No announcement yet.

UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Orme Senior Yeah HighlightsPortland State University 2018-2019Smooth Athletic Sharpshooter 6’7#Seattle Portland #PortlandStateUniversity#PSU #Highlights

Orme in action. Explosive, plays above the rim. Checked his stats and he can hit his 3s in a respectable clip (32%). At 6' 7", he's gonna be a match up problem in UAAP.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Nonoy lovers will get their wish -- games against the "grown men" of la salle.

La salle is bringing RPGs to their war with ateneo. No more midget snipers. Ateneo will have enough time to buy their own weapons of mass destruction. Biglang naging fiba asia war ang laban ng dalawang matigas ulong schools na ito (hehehe..). Magmumukhang pang tanga na lang ang san miguel-tnt battles nito.

Comment

• Afaik unwritten rule sa Ateneo na ayaw nila ng one-and-done, gusto nila ng at least 2-3 years kaya it will always necessitate a year in residency kaya wala masyadong big changes na makikita sa ADMU roster at this point; no more surprises unless Eli Ramos makes the team this year and becomes a star in his rookie year.

Comment

• Thr one and done may not really work well. Ateneo has very good team plays, and good bigs to control a game. Taane samuel is proof that one year may not be enough team adjustment time. Im sure tab will focus more on locking out the shaded lane for la salle games.

Comment

• What's DLSU's preseason been like btw? Are they training overseas as well? I know Ateneo just finished their Greece trip and are now in Australia. UP of course in Taiwan after going to Serbia & the US.

Ps. Man its crazy how much money is being put into these programs!

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJaRuIOg9o4

Orme in action. Explosive, plays above the rim. Checked his stats and he can hit his 3s in a respectable clip (32%). At 6' 7", he's gonna be a match up problem in UAAP.
              oh wow.man this guy is good. hope kobe will be as good as him.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                What's DLSU's preseason been like btw? Are they training overseas as well? I know Ateneo just finished their Greece trip and are now in Australia. UP of course in Taiwan after going to Serbia & the US.

What's even crazier is how we can't produce an NBA player despite all these.

Safe to say, that's not the goal. The goal is to form the best team to reign over at the end of the season. Individual optimum talent can be achieved, but only if said individual is willing and capable to put on the extra work and spend a fortune.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                  What's DLSU's preseason been like btw? Are they training overseas as well? I know Ateneo just finished their Greece trip and are now in Australia. UP of course in Taiwan after going to Serbia & the US.

The significant preseason tournament they played is with Filoil where they finished second to San Beda but that was after UP (who they lost against in the elims) begged of in the quarters. Also they did not face adamson who was in the other bracket. They beat the other teams not tagged as contenders in the uaap, ncaa. Ofcourse admu did not participate.

I read somewhere they are going to Korea for tune up games before the uaap starts. I’m thinking maybe they won’t go to as many training centers anymore because they already brought in Coach Byrd who is supposedly a developmental coach by specialization, sort of like flying in the trainor to do in-house training like how companies do to save on training budget for employees lol

Comment

• Originally posted by scuderia01ph View Post
                    The significant preseason tournament they played is with Filoil where they finished second to San Beda but that was after UP (who they lost against in the elims) begged of in the quarters. Also they did not face adamson who was in the other bracket. They beat the other teams not tagged as contenders in the uaap, ncaa. Ofcourse admu did not participate.

I read somewhere they are going to Korea for tune up games before the uaap starts. I’m thinking maybe they won’t go to as many training centers anymore because they already brought in Coach Byrd who is supposedly a developmental coach by specialization, sort of like flying in the trainor to do in-house training like how companies do to save on training budget for employees lol
                    With these developments from DLSU, they will have the edge because those two one and done players could easily qualify in the PBA whereas they will be up against younger and less experience college players plus they have the height and heft. Laput even joined the 2019 NBA draft but went undrafted making him an NBA free agent. This will be a very exciting UAAP season specially for Ateneo, UP and DLSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmopolitan View Post
                      With these developments from DLSU, they will have the edge because those two one and done players could easily qualify in the PBA whereas they will be up against younger and less experience college players plus they have the height and heft. Laput even joined the 2019 NBA draft but went undrafted making him an NBA free agent. This will be a very exciting UAAP season specially for Ateneo, UP and DLSU.
                      Actually ADMU was trying to recruit another one and Done former D1 player. The he ultimately chose another uaap school.

Also I still dont think DLSU is making the final four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                        Actually ADMU was trying to recruit another one and Done former D1 player. The he ultimately chose another uaap school.

Also I still dont think DLSU is making the final four.
                        Which teams are your final 4 bets this season?

Comment

• I think
                          Admu up adu feu. NU also if their coach is halfway decent

I just cant really picture DLSU without some growing pains. New Coach , tons of new players who have minimal experience of basketball in the Philippines

Comment

• Oh news finally out, been tough,
                            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                              Oh news finally out, been tough,
                              im very disappointed in you
                              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                                And both Laput & Orme are already eligible to play for La Salle this season? No more residency?
                                Yes. They are taking the Troy Rike route.

Aside from Laput and Orme, DLSU has another one-and-done player in 6'0" Fil-am Guard Keyshawn Evans, who played D-1 basketball for Illinois State.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information