Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1767

Thread: UAAP Season 82

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Bright Akhuetie on a 12-0 run. UP leading by 1.
    what did brightside manhandle div 2 competition
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    what did brightside manhandle div 2 competition
    Their talents player was around his height. At one point they started triple teaming him.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    They won the NAIA Division I championship in 2018, then got knocked out in the first round of the NAIA Division I Tournament this year.
    So safe to say they're one of the top schools. Are they on the same level as DIv 2 or Div 3 schools?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    he likes to drive but his handles are horrific borderline ghastly. hope and pray he works on it tho.
    Really? So they haven't improved since he his disappointing 3x3 turn when he was around 18? This really makes me question the quality of his opposition in the US in HS. IRC he was a bit older than his peers? So he was a bit more physically developed. So his good performance in HS is possibly more because he was physically more developed than his peers than any superior skillset? Ball handling seems to be a basic skill for a perimeter player. Really doesn't speak well of his "development" there if he didn't improve it much.

Kobe’s dribbling is so weird and he keeps taking Klay Thompson type shots

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Really? So they haven't improved since he his disappointing 3x3 turn when he was around 18? This really makes me question the quality of his opposition in the US in HS. IRC he was a bit older than his peers? So he was a bit more physically developed. So his good performance in HS is possibly more because he was physically more developed than his peers than any superior skillset? Ball handling seems to be a basic skill for a perimeter player. Really doesn't speak well of his "development" there if he didn't improve it much.
    his moves are really predictable and dribbles with his dominant right hand. he just drives without analysing the defense and no court vision.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    He will be played at PF so remedy his lacked of perimeter skills

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    So safe to say they're one of the top schools. Are they on the same level as DIv 2 or Div 3 schools?
    I heard that NAIA teams are on the same level as Div 3. Maybe a bit better but not Div 2 level. They won NAIA I in 2014. This is their current lineup. http://www.vanguardlions.com/roster/0/1.php Biggest player is around 6'5''. If Kobe is really special, he should have been dominating this level of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Certainly below D-II. Not sure if they are on the same level as NCAA D-III. Might be slightly ahead because they're allowed to offer athletic scholarships.
    Keep running, big boy.

still believe up.can give chinese taipei a a good run

Quote Originally Posted by juggler View Post
    I heard that NAIA teams are on the same level as Div 3. Maybe a bit better but not Div 2 level. They won NAIA I in 2014. This is their current lineup. http://www.vanguardlions.com/roster/0/1.php Biggest player is around 6'5''. If Kobe is really special, he should have been dominating this level of competition.
    Wow they have a 5'4 player. Height wise I think most of our Junior teams can compete with them. Not really sure they'd win but it will be fun to watch.

What is crystal-clear is that kobe at best can be the center of a midget ball setup. He can never be a true forward as the much younger and much taller edu and sotto have superior basic skills and can protect and handle the ball much better than him. With him as sub center for akhuetie, and the de lianos, ricci and the veteran bisaya boys as midget ballers, his possession failure ratio would go down enough to allow the maroons to survive much better ballhandling teams like ust and ateneo.

As hard to imagine as it is for guys like me who felt originally he could be the missing great sf for the nt, almazan or belga plays the forward position smarter than paras. The ever-improving javi, who i mentioned in this or another forum years ago as a future very good forward will be crucial against the extra good frontline of the champion ateneo.

Pinagbibigyan na lang sa team si kobe dahil nag champion up dahil magaling ang tatay niya. Kailangang murahin madalas siya ng coach gaya ni guiao. Kaso, alam ng up coaches na pusong mamon ito at maglalayas o magmumukmok na lang at willing maging pabigat sa team. Okay na sa maroons iyong 4steps-and-a-dunk na only best move niya. Maduduro na niya ue, feu, adamson at la salle frontline sa ganoon.

Anong advice kung ganoon ang pwede pa kaya sa kanya kamo? Sabihin sa kanya na mas magaling ang 16 na sotto sa 15 na sotto. Laki lamang ng 17 na sotto sa 16 na sotto. Siguradong monster ang 21 na sotto kumpara sa 17 sotto. Iyong 21 na kobe isang dangkal lang improvement sa 17 na kobe. Kung si lebron talaga idol niya, anong championship level abilities pa ang kaya niyang idagdag o ipalit sa uhugin niyang moves?? Masaya at kuntento na ba siya na mas magaling na forward ang 5'8 na nonoy sa kanya??
    Last edited by ccharmed; 07-21-2019 at 12:46 AM.

La Salle and Ben Mbala dominated and won this tournament (BLIA) in 2017. That same year I think they lost the UAAP title to Ateneo and lost the FilOil title to San Beda.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    La Salle and Ben Mbala dominated and won this tournament (BLIA) in 2017. That same year I think they lost the UAAP title to Ateneo and lost the FilOil title to San Beda.
    san beda can give a run with the chinese taipei nt..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    DLSU lost the UAAP title that year but there was a sudden change in the team, with Mbala forfeiting his last playing and immediately went abroad without explanation, Coach Ayo resigned without talking to ECJ, 3 players were given their walking papers including the Rivero bros. Something very fishy must have happened during that championship playoffs that big heads were made to roll. Those advertising contracts excuses for the Rivero bros are all rubbish. The fact that very dominant players of the team which are the pillars of the championship playoffs were resigned is very suspicious.

UP vs a sort popular team live stream link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pnoHvOO5RA
    They call me THE HERO.

how about if someone organize an invitational wherein we invite teams from D-II, D-III and some lower tier D-I schools to come here and play against UAAP teams and San Beda? instead of fil-oil flying v tournament, i think this one should come into fruition.
    Last edited by ja.he; 07-21-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

UP up by just 1, 79-78
    They call me THE HERO.

UP up by 9, 92-83, with just 1:36 left in the game.
    They call me THE HERO.

up with consecutive dumb moves
    They call me THE HERO.

Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast