UAAP Season 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
    Yes. I mean no one should force anyone to behave a certain way unless rules are being broken. I mean if you don't like a certain poster's opinion, you can just ignore.

Please stop using this forum as an avenue for trolling other forumers. IBN has always been known as a place where on could have quality and respectful discussions about basketball. Let's keep it that way. We don't want this to turn to another PEX.
    Absolutely.

Bro where do you live? I would love to send you some chocolates. Pm me your address and your cp number.

Wish this forum was filled with posters like you. This place would be heaven.

Comment

Yes. I mean no one should force anyone to behave a certain way unless rules are being broken. I mean if you don't like a certain poster's opinion, you can just ignore.

Please stop using this forum as an avenue for trolling other forumers. IBN has always been known as a place where on could have quality and respectful discussions about basketball. Let's keep it that way. We don't want this to turn to another PEX.
      reminds me of the great Japeth Aguilar debate back in the day, the ibn was so heated back then...

Comment

• Originally posted by beansent View Post
        One thing i noticed is the yabang attitude of somenUP players, yabang na wala sa lugar. Webb had a block and gave the opposing player fierce look, what for? Did your block already won the game?

Ricci did the same when he had scored on a play. Then UST answered with a three lol.
        Swag is different from yabang and you have no right magyabang lalo na lamang kalaban
        lol saw this one too. 1gdl made a three nagyabang pa sa audience yet they were down by more than 10.lol.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by el scorcho View Post
          Still grieving from the loss, but I can't lie, it is not at all unexpected.

Bo has not been able to adjust at all season, I can't expect him to do it in two days. But it's not impossible.

UP looks lost when Juan GDL is not on the floor.

Still no support for Kobe, no picks etc. Outside shooting was atrocious, while UST was sharp.

They went on pure talent to make the run, and UST was prepared for it. They could have done it earlier, Kobe should have been more aggressive.

Also--and it's so painstaking for a fan--what happened to Gob and Gozum? Why is Prado the only option when Bright sits?
          On that matter--why is Jaboneta getting playing time? Murell and Spencer are there, and they could contribute more than Jaboneta.

Is this a senior tribute since Jaboneta and Prado are graduating? You can't do that on a crucial game!
          i agree. they have the worst looking offense. just dump it to bright. most of the other shots wala talaga puro sariling sikap. twas an eyesore. kobe trying to keep the heads of his teamates together specially bright. baka ma suspend na naman.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
            i agree. they have the worst looking offense. just dump it to bright. most of the other shots wala talaga puro sariling sikap. twas an eyesore. kobe trying to keep the heads of his teamates together specially bright. baka ma suspend na naman.
            I think a lot could be said about Kobe's style of play. But I don't think anyone could dispute the fact that he has been UP's most level headed player this year. Wala masyadong yabang, wala masyadong arte. Doesn't complain, doesn't whine like his other teammates. Some of his teammates feel entitled but the newcomer, Kobe, has acted like their true leader.

Comment

I think a lot could be said about Kobe's style of play. But I don't think anyone could dispute the fact that he has been UP's most level headed player this year. Wala masyadong yabang, wala masyadong arte. Doesn't complain, doesn't whine like his other teammates. Some of his teammates feel entitled but the newcomer, Kobe, has acted like their true leader.
              i agree. despite that bo has no play for him he is doing his best. i dont know why they are specifically picking on kobe when in fact its ricci and 1gdl has been not doing well. kobe has been putting up double digits many times. i do hope he remains for one more year. i dont see UP winning tho sadly. USTs game plan was basic. let bright produce and stop everyone else. its basically what ateneo did to UP in the elims.

Comment

I think the success of the Maroons last season, plus the pre season hype got in their heads hence the yabang na wala sa lugar

UP's ball movement was an eye sore, atleast the maroons didnt engage UST in another 3 point battle like last time

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                  I think the success of the Maroons last season, plus the pre season hype got in their heads hence the yabang na wala sa lugar

UP's ball movement was an eye sore, atleast the maroons didnt engage UST in another 3 point battle like last time
                  lol what ball movement. even player movement wala. naka standby lang. ust did pretty well shutting down the passing lanes of UP. reminiscent of what ateneo did actually. UP basically drive and drop pass mostly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                    Absolutely.

Bro where do you live? I would love to send you some chocolates. Pm me your address and your cp number.

Wish this forum was filled with posters like you. This place would be heaven.
                    Haha no need bro. Just pay it forward.

Speaking on Kobe, I was very skeptical of him during the start of this season. But he has proven me wrong. Sure he plays recklessly and makes a lot of bad decisions but he has shown that he has the tools and the proper mindset to dominate. It's just that he's in a shitty situation right now wherein he is not being maximized to his fullest potential. Would love the see him play for a good system team like Ateneo or FEU. Wag sana muna PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                      i agree. despite that bo has no play for him he is doing his best. i dont know why they are specifically picking on kobe when in fact its ricci and 1gdl has been not doing well. kobe has been putting up double digits many times. i do hope he remains for one more year. i dont see UP winning tho sadly. USTs game plan was basic. let bright produce and stop everyone else. its basically what ateneo did to UP in the elims.
                      Yeah. I'll be honest. I thought Kobe was going to be a cancer but he has been their rock. I remember posting before the start of the season that he was going to be UP's fourth best player after 1GDL, Bright, and friggin RICCI. Boy, was I wrong. Even Ricci's BFF, Brent, has been more impressive.

Couldn't it be that Ricci's too distracted right now by offcourt commitments? I remember Kiefer and Jeron's game dipping after endorsements started coming towards their way. Ateneo fans will never forget Kiefer's Enervon injury while DLSU fans will never forget Jeron and AVO's cameo at a Bench fashion show a day before a crucial game (Finals ba yun or semis?).

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post

Yes, I agree 100%. But all is not lost for UP. Despite the fact that UST has beaten them 3 times, all they need is one win to reach the finals. 1GDL has finally woken up. Kobe was terrible awhile ago. If Kobe plays better and 1GDL stays the same, may tulog ang UST.

Comment

• Posters have been pointing out UPs problems ever since the preseason yet until now nothing has been done to address them. UP somehow won most of the games through sheer talent and luck. I dunno if they have the time to implement the changes needed to survive this series.

Regarding the yabang, some people call that swagger. I personally don't like that to me that is a sign of immaturity but to some that shows fire and passion

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                            Posters have been pointing out UPs problems ever since the preseason yet until now nothing has been done to address them. UP somehow won most of the games through sheer talent and luck. I dunno if they have the time to implement the changes needed to survive this series.

Regarding the yabang, some people call that swagger. I personally don't like that to me that is a sign of immaturity but to some that shows fire and passion
                            Their offense revolves around Bright in the post and when it doesnt work out, everyone goes iso lol. I maybe wrong but...that's initially what comes to mind. Wish they had MORE ball movement involved in their offense though. Also, they have to trust the former secret weapon of Creighton; give him good screens as someone here pointed out.
                            Last edited by Anonymous123; 11-12-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Posters have been pointing out UPs problems ever since the preseason yet until now nothing has been done to address them. UP somehow won most of the games through sheer talent and luck. I dunno if they have the time to implement the changes needed to survive this series.

Swagger is ok as it is perfectly natural because it is our innate instinct just like in animal kingdom, animals show off, louder roar, showing off feathers and all those other instincts to scare off opponent and to show dominance.
                              ut it is a different thing when you punch a board because of a botched dunk (di mo alam kung napahiya o nabasag ego eh)
                              trans: seriously why the hell will you do that if your hand gets injured it may result in you not being able to play next game
                              I am not a six footer, so I play heavy metal instead...

Comment

Remember that pre-season interview with Paras who literally said that it would be “fun” to meet Ateneo in the finals?

LOL

The Abando hype seemed more legit than Mr. I’m Going Pro hype
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information