UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    In fairness to Ayo, he's really in tune with the times: "Gusto naming point guard siya. [Mark Nonoy] really has to because walang shooting guard sa PBA na 5-8."

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/uaap/news...IFOEPT8ixuyR7M
    its just common sense actually. any coach would want that for nonoy at 5'8.i think nonoy at this point has hit ceiling.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

[Based on a quick internet search] Student populations of UAAP schools:
      AdU - 16,247 (2015)
      AdMU - 12,172 (2016)
      DLSU - 20,772 (2019)
      FEU - 39,892 (2019)
      NU - 7,755 (2014)
      UE - ~35,000
      UST - 42,000-44,000
      UP Diliman - 20,964 (2018); (UP System - 53,160 in 2016)
      FEU including FEU diliman,alabang and silang?
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Yes, system-wide. The Alabang campus just opened last year.

Please note that these numbers do not include elementary and secondary students.
        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          its just common sense actually. any coach would want that for nonoy at 5'8.i think nonoy at this point has hit ceiling.
          common sense is not so common. we used to have the likes of Eloy Poligrates and Jeff Viernes...
          -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

I’d have to disagree actually, I think he’s only barely tapped into his potential

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
              I’d have to disagree actually, I think he’s only barely tapped into his potential
              lets hope youre right.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• A point I’d like to make again https://www.instagram.com/p/B3PTgRAnjkW/?hl=en

This is what athleticism can do, make up for mistakes.

Comment

common sense is not so common. we used to have the likes of Eloy Poligrates and Jeff Viernes...
                  Have you seen the comments on FB? People want him to become the Allen Iverson of the PBA daw. That's more entertaining to watch

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    Have you seen the comments on FB? People want him to become the Allen Iverson of the PBA daw. That's more entertaining to watch
                    which one? jeff or eloy?

Comment

which one? jeff or eloy?
                      Nonoy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MaroonFan View Post
                        Saw Suerte playing for the University of the Visayas. He was clearly a cut above the rest of his competition. Their coach, if I'm not mistaken, played him heavily as a point guard. Also, tickets here in CESAFI are cheap. Glad I saw him playing personally.
                        Surprised to know that considering that Suerte is a good size shooting guard & a good scorer at that. As we know, some guards are not being played as point guards becoz they are too good a scorer to do the orchestrating chores.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• UE looked like a cellar dweller without Diakhite. But with him they even gave Ateneo trouble. Nanipisan ako sa some calls on the guy. But early on even Kouame had trouble with him.

If you can score on Kouame and somewhat stop him on the other end you have a chance. Bright was able to do that last finals before his injury. Thats why UP had a chance. But with Kouame beefing up now, Bright cant outmuscle him anymore.

I dont think DLSU has a chance. Bates and Balti are not enough. So far Diakhite is the only guy who I saw that gave him some problems. You can game plan against Kouame but Ateneo has far counterred any of those schemes.

Comment

• Rhenz Abando's scoring have simmered down in the last 3 games or so. It seems that opposing teams' defense have caught up with him. This will be a challenge for Abando on how he could innovate his game to be able to deal with the opposing team's defense. I think Abando should develop his penetrating/driving skills for him to be more difficult to be contained. The defense knows he is a deadly 3-point shooter, hence the perimeter defense will always make close outs. That is when Abando can drive/penetrate the lane.
                            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                              if you're a smart player you would not want to be an Iverson in any league lolol. This is why I don't read FB comments.
                              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                Surprised to know that considering that Suerte is a good size shooting guard & a good scorer at that. As we know, some guards are not being played as point guards becoz they are too good a scorer to do the orchestrating chores.
                                I guess coming into basketball from another sport has its advantages. You have no preconceived notions how you should play. Since he is as fast as the PG, he just had to learn basketball skills. Apparently it is not impossible to learn on a late age. Personally, Im not taking my son to basketball camps yet even if most Pinoy fathers do. For starters he is not tall for his age. But even if he were taller I would still focus on other sports to have him develop his balance and coordination and athleticism without height being a great advantage or disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information