UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
    Kobe is unique in the sense that he is a 3x3 guy with, shocked as you may be, no legit 5x5 experience. The strengths and weaknesses you see follow from that reality. If you are one of the coaches, you maximize his strength as 3x3 player, and minimize his weaknesses as a 5x5 player.

Tactically, this means you encourage him to look for and "see" only 2 other teammates around the shaded lane. This improves his passing and rebounding decisions as quickly as his reflexes can take him. Huwag mo ng asahang maghanap ng libreng guard o wing sa perimeter, at hindi siya ganoon talaga. The second is to make him the power center of a midget ball lineup waiting only at three spots:left, right and top of the shaded lane. He will be very difficult to stop that way, because his explosiveness plus taking of 3 or less steps to the ring means his possession and dribbling error ratio is much lower.

Sige na, at ininggles ko pa. Extremely dangerous si kobe sa larong bukid na setup.

He isnt the type who can move well without the ball or capable of driving hard like harden to the rim from outside the 3point area like a regular sf can. Mabubuhay ba siya nuon? Opkors at tsismis muna. May gagamba sa sanmig sa pba na bano pa sa kanya pag larong sf at pf. Matagal ng malaki ang sweldo ng gagamba na ito na mas limitado pa kay kobe.
    kobe needs to catch up. his UAAP stint will surely help him a lot. is he a one and done player or he has two years left? pwede pa sya mag masters degree to have 1 more year.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• lol that spider you mention was. winner in college amateurs and pro not bad for a guy with limited skills.. as people say.. you dont need to be jack of all master of none
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
        lol that spider you mention was. winner in college amateurs and pro not bad for a guy with limited skills.. as people say.. you dont need to be jack of all master of none
        Thats exactly the point. He can help win championships. As for a genuine great sf for tge national team, we may need to look at lopez and the younger batch for hope. Kaunti masyado sa u21, at lalong kaunti sa gurang na players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
          Thats exactly the point. He can help win championships. As for a genuine great sf for tge national team, we may need to look at lopez and the younger batch for hope. Kaunti masyado sa u21, at lalong kaunti sa gurang na players.
          hahaha, although i love to hate the guy because he knows his strength and his strength gets the stats needed to be mvp in any league..he isnt really trying to be like what fonacier because he cannot risk his thin body if he stretch and do sidesteps all the time..he also isnt the best lateral defender even whennhe was younger..

Comment

lol that spider you mention was. winner in college amateurs and pro not bad for a guy with limited skills.. as people say.. you dont need to be jack of all master of none
            Arwind is another physically gifted guy with limited skillset. What I admire about Arwind, although he cant dribble much he knew his advantage as an undersized PF was his defensive mobility. He has maintained his body and didnt bulk up much. As a result despite his age he is still one one of the better perimeter defending PF in the PBA. Well if he developed his handles he couldve been a national team mainstay.

Kobe has similar potential but on the offensive end. Its up to him if he can achieve it.

Comment

• UP did right in looking for kobe, as all uaap teams need someone who can neutralize the output of thirdy. If kobe has enough personal control to limit attempts and get a 60-70 percent scoring efficiency plus 5 or more rebounds a game, with 3 or less turnovers, few teams can go through the maroons.

Kouame is now the more dangerous ateneo player, as none of the other uaap teams has 6'10 or taller players who can outplay him. Worse, a well-blended tag team of kouame with go and chiu might be one great wall too many for aspiring nonoys.
              Last edited by ccharmed; 07-22-2019, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                well thats why i said good job on the coaching staff. but man kobe staying in the middle and open arms just begging for the ball is not a good game plan.
                It’s by design. That’s a 1-3-1 offensive formation, and that’s where they scored a lot and started to gain momentum.
                Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• If we are talking of Kobe at his present form, if we just invision him to have an Arwind Santos level PBA career, kayang kaya yan. Kobe is at least 2-3 inches talker than Spidey and a good post defender and excellent help side defender. He has better dlashing and dribbling skills than Bagyo... Heck, at PF he can be better than Ranidel as Kobe can improve on his outside shooting(minus the magic Siko of Hudor)..At Asian level, opposing PF will be having hard covering for him from the outside, can be better than Troy even as stretch 4. Pero if we invision Kobe at SF on international level, ibang usapan na yun as he is alousy perimeter defender..

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                    Arwind is another physically gifted guy with limited skillset. What I admire about Arwind, although he cant dribble much he knew his advantage as an undersized PF was his defensive mobility. He has maintained his body and didnt bulk up much. As a result despite his age he is still one one of the better perimeter defending PF in the PBA. Well if he developed his handles he couldve been a national team mainstay.

Kobe has similar potential but on the offensive end. Its up to him if he can achieve it.
                    ang husay nu arwind sa vertical jump and having a long reach help jim yo ise less of his feet when defending especially in lower level competition

Comment

• I think through the whole tournament there were flashes were Kobe focused on defense. I think when he actually tries he’s capable of being a lock down defender.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                        I think through the whole tournament there were flashes were Kobe focused on defense. I think when he actually tries he’s capable of being a lock down defender.
                        He can be a Parks level defender if he puts his heart into it.. But defending dont make girls wet, its scoring that lure these fangirls more to him...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                          I think through the whole tournament there were flashes were Kobe focused on defense. I think when he actually tries he’s capable of being a lock down defender.
                          His defense in the Sea games was really great. They couldn’t get past him

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                            He can be a Parks level defender if he puts his heart into it.. But defending dont make girls wet, its scoring that lure these fangirls more to him...
                            well yeah

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                              His defense in the Sea games was really great. They couldn’t get past him
                              even in jones cup.. his defense is good..
                              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

in the age of sport scuence never seen a guy go gung ho everytime he slashes except for 5'5 5'3 teeagers you see in streets iba to.. 6'6 guy yun gumagawa.. thats innate talent..
                                I would be scared even if I was the same height but maybe thats just me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information