No announcement yet.

UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not gonna lie I didn’t think UE was gonna be able to do anything this season especially changing coach so quickly but Suerte has been consistent for them. Still going forward unless they hit the jackpot on another Suerte I don’t know if they’ll make any noise in the future.

Comment

• exactly, they have been left out in the recruitment wars. bringing back Chiongson is a big help in that regard
      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
        Not gonna lie I didn’t think UE was gonna be able to do anything this season especially changing coach so quickly but Suerte has been consistent for them. Still going forward unless they hit the jackpot on another Suerte I don’t know if they’ll make any noise in the future.
        When chongson came in its already a given that ue would be decent not contender but not a whipping team.. they can beat slacking and mediocre teams.like adamson..
        IC may not be a champion coach but he got to the finals in pbl and d league a lot of times and uaap in his first try sadya lang my balat siya pagdating sa championship... kumbaga pag nag champion yaka di lang slit leg ang gawin niya.. thats too big of a monley of his back lang talaga..
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
          exactly, they have been left out in the recruitment wars. bringing back Chiongson is a big help in that regard
          yesiree. he has also been a good recruiter ever since the paul lee days. and his teams also overachieved alot. not exactly contenders per se but they'll always give a good fight. unlike nu. they have the richest funder and they have recruits and yet they're still scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

• I like Coach Lawrence. You can describe every single adjective you want on him - irreverent, old school, unorthodox, fiery and abrasive. But no one can call him an incompetent coach. He has the ears of Bong Tan and their relationship is rock solid, allowing him to take the necessary risks when coaching without worrying about the future of his job.

Joe Silva didn't pan out because, while he may have potential, wasn't exactly the type of coach UE needed at this time. The players weren't responding well to Silva as much as the latter wanted them to. Chongson, with all his experience in handling different personalities, had that advantage and Tan understood this.

Their 3 wins have been quite impressive - especially the one they pulled out earlier against Adamson. Diakhite has been a major factor in their wins, but the revelation has been Suerte. More than these though, UE's been playing with confidence making them compete against the other teams not named Ateneo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
              I like Coach Lawrence. You can describe every single adjective you want on him - irreverent, old school, unorthodox, fiery and abrasive. But no one can call him an incompetent coach. He has the ears of Bong Tan and their relationship is rock solid, allowing him to take the necessary risks when coaching without worrying about the future of his job.

Joe Silva didn't pan out because, while he may have potential, wasn't exactly the type of coach UE needed at this time. The players weren't responding well to Silva as much as the latter wanted them to. Chongson, with all his experience in handling different personalities, had that advantage and Tan understood this.

Their 3 wins have been quite impressive - especially the one they pulled out earlier against Adamson. Diakhite has been a major factor in their wins, but the revelation has been Suerte. More than these though, UE's been playing with confidence making them compete against the other teams not named Ateneo.
              Not to mention two of their losess were without Diakhite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                I like Coach Lawrence. You can describe every single adjective you want on him - irreverent, old school, unorthodox, fiery and abrasive. But no one can call him an incompetent coach. He has the ears of Bong Tan and their relationship is rock solid, allowing him to take the necessary risks when coaching without worrying about the future of his job.

coach lawrende knew they need a guy who can take charge which is why they had to get suerte.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• If this one keeps improving, Ateneo might be starting three 6'5+ guys next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                    I didn’t know who Suerte and Dhiakite were tbh. UE also has been sucking for a long time. They changed the team with those two recruits. Didn’t expect Chongson to do this though especially with him coming in late.
                    Because Ligang Barangay can win games too, troll lose today.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddeadll View Post

If this one keeps improving, Ateneo might be starting three 6'5+ guys next year.
                      Look at those legs man He's built like a tank, imagine a 6'5" Noli locsin...
                      Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                        I didn’t know who Suerte and Dhiakite were tbh. UE also has been sucking for a long time. They changed the team with those two recruits. Didn’t expect Chongson to do this though especially with him coming in late.
                        Saw Suerte playing for the University of the Visayas. He was clearly a cut above the rest of his competition. Their coach, if I'm not mistaken, played him heavily as a point guard. Also, tickets here in CESAFI are cheap. Glad I saw him playing personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          would it be safe to say that UP has the highest student and alumni population in all uaap schools?
                          If you include the rest of the UP System then yes UP might be or at least at par with UST in that regard. Numbers would be lesser if only Diliman is only included.

Comment

• What's Rey Suerte's height? Wikipedia states that he is 6'5".

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                              would it be safe to say that UP has the highest student and alumni population in all uaap schools?
                              [Based on a quick internet search] Student populations of UAAP schools:
                              AdU - 16,247 (2015)
                              AdMU - 12,172 (2016)
                              DLSU - 20,772 (2019)
                              FEU - 39,892 (2019)
                              NU - 7,755 (2014)
                              UE - ~35,000
                              UST - 42,000-44,000
                              UP Diliman - 20,964 (2018); (UP System - 53,160 in 2016)
                              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• In fairness to Ayo, he's really in tune with the times: "Gusto naming point guard siya. [Mark Nonoy] really has to because walang shooting guard sa PBA na 5-8."

-Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information