, some guards are not being played as point guards becoz they are too good a scorer to do the orchestrating chores.
    I guess coming into basketball from another sport has its advantages. You have no preconceived notions how you should play. Since he is as fast as the PG, he just had to learn basketball skills. Apparently it is not impossible to learn on a late age. Personally, Im not taking my son to basketball camps yet even if most Pinoy fathers do. For starters he is not tall for his age. But even if he were taller I would still focus on other sports to have him develop his balance and coordination and athleticism without height being a great advantage or disadvantage.

Rhenz Abando's scoring have simmered down in the last 3 games or so. It seems that opposing teams' defense have caught up with him. This will be a challenge for Abando on how he could innovate his game to be able to deal with the opposing team's defense. I think Abando should develop his penetrating/driving skills for him to be more difficult to be contained. The defense knows he is a deadly 3-point shooter, hence the perimeter defense will always make close outs. That is when Abando can drive/penetrate the lane.
    Abando seems to be more of a spot-up/catch-and-shoot type of a player. He lacks the creativity to create/slash/penetrate and handles. In contrast, Ricci Rivero is a better slasher but lacks the outside shooting.

Compare Abando and Ricci to San Beda's James Kwekuteye, James has both consistent abilities to create/slash and shoot well from the outside. Has a better ball handling skills. James and Abando are both excellent perimeter defenders compare to Ricci.

The 6'1-6'2 James is definitely the MORE complete 2-way combo guard right now in college.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

That's where a player's coaches and support system come in. A college player who is a good scorer at 5'8 should realize that his game won;t translate to the pros. unless of course, he's content to play in the MPBL. But then again, Filipino ballers are easily contented...
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Abando seems to be more of a spot-up/catch-and-shoot type of a player. He lacks the creativity to create/slash/penetrate and handles. In contrast, Ricci Rivero is a better slasher but lacks the outside shooting.

Compare Abando and Ricci to San Beda's James Kwekuteye, James has both consistent abilities to create/slash and shoot well from the outside. Has a better ball handling skills. James and Abando are both excellent perimeter defenders compare to Ricci.

James is definitely the complete 2-way combo guard right now in college.
    Too bad he's not eligible for Gilas..
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Abando seems to be more of a spot-up/catch-and-shoot type of a player. He lacks the creativity to create/slash/penetrate and handles.
    This is clearly Abando's weakness as of now. But I think he has the quickness & athleticism (w/c is very obvious) to play the wings/perimeter. What he lacks is decent handles. He's not in the same level as a Dave Ildefonso or a Rey Suerte in terms of ball handling.

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Too bad he's not eligible for Gilas..
    How about Suerte vs Abando? Ahanmisi was also pretty good. He is not making waves as before.

Suerte is more versatile offensively while Abando seems to be the better defender and spot-up shooter. a toss-up really, but I'd pick Abando, with his height, defense, and shooting (which he needs to improve). he can be a better version of Ronald Tubid
    -Margaret Mead

What's up with Cansino? He still isn't 100%?

accdg. to this video, Suerte is 6'2. He first played sepak takraw before switching to basketball..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wup3Wnd4fg
    -Margaret Mead

What's up with Cansino? He still isn't 100%?
    Most likely. And with Abando & Paraiso also playing the 2 & 3 spots which are the positions Cansino also plays, Cansino's playing time & opportunity to score was significantly affected. But I believe yung ACL injury nya talaga yung nag disrupt sa performance nya this season. Hope he recovers soon.

Nonoy athletcism is pretty crazy for 5’8, on his instagram stories he pulled out a 360 dunk off the dribble, missed it but you could clearly see he can get up and do it if he really tried but it was just warmups. I think 5’8 guys like him are rare in the Philippines

Zach Lavine didn't even particularly play well for Chicago bulls his first season after his ACL injury he sustained when he was still with Minnesota Timberwolves. It basically took him 2 years to be able get back to his usual self. Pretty sure, Cansino will regain it all back come next year.
    Last edited by Anonymous123; 10-06-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Nonoy athletcism is pretty crazy for 5’8, on his instagram stories he pulled out a 360 dunk off the dribble, missed it but you could clearly see he can get up and do it if he really tried but it was just warmups. I think 5’8 guys like him are rare in the Philippines
    His motor is out of this world lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    His motor is out of this world lol
    I know I’m gassing him up a bit but to me guys like him if you’re undersized are the standard. Basically the base, if you’re undersized you’ve got to have an X factor that makes you special and different compared to a taller player. The Nonoy sand Castro’s of the pg position make more sense to me because they have certain tools that allow them to compete. It’s just a matter of building on said base and adding skills.

Nonoy lol
    fb is toxic af. lol.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    fb is toxic af. lol.
    People are celebrities nowadays on facebook. It's pretty sad. Not to mention the IG and twitter as well. I can understand if you're a public figure though.

I only used it before because my job required me too. As soon as I left the company I deactivated it. I come from time to time (activate temporarily), though, just to check my siblings and chat with them. But other than that it's pretty pointless. Only good for business promotions and arranging meetings.

Page 263 of 380 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast