Page 188 of 319 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 6373

Thread: UAAP Season 82

Quote Originally Posted by ctongco View Post
    At times, Kobe moves like a more explosive RDO
    arzalan kazemi with a three pointer
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    ange is far superior than lenda. not to belittle lenda, it's just that ange is on another level. only other import who's at par with ange (or at par) is mbala. ange stands out in ateneo in a system where it's hard to stand out. if ange was playing on a different team, he'd rack up gaudier numbers.
    Exactly but Mbala was still on another level because he would foul out your whole front line.
    Ange can switch on to guards and is very active on both ends. Lenda is strictly a big. To be fair though Ange was out played by papi the first time they met.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    That's the best 5 of UP. Still missing chemistry but it can be potent, especially if no one among them acts like the alpha dog, or defers to someone to serve as such. Otherwise, it'll be chaotic.

Going back, there's no reason why Juan shouldn't be playing anywhere less than 25 minutes a game. He's practically unguardeable, and while his defense can be questionable at times, he's still better than any of the UP point guards. That steal off an Ahanmisi pass in the final 15 seconds is proof positive of Juan's feel for the game. And he can only get this if given the time to play.

There are times when I wish Manzo would just get into foul trouble every time. It forces Bo to not field him inside the game and Juan is given more latitude to strut his stuff. Matter of fact, I'd rather see Manzo and Mantilla as the 15th and 16th players off the bench. If Bo would prefer to start with a more "balanced" lineup that will have defensive players, I understand why he'd put in Murrell, Spencer and / or Webb in combination with any of the 5 stars. But in crunchtime, I'd like Bo to make sure that these 5 are there to close out the game, and just make situational offensive / defensive substitutions. Webb can relieve Javi or Kobe, Murrell can relieve Javi or Ricci while Spencer can relieve Ricci.

Until Bo gets it, it'll be a constant struggle for the Fighting Maroons to live up to their pre-tournament billing.
    kinda think the reason why manzo is getting so much burn is because he's looked at sort of desiderio's spiritual successor. veteran, underdog, leader. both are also cebuano. but the thing is, desiderio could play the 2 and is a much better player.

actually, i'm not too sure how ricci fits in up's best 5. definitely the talent is there. but the only thing he adds is his slashing and the highlights. since kobe, juan, and javi can slash, there's not much value added in that 5 if ricci plays. his skillset is kinda redundant with what kobe and juan offers. it would be better to put in a shooter to free up the lanes and the post for bright. during the season, it seems like ricci's shooting has regressed. even his slashing is not as effective as before since the imports right now are lengthier and more skilled. it's easier to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    You're correct, Tamayo scored measly against Greece, Argentina, Serbia & Australia and he scored well against lower tier such as New Zealand & China. Well, that only goes to show na ibang level na if we face the top tier world teams. At least in the Asia-Pacific level (except Australia), Tamayo can excel.

The point here is that among our young players in the 17 to 23 year-old age bracket, Tamayo is among the best big men we have.
    Yes, at this point, we can at least say Tamayo is good at the continental level. A very considerable improvement from years back when our best bigs like marlou are a level below their Chinese contemporaries while Kai is like our andray blatche already. Imagine what aj Edu could've been considering his productions in the couple of minutes he was able to play. And then aside from Kai, international scouts have also noticed dave ildefonso who they described as not an nba prospect but a US div 1 or euro league level talent. (I think dave's full potential will be unlocked if he plays point guard). On the senior's side, perez and bollick proved they can play at the world level while junmar can still play quality minutes despite playing injured. I think these are already a lot of things we can build from. We just have to fix our program. I hope we can get our acts together kht dito man lang sa 2023 world cup

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    kinda think the reason why manzo is getting so much burn is because he's looked at sort of desiderio's spiritual successor. veteran, underdog, leader. both are also cebuano. but the thing is, desiderio could play the 2 and is a much better player.

actually, i'm not too sure how ricci fits in up's best 5. definitely the talent is there. but the only thing he adds is his slashing and the highlights. since kobe, juan, and javi can slash, there's not much value added in that 5 if ricci plays. his skillset is kinda redundant with what kobe and juan offers. it would be better to put in a shooter to free up the lanes and the post for bright. during the season, it seems like ricci's shooting has regressed. even his slashing is not as effective as before since the imports right now are lengthier and more skilled. it's easier to stop him.
    I hope it's Manzo's last year. Can't wait to see a full time Juan-Spencer backcourt.

I am giving Ricci the benefit of the doubt. If we can give Cansino some leeway for his injury, I think the same thing can be said of Ricci due to his inactivity. He wasn't even part of the BLIA stint, maybe injured that time. But I'm really close to considering him an overrated player. PG skills still shaky, shooting still unreliable. The good thing for him is he's got a high floor. He is a two way player that possess some length and elite athleticism.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I hope it's Manzo's last year. Can't wait to see a full time Juan-Spencer backcourt.

I am giving Ricci the benefit of the doubt. If we can give Cansino some leeway for his injury, I think the same thing can be said of Ricci due to his inactivity. He wasn't even part of the BLIA stint, maybe injured that time. But I'm really close to considering him an overrated player. PG skills still shaky, shooting still unreliable. The good thing for him is he's got a high floor. He is a two way player that possess some length and elite athleticism.
    yup, it's manzo's and mantilla's last year. i think it's also bright's last playing year. gonna be the gdl bros show next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post

For the 1 position. If plays the sg position he loses those advantages.. maybe he's injured and have trouble adjusting to his teammates. I'd take Ildefonso, Abando, Thirdy, and Cansino over him. And I don't think he can be converted to a PG. Not with Juan and the other designated PGs on his team

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Surprised to learn that. No error while playing 41 mins. is impressive. Kobe only had 1 assist, though he has been passing well throughout the game.
    Weird that KP only got credited with 1 assist when clearly, he assisted Ricci on one and on another to Javi for one of the most important bucket in that ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    For the 1 position. If plays the sg position he loses those advantages.. maybe he's injured and have trouble adjusting to his teammates. I'd take Ildefonso, Abando, Thirdy, and Cansino over him. And I don't think he can be converted to a PG. Not with Juan and the other designated PGs on his team
    Ditto here except for Cansino. Thirdy hasn't shown anything yet to be considered a bonafide "shooting" guard. He is still a 3 with sub par shooting and relies on athleticism and brute strength to will his way into points.

Might be too late for Ricci to really transition into a full pledged, converted PG. Maybe we just have to include him on our long list of undersized 2 that could play some PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    Weird that KP only got credited with 1 assist when clearly, he assisted Ricci on one and on another to Javi for one of the most important bucket in that ballgame.
    Was thinking the same thing. Statistician's error clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Yes, at this point, we can at least say Tamayo is good at the continental level. A very considerable improvement from years back when our best bigs like marlou are a level below their Chinese contemporaries while Kai is like our andray blatche already. Imagine what aj Edu could've been considering his productions in the couple of minutes he was able to play. And then aside from Kai, international scouts have also noticed dave ildefonso who they described as not an nba prospect but a US div 1 or euro league level talent. (I think dave's full potential will be unlocked if he plays point guard). On the senior's side, perez and bollick proved they can play at the world level while junmar can still play quality minutes despite playing injured. I think these are already a lot of things we can build from. We just have to fix our program. I hope we can get our acts together kht dito man lang sa 2023 world cup
    Not yet convinced on Tamayo. For a teenager he is often injured.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Not yet convinced on Tamayo. For a teenager he is often injured.
    Too much excess baggage. He needs to convert those fats into lean meat, work on his core strength. He achieves that, might be strong enough to withstand contact and strain. Not to mention, he'd be more explosive and mobile. Ask Javi how he did it. Lol

Its normal for taller kids to get injured after all they are just growing into their body

The problem with Carl is that skills wise hebis already well developed, sadly those skills are for a big man and is pretty outdated in today’s game. Tbh im not really sure how well he will adapt to a smaller role since he doesnt seem that athletic

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...=home_hybrid_1

Huge development. If he misses 2 weeks, that's practically the rest of the first round. Might be too big a hole to climb out from.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...=home_hybrid_1

Huge development. If he misses 2 weeks, that's practically the rest of the first round. Might be too big a hole to climb out from.
    Oh man, why...

I was eager for Kobe and Malonzo match up lol.

Lets hope its not 2 weeks and he gets better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Its normal for taller kids to get injured after all they are just growing into their body
    Irs not actually normal for tall kids to get injured. There must be something wrong with the training and strength conditioning of the player if he is always injured... Williamson is not injury prone inspite of his size and he is just 1 year older than Carl...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Irs not actually normal for tall kids to get injured. There must be something wrong with the training and strength conditioning of the player if he is always injured... Williamson is not injury prone inspite of his size and he is just 1 year older than Carl...
    Zion though is naturally a big guy, similar to LeBron in that heir body naturally adapted to be able to hold such weight for a reason. I suspect Carl is a naturally big guy as he moves smoothly for someone his size but I don’t know anything about his diet or training to say anything really. Definitely though needs a better strength and conditioning coach as the current regimen is clearly not working.

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Wrist injury? nasobrahan sa pagjaja.....jogging! natapilok siguro

Page 188 of 319 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast