UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
    That was a hard fought ugly win. Kobe's handles in this tournament.. sakit talaga sa mata.
    Agree. I feel he got away with alot of double dribble and traveling.. whatever happened to his supposed training with Magsanoc? He had better handles when he was with LSGH

Comment

• Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
      yes he defends bad. But what im talking about is his defense under the basket ONLY. When he goes to contest shots.
      still disagree he left his man and went under. and it got him to foul trouble. good thing his man is not a shooter.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        lol smallball worked for UP in thr second half.
        Be careful, NCAA gonna start thinking they're at par with US NCAA Div 2 now lol.

Jokes aside I just looked at Vanguard's lineup and they're actually not very tall with the tallest at 6'5. Guard savvy UAAP teams would have done well against them as well i reckon.

Vanguard lost by 11 against the Taiwanese univ champion team. They played smallball as well with their star player basically playing a pinoy style game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
          Be careful, NCAA gonna start thinking they're at par with US NCAA Div 2 now lol.

Jokes aside I just looked at Vanguard's lineup and they're actually not very tall with the tallest at 6'5. Guard savvy UAAP teams would have done well against them as well i reckon.
          ive seen mismatch between mantilla and his man but vanguard never took the opportunity to make mantilla defend the post.sayang.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Vanguard plays at the NAIA Division I level. Arguably lower than NCAA Division II.
            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• UP has a platoon of 6' 3" and above guys that are capable ballhandlers--Spencer, Murrel, Javi, Tungcab and Noah. It saddens me that Kobe isn't one of them despite being able to crack a Div 1 roster. I hope this is just a matter of nerves (he's been playing overeagerly since game 1) and not a true reflection of his ballhandling skills.
              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                UP has a platoon of 6' 3" and above guys that are capable ballhandlers--Spencer, Murrel, Javi, Tungcab and Noah. It saddens me that Kobe isn't one of them despite being able to crack a Div 1 roster. I hope this is just a matter of nerves (he's been playing overeagerly since game 1) and not a true reflection of his ballhandling skills.
                he likes to drive but his handles are horrific borderline ghastly. hope and pray he works on it tho.

Comment

• Check out slomos of his dribbling. He doesnt lean into the ball when moving at high speed to naturally protect the ball with his body or his other arm. Even a high school defender can easily swat his dribble away. He is one of the worst uaap dribblers i've seen. I wont talk anymore about his passing incompetence as anonymous123 really likes him perhaps a bit too much.

Anyway, i havent described kobe's incompetence worse than other observers. The only reason i even bothered is that im amazed he is still basically nothing more than a high school player who can dunk. A 21 year old with high school abilities still.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                    UP is not ready for a championship run. A trustee, paras, cant be trusted with shooting decisions and has the ball control of a high school player. Kulang na kulang sa disiplinadong praktis sa dribbling at passing. Paras' very bad ball control and shooting control makes him the guy you bench in the last quarter. The rest cant be trusted with timely and reliable outside shooting, amd cant even be trusted to make foul throws.

Vanguard is unquestionably a mediocre team and the maroons cant even manhandle it. Malabo final 4 sa UP. Paglaruan lang ng ust midget ballers ang team na ito. Cant even defend well, and akhuetie has deteriorated, probably permanently, to 60 percent of his peak abilities. Rivero and jgdl, as the real go-to guys, are not good enough to help a team as bad as the maroons against a reliable team like ateneo. Walang disiplinadong set plays ang maroons.
                    Nga-nga

Wala pang jgdl and ricci jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                      Check out slomos of his dribbling. He doesnt lean into the ball when moving at high speed to naturally protect the ball with his body or his other arm. Even a high school defender can easily swat his dribble away. He is one of the worst uaap dribblers i've seen. I wont talk anymore about his passing incompetence as anonymous123 really likes him perhaps a bit too much.

Anyway, i havent described kobe's incompetence worse than other observers. The only reason i even bothered is that im amazed he is still basically nothing more than a high school player who can dunk. A 21 year old with high school abilities still.
                      This tells us about the level our highschool level star player scored double figures against. Perhaps indonesia, taiwan college teams, etc are grade school level.

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                        This tells us about the level our highschool level star player scored double figures against. Perhaps indonesia, taiwan college teams, etc are grade school level.
                        True. Those teams will have a hard time winning even against the Bullpups etc with the way they played. Malayo pa din ang gap no disrespect to UP. Most of the teams are patsies

Comment

• The aspiration and fantasy of uaap teams, like their fans, is to be competitive with nba teams.

To use the level of the teams playing in taiwan as a gauge is meaningless. It was already mentioned this vanguard team is not an ncaa div2 team. It is correct that the bullpups can even win against some of the teams in taiwan. The nu bulldogs have legit national players. Paras wont make it to a national team other than the favoritism route.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                            How good is this Vanguard team? Definitely better than the previous schools but are they even in the top 10 in their league?
                            They won the NAIA Division I championship in 2018, then got knocked out in the first round of the NAIA Division I Tournament this year.
                            Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                              Bright Akhuetie on a 12-0 run. UP leading by 1.
                              what did brightside manhandle div 2 competition
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                                what did brightside manhandle div 2 competition
                                Their talents player was around his height. At one point they started triple teaming him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information