UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    MascariƱas was supposed to bankroll the 23 for 23 developmental team. But since that has been thrown in the backburner, some of the funding may have been allocated to UP's overseas training.
    UP's current pool of sponsors is more than enough to fund their multiple overseas trips. If Mascarinas actually officially sponsored the team, we should have already seen a presser plus the media blitz that follows that.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
      Saw this potential (but speculative) setup for Ateneo in another forum.
      Center - Kouame
      P.Forward - Go
      S.Forward - Navarro
      S.Guard - Ravena
      P. Guard - Matt Nieto

Looks to be an international-sized team, given the player heights.

(My) Projected second string players (given the lineup above)
      Center - Chiu
      P.Forward - Daves / Maagdenberg
      S.Forward - Mike Nieto / Malilin
      S.Guard - Wong / Andrade
      P.Guard - Tio / Belangel

And then you have situational players like Mamuyac, who can defend up to the three position, and Credo, who can play 1-4 (4 if small ball)
      if that is their starting 5, then they need to slow their tempo.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
        Just from priorities of the stakeholders you can see why. They train year round have more funding than most colleges around the world. The rules also give UAAP schools an advantage 5 playing years and one import.
        This is true, that is why I don't have problems recruiting kiwis like Taane to play in the UAAP instead of the US minor programs. The setup considering cost coverage and exposure is better
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
          They dont look impressive. Shoddy defense. Low effort on the boards. So far no one showing the work ethic of Desiderio.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
            They dont look impressive. Shoddy defense. Low effort on the boards. So far no one showing the work ethic of Desiderio.
            If they play that same way against Ateneo they stand no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
              Personally, I would wait if Kobe could make it to an NBA GLeague team first prior to discussing which PBA team suits him the best. He's just starting his own legacy in college basketball, so it's better to just hope he does well in UAAP first.

He's famous and I'm pretty sure some scouts would be attracted to him if he decides to tryout in the GLeague or any proleague in the world simply because of his popularity. Furthermore, hes got the physical tools even better than Like Doncic: wide bone structure.
              Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post

PBA is his last pro league option after all so keep trying as long as he can until he ultimately decides and say "no more. I'm done"
              taas ng pangarap mo brad, ikaw ba manager niya? i think he wont even dominate the D League here. even the MPBL.

Comment

• Stop being an as s hole and just appreciate optimism. Jerk.

Who the fuk are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                  [B]

taas ng pangarap mo brad, ikaw ba manager niya? i think he wont even dominate the D League here. even the MPBL.
                  Have you seen how bad the current D League conference is ? Some scrubs playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                    if that is their starting 5, then they need to slow their tempo.
                    True, but wouldn't that be too risky, given that their tempo is already slow to begin with?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                      [B]

He has high expectations for KP. Which I think is a misplaced optimism.

Pabayaan mo na. I wouldn't be surprised at baka may picture pa ni KP doon sa altar sa bahay nya.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                        He has high expectations for KP. Which I think is a misplaced optimism.

Pabayaan mo na. I wouldn't be surprised at baka may picture pa ni KP doon sa altar sa bahay nya.
                        Pavictim effect pa kayo. E kupal naman kayong dalawa. Medyo lumamang ka lang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                          Have you seen how bad the current D League conference is ? Some scrubs playing.
                          True.

The fact of the matter is, most UAAP teams are better than any MPBL team and D-league team for that matter.

And to say he won't make an impact or at least dominate is quite premature.

He's 6'6 with explosiveness for ____ sake.

You decide which word to insert in that blank space.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                            Ricci has always been a hot-headed.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                              I think TNT will be the better place to be, both for his development and for the sake of Gilas. But for the sake of the PBA, he better end up with teams like Phoenix, blackwater or global port. Will be quite historic for him and Ray parks to play together. But if you were the coach, who would you pick, kobe or thirdy?
                              I'll choose Thirdy if my team needs an immediate impact player but if my team needs a replacement for my aging star small forward after 2 years, I'll choose Kobe. I will made him (Kobe)undergo scout ranger training para mawala ang kaartehan.. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                                I'll choose Thirdy if my team needs an immediate impact player but if my team needs a replacement for my aging star small forward after 2 years, I'll choose Kobe. I will made him (Kobe)undergo scout ranger training para mawala ang kaartehan.. lol
                                Born with a silver spoon in his mouth syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information