Page 77 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 4021

Thread: UAAP Season 82

  1. #1521
    Senior Member tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    The University of the Philippines Men's Basketball Team (UP MBT) dominated the paint on the way to a 90-83 victory over the Japanese powerhouse Hakuoh University in Tochigi, Japan earlier today August 14.

    The Fighting Maroons started strong from the get-go forcing errors and converting the opponent's turnovers into transition points. Jaybie Mantilla ended the first quarter with a half-court heave off a steal to push the lead to double digits.

    In the second and third quarter, the 2019 Kanto Region Men's Basketball Tournament champions began to connect from downtown and trimmed the deficit down to two, but the Maroons kept their composure and sealed their second win in Japan.

    Kobe Paras and Jun Manzo combined for 59 points while Javi Gomez de Liaņo added 10 more from the bench.
    Kobe for Arwind Santos(39 years old) replacement next year(Smb) or Troy Rosario's partner in the forward position(TNT)?

  2. #1522
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,087
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Kobe for Arwind Santos(39 years old) replacement next year(Smb) or Troy Rosario's partner in the forward position(TNT)?
    I think TNT will be the better place to be, both for his development and for the sake of Gilas. But for the sake of the PBA, he better end up with teams like Phoenix, blackwater or global port. Will be quite historic for him and Ray parks to play together. But if you were the coach, who would you pick, kobe or thirdy?

  3. #1523
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Personally, I would wait if Kobe could make it to an NBA GLeague team first prior to discussing which PBA team suits him the best. He's just starting his own legacy in college basketball, so it's better to just hope he does well in UAAP first.

    He's famous and I'm pretty sure some scouts would be attracted to him if he decides to tryout in the GLeague or any proleague in the world simply because of his popularity. Furthermore, hes got the physical tools even better than Like Doncic: wide bone structure.


    PBA is his last pro league option after all so keep trying as long as he can until he ultimately decides and say "no more. I'm done"
    Last edited by Anonymous123; 08-15-2019 at 04:06 PM.

  4. #1524
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    can we set a up an invitationals wherein we play against d-2, d-3 or against smaller d-1 schools?
    Playing against CSUN would be nice or Creighton in the middle of the season.

    Hope it happens lol

  5. #1525
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,087
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Playing against CSUN would be nice or Creighton in the middle of the season.

    Hope it happens lol
    Has the SBP established a line of communication with Toledo? I think they met with the coach back in the U19 WC

  6. #1526
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    810
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Saw this potential (but speculative) setup for Ateneo in another forum.
    Center - Kouame
    P.Forward - Go
    S.Forward - Navarro
    S.Guard - Ravena
    P. Guard - Matt Nieto

    Looks to be an international-sized team, given the player heights.

    (My) Projected second string players (given the lineup above)
    Center - Chiu
    P.Forward - Daves / Maagdenberg
    S.Forward - Mike Nieto / Malilin
    S.Guard - Wong / Andrade
    P.Guard - Tio / Belangel

    And then you have situational players like Mamuyac, who can defend up to the three position, and Credo, who can play 1-4 (4 if small ball)

  7. #1527
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,621
    Country: Austria

    Default


  8. #1528
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Surrey BC
    Posts
    237
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Mascariņas was supposed to bankroll the 23 for 23 developmental team. But since that has been thrown in the backburner, some of the funding may have been allocated to UP's overseas training.
    UP's current pool of sponsors is more than enough to fund their multiple overseas trips. If Mascarinas actually officially sponsored the team, we should have already seen a presser plus the media blitz that follows that.

  9. #1529
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,561
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Saw this potential (but speculative) setup for Ateneo in another forum.
    Center - Kouame
    P.Forward - Go
    S.Forward - Navarro
    S.Guard - Ravena
    P. Guard - Matt Nieto

    Looks to be an international-sized team, given the player heights.

    (My) Projected second string players (given the lineup above)
    Center - Chiu
    P.Forward - Daves / Maagdenberg
    S.Forward - Mike Nieto / Malilin
    S.Guard - Wong / Andrade
    P.Guard - Tio / Belangel

    And then you have situational players like Mamuyac, who can defend up to the three position, and Credo, who can play 1-4 (4 if small ball)
    if that is their starting 5, then they need to slow their tempo.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  10. #1530
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Just from priorities of the stakeholders you can see why. They train year round have more funding than most colleges around the world. The rules also give UAAP schools an advantage 5 playing years and one import.
    This is true, that is why I don't have problems recruiting kiwis like Taane to play in the UAAP instead of the US minor programs. The setup considering cost coverage and exposure is better
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  11. #1531
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,706
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    They dont look impressive. Shoddy defense. Low effort on the boards. So far no one showing the work ethic of Desiderio.

  12. #1532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,621
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    They dont look impressive. Shoddy defense. Low effort on the boards. So far no one showing the work ethic of Desiderio.
    If they play that same way against Ateneo they stand no chance.

  13. #1533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    400
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Personally, I would wait if Kobe could make it to an NBA GLeague team first prior to discussing which PBA team suits him the best. He's just starting his own legacy in college basketball, so it's better to just hope he does well in UAAP first.

    He's famous and I'm pretty sure some scouts would be attracted to him if he decides to tryout in the GLeague or any proleague in the world simply because of his popularity. Furthermore, hes got the physical tools even better than Like Doncic: wide bone structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post


    PBA is his last pro league option after all so keep trying as long as he can until he ultimately decides and say "no more. I'm done"
    taas ng pangarap mo brad, ikaw ba manager niya? i think he wont even dominate the D League here. even the MPBL.

  14. #1534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Stop being an as s hole and just appreciate optimism. Jerk.

    Who the fuk are you?

  15. #1535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    889
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    [B]

    taas ng pangarap mo brad, ikaw ba manager niya? i think he wont even dominate the D League here. even the MPBL.
    Have you seen how bad the current D League conference is ? Some scrubs playing.

  16. #1536
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    810
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    if that is their starting 5, then they need to slow their tempo.
    True, but wouldn't that be too risky, given that their tempo is already slow to begin with?

  17. #1537
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    3,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    [B]

    taas ng pangarap mo brad, ikaw ba manager niya? i think he wont even dominate the D League here. even the MPBL.
    He has high expectations for KP. Which I think is a misplaced optimism.

    Pabayaan mo na. I wouldn't be surprised at baka may picture pa ni KP doon sa altar sa bahay nya.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  18. #1538
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    He has high expectations for KP. Which I think is a misplaced optimism.

    Pabayaan mo na. I wouldn't be surprised at baka may picture pa ni KP doon sa altar sa bahay nya.
    Pavictim effect pa kayo. E kupal naman kayong dalawa. Medyo lumamang ka lang.

  19. #1539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Have you seen how bad the current D League conference is ? Some scrubs playing.
    True.

    The fact of the matter is, most UAAP teams are better than any MPBL team and D-league team for that matter.

    And to say he won't make an impact or at least dominate is quite premature.

    He's 6'6 with explosiveness for ____ sake.

    You decide which word to insert in that blank space.

  20. #1540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,485
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post
    Ricci has always been a hot-headed.

Page 77 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •